Realtek® High Definition Audio Device Driver on Sony VGN-FS660 by hazz
System Hardware Devices through Control Panel shows that Realtek® High Definition Audio Device Driver - is working properly. When I look at properties for the driver I can see the volume indicator going up and down...as if the sound is really working...but no sound comes out of the speaker or through the headset. When I had the beta version of Vista, sound worked but wireless access didn't...
March 7th 07 03:29 PM
by ionixuk Go to last post
2 283
Radeon X1300 and X1050 also uses Hypermemory technology? by GT
Ati or all Radeon X1300 and X1050 also uses hypermemory technology?
March 7th 07 04:29 PM
by GT Go to last post
0 218
Virtual drives cause Windows to crash by Hssarth
Before I start, let me note that anything noted below is marked as vista-compatible, and were installed through the most recent versions. For some reason, upon installing a virtual drive such as a litteral network drive (Ximeta NDAS), or a virtual DVD drive (Alcohol 120%), Windows seems to get confused. The first thing that goes wrong is that My Computer or Drive Management will load and...
March 7th 07 04:35 PM
by Hssarth Go to last post
2 218
Ati And vista upgrade by linmill
First and foremost, it is recommended that you have a clean install of vista, and not an upgrade,as Microsoft states there will be issues. Is this true? is this why I'm having problems with my X1650 Pro (agp) because I have an upgraded version? i did a clean install when it asked me what i wanted. Thanks linmill
March 7th 07 04:46 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 221
Ultima T14A ATSC Digital TV by Master Thrasher
Windows Vista confuses my Ultima TV tuner with another tuner from Hauppage. I have the drivers installed for the tuner (which are Vista certified) and either Windows doesn't reognize the tuner or the tuner is broken. I keep uninstalling and installing the drivers but it isn't working. Please help.
March 7th 07 04:58 PM
by Master Thrasher Go to last post
0 218
Vista Ultimate + nForce 4 = Unacceptable Audio by Newbie
I'm running a DFI LanParty NF4 SLI DR motherboard and make use of the onboard audio provided by the NVIDIA nForce 4 chipset. I've installed every build of Vista that I could get my hands on over the last couple of months. Unfortunately they all gave me the same issue. The sound quality degrades significantly with a crackling distortion. I can't pinpoint what triggers the problem since it's...
March 7th 07 05:31 PM
by pl Go to last post
4 236
DVD and CD not recognised by ionixuk
I had a similar issue - I had two Sony Drives on the same cable and one would work, then the other, then they would have a dance and leave the room. Might I suggest you try checking that the physical jumper on the DVD drive is set to Master, and the CD-ROM to slave - my new motherboard / vista / somebody seems to be a lot fussier about that than XP did - and if that doesn't work, try...
March 7th 07 06:06 PM
by ionixuk Go to last post
0 213
Missing drivers for Acer 9300 laptop by Dennis Snelgrove
I recently bought an Acer 9300 Aspire laptop that came pre-installed with Vista Home Basic. I had the store install 2 gigs of memory and I also bought a copy of Premium at the same time. A few days later I did a complete format and clean install of Premium. I've had no real problems to speak of, with one exception: there are two items in the Device Manager that have no drivers and Vista can't...
March 7th 07 07:13 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 220
Building PC for Church by JonMallard
Hey guys i just built my own PC at home and im running Vista Home Premium on my PC. our church just got a Benq projector for running music slideshows and such. I was asked if I would build a computer for the church. so i did and im kind of confused about which version of windows i should run. I am just wondering what version of vista has support for a Digital Projector? Thanks Jonathan...
March 7th 07 07:41 PM
by Mark Bottemiller Go to last post
5 236
Can,t sync work my p505 with sync center by Ray cox
i can look up files but unable to sync The phone pocket / pc is seen but still doe not sync using outlook 2002
March 7th 07 08:19 PM
by Ray cox Go to last post
0 213
Wireless Optical Mouse (Blue) by Stagletto
Seems as though MS havent made any drivers for this lovely little bit of kit. Works fine on XP (and there are still XP drivers, Intellipoint 5.5 being the latest, which of course refuse to install in Vista) but cant map the middle mouse button to double click without the software. Unhelpfully Vista's problem solver (great idea, i like it) directs me to download Intellipoint 6.1 which......
March 7th 07 08:55 PM
by Stagletto Go to last post
0 152
Shared IRQs by Troy Marrs
Straight out of the box my hp a1710n has shared irq's. I know in previous versions of windows this was not a good thing. Should I change these?
March 7th 07 09:49 PM
by BSchnur Go to last post
4 144
old pc by randalel
my brother's company gave him an old hewlett-packard pc atleast ten yrs old what can he do with it,besides trashing it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 07 11:34 PM
by Don Go to last post
11 323
ok....I posted this mesage in general disscussion and it got delet by Master Jedi
So I will ask here. Does the Retail version of Windows VISTA Home PRemium come with IR reciever and Wireless remote for Windows M edia Center part of VISTA Home Premium? I dont know why this got deleted pblly because of the way i say retail....i meant in terms of not buying the OEM version....sorry if my post was deleted because it was somehow related to piracy which it wasnt.
March 8th 07 01:56 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 115
ATI 1650 BSOD by Bill Leary
I've just installed an ATI 1650 AGP w/512MB memory under Vista Ultimate with ATI's 7.2 drivers. Whenever the system tries to do anything full screen (play a DVD, start Media Center) it goes Blue screen. The display isn't up long enough to read properly. About the only thing I've really caught is that it involves atikmdag.sys. I saw a message thread elsewhere which said it was necessary to...
March 8th 07 02:26 AM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
0 117
Bluetooth in Vista by Or Tsemah
I've already posted it, but got no response Vista BT Software doesn't help me much and Toshiba's BT Stack is great, but only for 30 days Is there another (Not Widecomm) or is there a way to make the toshiba not for 30 days ? -- Or Tsemah YSIDE
March 8th 07 09:35 AM
by Or Tsemah Go to last post
2 167
Windows Mobile Device Center Does not work with OneNote Mobile by EricV
Hi, OneNote 2007 supports automatic installation of OneNote Mobile on Windows Mobile if you have ActiveSyn 4.2. Well, this procedure does not work on the Vista laptop. Vista and ActiveSync are mutually exclusive. Instead on Vista you need Windows Mobile Device Center. I Have setup my IPAQ 6915 and my laptop as paired devices. And Bluetooth sending of files works fine vice versa. However they...
March 8th 07 10:33 AM
by EricV Go to last post
1 132
Monitor Problems With Recent Vista Install by flazz
This past weekend i reformated my harddrive and installed windows vista home prem. the problem that iam getting is when restarting and turning on my monitor does not turn on when windows starts up. i can hear the hard drives and dvd-roms goin and doing there thing but nothing comes up on the monitor. once i turn it off by holding down the power button and usually on the 2nd try of turning...
March 8th 07 12:22 PM
by loaderopp Go to last post
7 217
Display Drivers by Larsontheking
I upgraded my Dell pc from Windows XP, and it worked ok except for the display drivers. It is set to run at 600/480 in 16 bit color medium, no option to change either the size or the colr ro 32 bit. I have an intel chipset 845 seris. any ideas any one
March 8th 07 01:09 PM
by dev Go to last post
1 135
Replacing CPU by Clayton
Can someone recommend the best compound to apply when replacing a CPU to heatsink? Thanks
March 8th 07 02:09 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post

From The