  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Wireless Connection Local Only by RajD
when i try to connect my windows Vista Ultimate by Belkin N series Wireless card its connectiong with router but giving me message that its Connected Local Only not internet so i can't access internet. but when i try to connect router physicaly with RJ45 cable to computer than internet works. i don't understand how to sort this out..
February 10th 07 09:41 PM
by RajD Go to last post
0 153
wireless connection by reni
my dv6000 notebook running on vista os does not connect to the linksys router.it detects the signal but then it looses the ip after some time.i have checked disabling the ipv6 but does not help.any ideas?
June 5th 07 05:40 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 207
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 12:25 PM
by !kalboBill Go to last post
0 478
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 03:33 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 545
Wireless card stops very often to function after sleep in Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 by Kenneth[_2_]
I have some Dell laptops (d830, d620, d630) that has problems with the wireless networkcard (Intel Wireless 4965 AGN). Very often it stops to function after the computer has been to sleep. I have spoken to dell and they have had issues with this before, but it has always been resolved with this fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929734 which is included in SP1. The wireless icon still apears...
April 17th 08 09:54 AM
by Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT] Go to last post
6 131
Wireless card recommendation to avoid driver hell by letmein
I currently have an Asus motherboard that has a built on wireless card and the driver support is horrible at best. The only driver that works is a USB one and so whenever I plugin or unplug something I have to "repair" my wireless card. To make a long story short, I am looking for a good internal (PCI) wireless card that works flawlessly with vista x64 ultimate. I need: b/g compatibility
July 9th 07 02:00 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 133
Wireless card off on startup? by carnelain
Hi all, I was wondering is there a registry key that turns on my wireless network card? I would like to have it in the off position on boot. When I boot my laptop it is on on default. I was hoping to do the same trick I did with the numlock key. This was done by changing the value of the following registry key to 2: HKEY USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators Any...
November 14th 07 11:00 AM
by carnelain Go to last post
9 130
wireless card not working on Windows Vista by Ricardo Cunha
I have an Averatec laptop and since I installed Windows Vista my wireless device stopped to work. It’s a built in 802.11 b/g wireless card which worked well on Windows XP. Averatec is refusing to support me because Windows Vista isn’t the original operating system and so it’s not supported. Despite that, there is a label glue in the laptop saying "Windows Vista capable". I can’t be...
July 31st 07 06:19 PM
by John Go to last post
5 114
Wireless card not working on acer aspire 5640 by JMR
Hi, I bought an acer aspire 5640 and no wireless utility are working on it : wireless card, wireless keyboard and mouse. Do somebody have aa idea on the solution ? Thanks in advance ans sorry for my english. JMR
April 27th 08 04:53 AM
by JMR Go to last post
5 218
Wireless Card gives Vista x64 BSOD by psc
I have an Atheros AR5007 wireless card in my laptop which also runs Vista Ultimate x64 edition. The problem I get is every now or then I get a BSOD that is caused by my wireless card. I have the latest drivers and don't really know what to do to solve it. How can I prevent the BSOD from occuring? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 1st 09 12:59 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
14 418
Wireless Card cannot start (Code 10) by Ryobi
I am using Vista RC1 and having the most annoying problem with my wireless adapter. My PC connects to my wireless network via a Netgear WG311v3 PCI Adapter. The adapter has been updated with the latest Netgear firmware. Vista insists on installing the Marvell Livertas drivers for my card, and refuses to install the Netgear drivers, stating the "File could not be found" when installing the...
November 10th 06 11:33 AM
by Ryobi Go to last post
0 100
wireless card automatically disabling by iceykitsune
shortly after i installed SP 1 for vista business my wireless card started to disable itself and stop all traffic. the only way i could get my network back was to reboot the laptop. i have looked in the network connections folder and saw the card was listed as disabled, after trying to enable it it still said it was disabled even tho the enabling... window poped up. i have tried to reinstall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 09 03:11 PM
by binary1000 Go to last post
10 461
Wireless button flashing - wifi only working intermittently (HP Pavilion zv5000) by [email protected]
I've upgraded my HP Pavilion zv5000 to Windows Vista, although HP doesn't support Vista on this laptop. After I upgraded the display adapter manually (using the Omega drivers) things were running smoothly - until I wanted to use the wifi capabilities. The button normally used for switching wifi on and off doesn't work and the light (on the actual button) that indicates whether wifi is on or off...
March 21st 07 07:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 103
wireless broadband by will
Can anyone tell me if it's possible and economical to have wireless broadband without having a fixed land line connected because i'm sick of paying the line rental on a phone that i just about never use. I sometimes think we pay through the nose for communication that's not really up to speed in Australia.
March 9th 08 08:28 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 133
wireless antenna switch by rf
Hello, is there a programmatic way to query the state of the wireless switch? Perhaps there is an interface that I can register for notifications? If so, does anyone know the interface GUID? Thanks in advance, Rick
January 19th 10 06:57 PM
by Pavel A.[_2_] Go to last post
6 493
wireless antenna switch by rf
Hello, is there a programmatic way to query the state of the wireless switch? Perhaps there is an interface that I can register for notifications? If so, does anyone know the interface GUID? Thanks in advance, Rick
January 12th 10 11:46 PM
by rf Go to last post
0 245
wireless and sound card by macshac
Can anybody advise why vista will not allow the installation of my ausb wireless adapter and the wireless hub as both theses refuse to run their installation cd. Vista will not allow the installation CD for my sound card creative X-Fi. Is this just because candidate (RC1) has not been completed yet?
October 27th 06 01:11 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 231
Wireless and Printers Not working by JukEboX
I have installed vista onto my Dell Latitude D620 and Everytime I bring it back from hibernate or sleep it first loses connection to wireless and wired network and when I try to reconnect it has limited access. I will sit for hours trying to diagnose the problem and get nowhere. The second thing is after I restart the computer the Print Spooler Crashes. I have not been able to print ever...
October 25th 06 12:10 AM
by JukEboX Go to last post
0 170
Wireless adaptor is lost after waking from sleep (intermittent fau by Arty-W
Hello I'm had this fault since I bought the notebook last September. It's been investigated by my computer supplier who maintains that it is a a Vista-related problem and not a hardware fault. After waking up from sleep, the wireless adaptor doesn't work. The device has disappeared from Device Manager, and there is an PlugPlayManager system event logged - see details below. The only way to...
February 7th 08 12:31 PM
by pricefix23[_2_] Go to last post
9 223
wireless adaptor driver by Silvester[_2_]
My Remote NDTS 802.11 Wireless Adaptor for internet, does not work with Vista (Although it worked OK with XP). I have searched for a driver, but cannot find one. I would greatly appreciate help. Thanks
February 11th 08 01:16 AM
by andrew Go to last post

From The