  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Display on second monitor by melanie
Have connected my laptop to an old TV - sound is coming through TV and picture is also connected onto the TV screen, however the picture is coming through in black & white instead of in colour. Any suggestions?
December 17th 07 07:56 PM
by Morten Go to last post
1 90
Display only "half-awakens" after sleep by John Chamberlain
I have a 2 year old Toshiba laptop with Intel 915GMS graphics which lately has been having a serious problem with the screen going "semi-dark" upon "waking." It has been occurring for a couple of weeks now and the interim solution for me was to not "sleep" it. I am running Vista Ultimate and have all the latest drivers, updates et al. With the aid of additional lighting, I can see well...
April 6th 07 05:28 PM
by John Chamberlain Go to last post
2 123
display problem by Chad
I upgraded my "vista capable" Sony Vaio laptop to Vista RTM (official release). Now, in both Media Center 2005 that came with the laptop AND Vista RTM I'm running now, there is no option to reduce gamma. This is rather strange because the Intel graphic accelerator does not give you the option to reduce below 1.0. My screen is too bright and I have zero option to adjust the display contrast,...
November 30th 06 09:09 PM
by Chad Go to last post
0 151
display problems in vista by DJ_danne
Hi, my problem is that occasionly the display just starts to "going from side to side" in a very high speed so it is not possible to read the display anymore, it could also just be distorted in some kind of displacement of the pixels... it looks like every "vertical line" of pixels have been displaced a bit, also making the display unreadable. I have a Dell XPS M1210 with an integrated...
August 6th 07 12:38 PM
by DJ_danne Go to last post
3 94
Display Properties problem in RC1 by Ken
Since installing RC1, when I unckeck "Hide Modes that this monitor cannot display" in the advanced section of display properties, I am initially able to get the 1776 X 1000 (1080i) I need, but after using Media Center or rebooting, the resolution resets to a "safe" resolution. When I go into display properties again, the Hide Modes box is again checked. This did not happen in Beta 2 or 5534,...
September 14th 06 01:35 PM
by Ken Go to last post
0 159
display red screen by luke
I installed need for speed most wanted but i lost cd key so i went online and got one when i intalled game it asked me to install direct x 9 i said yes, i have a xfx geforce 8600 gt, xfx 680i mobo and a intel dual core cpu everthing has been working fine until i tired to install this game. My problem is that everthing is red i can still see everthing and it all works but its all with a red...
March 1st 08 05:16 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 157
display resizes after sleep by Newkirk
when my computer returns from sleep the display settings are changed and the screen does not fully fit the monitor. I can go change it at display settings but its a hassle everytime.
August 29th 07 05:02 AM
by Simple Solution that Works Go to last post
8 143
Display resolution not sticking by Tucker_Adelaide
Whenever I reboot my computer the screen resolution changes back to a lower resolution of 1024x768. I set the display back to 1280 x 1024 and use the system.. when I reboot it sets back to that setting.. any ideas?
January 28th 07 01:28 AM
by Tucker_Adelaide Go to last post
2 137
Display Setting Task by mc
hello there, I need some help pls, I don't know what's going on with the Display Setting task, it pops up everytimes I log into windows Vista. Any comments would be welcome. thanks very much mates
September 29th 06 05:36 PM
by mc Go to last post
0 365
Display Settings by Macman2007uk
Hi Everyone: I have 2 problems & maybe they are connected.. I hope I have put in correct forum. I have a problem with my Monitor Samsung Sync Master 2232 BW, I have been running this Monitor perfect using Windows XP. BUT When I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium, what happens periodically when starting my PC, my monitor can not handle my display settings of 1680 X 1050, what I...
June 20th 08 04:26 AM
by Macman2007uk Go to last post
6 179
Display settings problems by Smartlynx
I run Vista Ultimate, and everytime I shut down the computer and restart it, the resolution is set to 800x600 256K color. and so all the arrangements on my desktop get corrupted. That does not happen when I sleep or hibernate my computer. Any idea? Thanks Smartlynx -- Be Honest, Smile back.
July 30th 07 10:52 AM
by Smartlynx Go to last post
4 126
Display shuts off when vista boots by bwoogie
I'm having a problem with my display shutting off when I boot Vista. The monitor turns on when I turn on my computer. It stays on through the progress bar. But once that part is done the monitor will show a "No Signal" message and fall asleep. Now, this only happens in certain circumstances! It only happens if say I have my external Hard Drive attached, or my iPod is plugged in. Sometime's...
April 20th 08 10:35 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 116
Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode? by Bjarte
A couple of questions, any help appreciated. Is there any way to change the graphic settings from Safe Mode such that when I restart the computer it will start with the new settings? I know there is a low resolution option from the F8 menu during startup, but this does not work. The only thing that seems to work is the VGA driver in safe mode. Is it possible to make my laptop use this driver...
May 22nd 08 11:15 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 163
DisplayPort by dinesh
*Information on the DisplayPort™ Digital Display Interface* DisplayPort is a new, open, industry standard digital display interface, developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) Display Systems Committee. DisplayPort is this next generation display interface, and it is designed to serve as a broadly deployable connectivity solution for PCs, monitors, flat panels, projectors,...
January 21st 09 03:43 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
2 189
Dispositivos CD by papichulo
No consigo que aparezcan las unidades DVD-RW, tengo dos y no puedo instalar programas
March 28th 08 03:01 PM
by papichulo Go to last post
0 256
Dissapearing Optical Drive by Luc
I have 2 laptops (diff brands) both running Vista Home Premium All of the sudden the Optical Drive starts to dissapear (and sometimes returns) It is seen in the Bios But in Explorer (and device manager) it just vanishes.. Rebooting does not help.. It sometimes just reappears by itself in the same way it dissapears..
January 11th 09 06:35 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
3 202
Distorted sound after installing Vista Home Premium by Tracy W.
I just installed Vista Home Premium onto my pc, and everything seems to be running ok, except for the sound. No matter what application I run, my sound seems to skip a lot. It's most noticeable when listening to music or TV. Various media players don't make a difference, and it acts like my pc is starving for resources. I've got a 3.2Ghz cpu w/2Gb of memory and plenty of hard drive...
January 3rd 08 02:39 PM
by Tracy W. Go to last post
5 195
distorted sound and jumpy windows by treedodger
i have just changed hard drives from windows xp on a 60 gig hard drive to windows vista ultimate on a new hard drive 160 gig, now the old HD had a spin seed of 4800 the new disk spins at 5400 both IDE/ATA would this need a new driver or would this update itself in the system. i had a problem with the prationing but i think i got there in the end it loaded ok i done the microsoft vista...
April 26th 08 07:23 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 106
Distorted System Sounds by Dave
Whenever I change the default systems sounds, those files are distorted when they play. Example, if I change the Empty Recycle Bin sound file from the default, it will be distorted. When I use the default sounds, they are fine. I try playing the files through Windows Media Player manually and they play fine. They are only distorted when they are assigned as a system sound. Music also...
January 26th 09 11:46 PM
by Owen Go to last post
8 179
dividing motherboard by mitchel von dutch
hey you guys, I have got a question i have a new notebook, and want to have both vista and xp because of the compatabilaty (sorry i'm dutch) of vista with a lot of programs. now my problem: how do i make this happen? i don't know how to divide my 200GB or do i have to make another account on my notebook
May 17th 07 01:46 AM
by GreenieLeBrun Go to last post

From The