Low Vista Harddrive Score by colmo
I ran Vista Home Premium Upgrade - no problems doing upgrade. Ran Vista Window Experience and got the following: Processor:4.1 Memory:5.4 Graphics:5.9 Gaming Graphic:4.7
March 1st 07 01:14 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 237
vid card driver by chunky
i upgraded my vid card to a gecube x1600 pro 256mb 128bit and i couldnt install the driver which i searched online. i also tried to go to ati's website and download the driver but after installing then reatart my pc i still see a yellow earning sign in the device manager.. when i choose the browse manually for the drivers and choose the x1600 pro wddm driver it says i have to reboot the pc...
March 1st 07 01:36 PM
by koze Go to last post
1 246
ATI X160o AGP - DVI Issue with Vista Ultimate by rrice
Installed Vista Ultimate, set graphics card to Standard VGA. Monitor connected through DVI to DVI. Installed ATI drivers from 22/02/07. It installs X1600 Series and X1600 Series Secondary. On restart Vista Ultimate crashes. Note : If i connect VGA to VGA and then go into Safe Mode and disable 'X1600 Series Secondary' and restart everthing is fine. Anyone got any ideas whats wrong with the DVI...
March 1st 07 02:59 PM
by rrice Go to last post
0 239
Resolution on Generic PnP Monitor on HP Pavilion DV2023TU Notebook by kendollmelb
Hi all, I've recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium on this 3 month old notebook PC. Since upgrading, the Monitor is constantly showing as Generic PnP Monitor and the Welcome screen seems to be set at something like 800x600 resolution. However, each account's resolution can be set at the correct value of 1280x800 (widescreen). I have downloaded the correct Vista drivers from the Nvidia...
March 1st 07 03:27 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 238
Install SATA drive by PapaJack
I just ordered an XPS 410 with Vista 32-bit and a single SATA hard drive from Dell. I wanted two physical hard drives (not RAID) but was told that they could not install a second drive. The lady told me I could add it myself. (I can't believe Dell has fallen this far!). Anyway, I ordered a Seagate SATA drive and will install it when the system arrives. I have installed IDE drives in the...
March 1st 07 04:00 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
5 294
wintv by Gordon Campbell
Hi All, Anyone managed to get a Wintv Nova-t PCI installed in Vista? I can't seem to get the driver to install. Gordy
March 1st 07 04:13 PM
by Gordon Campbell Go to last post
2 418
SiS AGP to PCI Windows Update and Aero and Headache by therealdeadman
My very quick config: Windows Vista Ultimate HiS ATI X1650 Pro 512 meg 1.5 gig memory Monitor is an older Dell 21" UltraScan P1110 After suffering from the Error 43 thing for several months, the other day (Dec 15), Windows Update lists a "SiS Driver update for ". Of course, I installed it, then reinstalled the newest ATI display drivers, and finally I see Aero working for the first time, for...
March 1st 07 05:23 PM
by DeadMan Go to last post
4 250
Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers by Nightowl4933
I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point! I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone to synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a "New hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a driver, but neither the hardware...
March 1st 07 05:35 PM
by Nightowl4933 Go to last post
5 289
Error Code 43 on Vista by [email protected]
OS: Vista Ultimate x64 GFX: 2x Asus 8800GTX MB: Asus Striker Extreme with BIOS v.1002 Hi my problem is really bugging me. Error: This System was running fine but a few days ago the Gfxcard in the PCIEX16_1 slot stopped loading the driver and in device manager it is yellow with an error code 43. The Gfx in PCIEX16_3 runs fine, I even tried running them individually but the one in PCIEX16_1 always
March 1st 07 06:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 238
How to find out if power supply is compatible with Computer? by GT
I've been looking around the web for a power supply and notice that some of them have versions v1.3, v2.2, v2.0, v2.01, v2.03 and some just don't have any at all. How do i find which version to choose from? I have no information what type, version of power supply since HP support does not know. does the version number on the power supply really matter? v1.1 v2.2, v2.0, v2.01, v2.03. HP...
March 1st 07 07:17 PM
by GTS Go to last post
5 282
Erratic Mouse Behavior with Vista Upgrade by Cancer
I recently moved from XP-Pro to Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and have been running into a frequent and very annoying problem with my mouse (Logitech MX 1000 Laser, direct USB Connection). At random intervals of moving the cursor, it will literally skip to the corners of my screen and hug the edges of the display. I assumed it was a driver issue, and so I updated SetPoint to no avail. My next...
March 1st 07 07:28 PM
by Darren Greenwald Go to last post
2 226
Wifi setup... by GR
I have a Netgear DG834GT and want to setup Vista to recognize the wireless device connected to my network. While I am able to connect my PocketPC to my router using the software within the Netgear setup, I would however like better capability of tuning my connection and password, ssid etc with Vista. When I click on "add a wireless device", nothing appears. Any suggestions? Thanks.
March 1st 07 07:32 PM
by GR Go to last post
0 210
hp by swiftflo
Anyone know what is now going on at HP. There don't appear to be any drivers or advice for drivers for my 7960 printer for Vista now.
March 1st 07 07:53 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
2 952
poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video by noob2vista
i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen my video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue why??
March 1st 07 07:57 PM
by Bill Go to last post
5 281
vista always installing new devices at boot by RaulB
hi, I was just wondering has anybody encountered this problem. Vista Ultimate always installs certain devices at boot time. "PCI to PCI brige", my "Sound Card" and my "ethernet". How come? Even thou they were installed already in the previous boot. I check the drivers and were windows hardware compatible tested. my ethernet is VIA Rhine II, and my sound card is ECTIVA 5.1 Thanks.
March 1st 07 08:38 PM
by RaulB Go to last post
0 227
netopia USB/g wireless card by tpssnonuser
Hey this usb wireless card should been working with vista. Is the g model, the blue one. Does anybody knows where is the driver?
March 1st 07 09:07 PM
by tpssnonuser Go to last post
0 199
Connecting to a printer on a USR MaxG Router by USMCRetd
I have a Dell printer connected to the USB printer port on my US Robotics MaxG Wireless Router. I am trying to connect to it with Vista Home Premium. I have configured the printer port on the router and can connect and print without problems from my XP computers. The network address for the printer is http://192.168.1.199:1631/printers/My_Printer. When I use that address in the Add Printer...
March 1st 07 09:50 PM
by pentium Go to last post
2 232
routers by vishal
hi anybody plz tell me which wireless works with windows vista home premium plz i need the router fast i got project to finish
March 2nd 07 12:05 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 201
Lexmark Printer by Patti Pribyl
I have a Lexmark Z605 printer which does not have a driver that is compatible with Vista. Does anyone have suggestions?
March 2nd 07 12:33 AM
by BobS Go to last post
1 211
SpeedBoost and USB Memory Sticks by NuT CrAcKeR
Well, I have read this can be a decent performance booster, but that not all devices are supported. Has anyone done any performance testing with compatable devices to see what has the highest sustained I/O? Thanks in advance, - NuTs
March 2nd 07 02:02 AM
by NuT CrAcKeR Go to last post

From The