Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition and CPU upgrade by Bruce Merkin
Hi - I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition on a relatively new system with a Intel Core2 6600 CPU chip. I am upgrading to the Core2 Extreme Quad-Core Processor QX6700 chip. Is there any reason for me to re-install Windows after I do the upgrade, or should everything work just the same as before? Any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated.
March 21st 07 09:44 AM
by I.P. Nichols Go to last post
5 139
Hibernation only works once per restart cycle by intclass
I hibernate my PC and it wakes up with no issues, yet if I hybernate again it won't even go to sleep (it freezes up and I must manually turn it off and then on again). This cycle repeats forever, one hibernate and then a restart is required. Any ideas on what this could be?
March 21st 07 09:54 AM
by intclass Go to last post
0 127
TV by sean
OK I did a clean install of Vista Premium. So then it tells me to upgrade my Catalyst Control Center. So I did to the latest version. Great. im able to use the Areo Glass or whatever they it call it. It looks beatiful. But when i bought my All in wonder the cd installed the drivers AND the MMC YOU KNOW with the tv tuner which was the main reason I bought that card in the first place! Can...
March 21st 07 04:10 PM
by sean Go to last post
2 395
Partition shrink: defrag + powercfg off = not working by gunzo99
Hello, I have a toshiba laptop with vista. I did a first shrink on C: with good results. But now, like others, I cant go further down. I downloaded PerectDisk 8 and did several defrag (after reboot), removed temp files, used with admin level the powercfg -h off command, my pagefile.sys is about 16Mb (small than if turned off!). All this and still impossible to shrink a 79Gb partition...
March 21st 07 07:15 PM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
1 120
Wireless button flashing - wifi only working intermittently (HP Pavilion zv5000) by [email protected]
I've upgraded my HP Pavilion zv5000 to Windows Vista, although HP doesn't support Vista on this laptop. After I upgraded the display adapter manually (using the Omega drivers) things were running smoothly - until I wanted to use the wifi capabilities. The button normally used for switching wifi on and off doesn't work and the light (on the actual button) that indicates whether wifi is on or off...
March 21st 07 07:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 103
Maximum rams that 32bit Win Vista can support by Andy Williams
I just got my new PC 2 days ago. I get to know that the Windows Vista Home Premium that I purchased is a 32 bit edition. I have a question that is what is the maximum ram can my Win vista support at 32bit. I heard from my colleague that its max at 2 GB ram, it that true?
March 21st 07 08:28 PM
by Andy Williams Go to last post
3 111
Outlook by Rosanna@MASW
I have an odd thing happening with my Outlook (we use 2003). After the upgrade to Vista Business, parts of the folder names (down the left side) are now cut off. They are not in a straight line, but cut off in a jagged manner down the entire length of the panel. I have considered reinstalling the outlook, but thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem and see if there is another...
March 21st 07 09:20 PM
by Mary Go to last post
1 150
ATi: blank screen after boot before login by cenit
Both releases of official ATi Catalyst for Vista (7.1 & 7.2) suffer from a bug that seems not visible in Vista's built-in driver for my mobility radeon 9700 128MB on my Acer Travelmate 8005LMi (official specs with 1GB RAM upgrade). The problem is that with Catalyst installed, after boot, before asking my account password (when the pearl logo comes up with the music in background) the screen...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 07 10:23 PM
by cenit Go to last post
11 210
HP Pavillion DV5245ea by Kim S
Anybody that have Vista installed on a HP Pavillion DV5245ea notebook ? It's bought as "Vista-ready", but some drivers are not available. Have tried to install Vista Ultimate 32bit, but I have a "Mass-controller", "Unknown device" and the soundcard marked as not functional in devicemanager. Have contacted HP in Denmark, but they couldn't help me.... Regards, Kim
March 22nd 07 07:39 AM
by Kim S Go to last post
2 168
vista will not override onboard gfx accel and recognize video card by nweissma
32-bit vista home premium, intel DG965RY motherboard with intel onboard graphics media accelerator x3000 . seated - correctly, it seems to me -- evga 7600 GT e-GeForce 256mb pci-e. i cannot force vista to override the onboard and recognize the video card. i tried to disable the onboard via the "devices" menu; it apparently had no effect. i was told to accomplish the disabling via BIOS, and...
March 22nd 07 11:03 AM
by loaderopp Go to last post
5 126
SRAM and PCMCIA Flash Drivers by p156a
To all the genii out there! I have a customer (surveyor) who has this old measuring equipment (worth $50,000) that uses SRAM to record surveying measurements. The data is then transferred back to a CAD program via the SRAM card that is pleaced into a PCMCIA slot. This all work fine under Windos 95,98,ME,2000 and XP, however, it does not work under Vista as Vista does not seem to have drivers...
March 22nd 07 12:50 PM
by Nephilim Go to last post
2 112
5.1 Soundcard Vista Ultimate x64 by Pete
I had a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Card which I had to throw due to unsupported drivers. I have a new motherboard now. Asus M2A-MVP saying it fully supports Vista. I have the latest 64bit drivers installed for the High Definition Audio Device from Realtek and I'm having problems with my rear speakers. Tests on the RealTek software produce sound to all speakers correctly, but using the...
March 22nd 07 01:55 PM
by George Go to last post
1 125
Windows Mobile 5 won't Connect to Vista. by Axmainian
Hey. I'm sitting here, with my main Vista Ultimate Desktop, and a Windows XP professional Laptop. When plugging in my Windows Mobile 5 device through the USB port on the laptop, It dings, connects and is all happy and working. When I do the same and plug my device into Vista, with Windows Mobile Device Center Installed, It dings, a New local area network pops up in network connections, the...
March 22nd 07 04:49 PM
by Axmainian Go to last post
3 121
Aero will not function by news.bell.newshosting.com
Anyone have any luck finding a 3D driver for on board Intel 915GM/GMS/910GML Or any other suggestions? Gerry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 07 05:18 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 205
Problem with graphics accelerator by PEPO
Hi again, I 've a graphic accelerator, Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200, The Problem is that I can't install the software!, I want to concect my pc to tv, and I can't because I don't ve the software!, please help me is very important for me!, I have surfing on internet and I find the Nvidia's page, but there haven't the driver!
March 22nd 07 05:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
6 149
Vista - Wireless network connection by John
I have a new HP notebook with a Wireless network adapter, and Windows home Premium installed. After a couple days of reasonable operation, suddenly the wireless adapter is no longer connecting. The WEP setting is the same, as is the ip setting, gateway, etc. I would say it has something to do with the WEP setting since it will connect with other access points that are unsecured. Does...
March 22nd 07 05:48 PM
by countryhouse Go to last post
2 115
ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) by MeatWar
Hello all, can some give some tips on, why doesn't this driver display my standard resolution of 1280*800 in a HP/Compaq nx7010 15.4" LCD in the above card (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C66&SUBSYS_08600E11&REV_01). It seems that only has the resolutions of a standard CRT. I not familiar with driver devolopment but im willing to try the task because i have 2 notebooks of mine with an M9(4C66) and...
March 22nd 07 07:33 PM
by Chris Heald Go to last post
1 110
SATA drives operating in UDMA 2 mode only by Sebastian Weitzel
Hi all, device manager and Intel Desktop Utilities report that the drives connected to my intel D975XBX ICH7 SATA ports operate only in UDMA-2 mode (33MiB/s). How can I increase them to use the optimal UDMA-6? Hardwa
March 22nd 07 08:18 PM
by Sebastian Weitzel Go to last post
0 97
Is my graphics card capable? by gng007
I just bought a new pc running on Vista Home Premium and these are the specs: 2 GB RAM AMD Athlon Dual-Core processor 128 MB graphics card dedicated memory When running Media Center my display jumps around and the audio lags. This happens even when I am just in the menu of Media Center. Are my specs capable to run Media Center? Why would I experience lag? Oh, I think the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 07 08:59 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
10 192
Web page viewing question by Peptic_Sheriff
I have purchased a new computer with Vista installed I like the look of the program, so far as I just turned in on yesterday. When I view a web site the font that is displayed is not the same as the font the web site used for the home page title. It appears to be larger because the words have wrapped around to a new line. When I view this website with WinXP all is fine. Other websites I have...
March 22nd 07 09:58 PM
by Peptic_Sheriff Go to last post

From The