  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
USB Hard Drive by pete
I have a Western Digital external USB hard drive. It works fine in Windows XP, and even works fine on another Vista machine (with completely different hardware). However, when I connect it to my Vista RC1 machine, I get the following error in a bubble in the bottom right corner: USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does...
October 21st 07 07:14 PM
by Ope Go to last post
4 98
Blue screen by Meddelin
Hi alll. Hope that someone can help me.... For long time my computer restarted nomatter what i did..Surfing the internet, wordpad,watching a movie and so on...I made a windows repair, changed the ram to new ones, and now it is restarting, but in a blue screen with the text: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050(0XFF0FFFF8, 0X00000000, 0x8054AF32, 0X00000000 I really hope someone can help me..
November 2nd 07 04:28 PM
by geezer10[_22_] Go to last post
3 98
Disks spinning down and then up and then down..... by Steve Campbell
Here's a thing: I have fairly high performning PC running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I have 3 internal hard drives (system, data & system backup) with a 4th, effectively internal, e-SATA drive as data backup. My computer power settings are set to Performance and the disks are not supposed to spin down for 20 minutes, except...... that they do do constantly.
November 6th 07 10:00 PM
by Steve Campbell Go to last post
0 98
Vista with CRT monitor and garbled graphics by RuneH
Hi, I have an annoying problem in Windows Vista when using a CRT monitor. When I start a game in full screen like Team Fortress 2 or often just by accessing something that triggers the UAP screen to confirm running as administrator the picture on my monitor goes complete garbled - See http://swootech.dk/VistaGfx/Vista%20Graphics%20Problem%20003%20-%20Small.jpg (I enabled the monitor OSD...
November 10th 07 09:42 PM
by RuneH Go to last post
0 98
same issue by [email protected]
I'm getting the same issue now. Did you manage to resolve it? I'm slowing getting more fed up with restarting the computer every time! :(
November 16th 07 09:52 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 98
digital copy protection error msg by Corky
Fresh Vista Premium install. Brand new components. WMP 11 throws this error"....digital copy protection......" when I try to play a DVD. Based on the rest of the message, I updated the DVD's firmware and the video cards drivers. DVD plays in other computers (XP/WMP 11) and my TV's BOSE player, so it's Vista's fault. Will this be fixed? In another post I found this link:...
December 1st 07 08:14 PM
by Corky Go to last post
0 98
DVD burns but won't read by Jeff
New behaviour here. I have a DVD durner and DVD drive. Burner will burn fine but will not read its own DVD - Window popup "Prepare this blank disk". Disk reads fine in DVD ROM drive. DVD burner works both read/write under XP (Dual boot) system.
December 9th 07 06:47 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 98
Blue screen at shutdown by quad
I am new to vista, I am getting the blue screen anytime my computer attempts to shutdown or restart. Here is the only error I found: Compatibility issue between NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management and Windows Vista. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this. I dont know what the NVIDIA is. Thanks.
December 12th 07 12:23 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 98
Keyboard changes when Bluetooth desktop installed by Roy Millington
I have a new Dell D630 laptop running Vista Ultimate. When I installed my Wireless Optical Desktop for Blue tooth some of Fn keys eiher do not do anything or things they are not supposed to do. Any suggestion please.
December 17th 07 01:48 PM
by Roy Millington Go to last post
0 98
driver for Seagate external drive? by Mike F from TN
Will a SEAGATE 80 GB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USB/2.0 7200 RPM 2MB require a driver to run in Vista Business? If so, do you have a link to one?
October 25th 07 03:45 AM
by Mike F from TN Go to last post
5 98
Vista slow to read SD card in reader. by Michael Chare
I have a Sweex USB card reader attached to my Vista PC. I have had no problems with XD cards, but when I put a (1GB) SD card in the reader windows explorer takes al long time to read the card. Ubuntu is much quicker, so the problem appears to be and issue with the combination of Sweex and Vista. Does anyone know of any fixes for this problem? (apart from buying the later version of the...
October 13th 07 10:28 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
0 98
LG-8500 (Chocolate) Device Connection Error by TRONEY
I loaded the Vista compliant device drivers for the LG-8500 cell phone and phone connected to USB port. Says device drivers installed correctly and it appears to connect, but when I start sync process with V Cast Music Manager, I get error box saying device un-plugged, new error box comes up and says "windows needs to install driver", and then gives an error that "driver not installed...
August 9th 07 03:26 AM
by TRONEY Go to last post
0 98
Acer LCD Monitor & Vista Busines newly installed by Richard15
I installed Vista Business... When I turn on computer a Acer alert box comes up stating "Input not supported". After a few seconds, Microsoft's motion icon comes on and after about ten minutes Windows Vista starts up. In system devices only "generic monitor" is listed. Help Please! -- RICHARD
August 17th 07 10:22 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 98
Dial up modem with Vista by bugsy54729
Am helping a friend setup an Agere systems PCI-SV92PP soft modem attached to COM3. The modem worked fine with XP. Now getting a "No dialtone" message when trying to connect. Any suggestions? -- bugsy54729
August 23rd 07 12:02 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 98
HP 8450 printer & Vista by paula
There are no Vista drivers for my HP 8450 printer. Has anyone successfully installed the XP drivers for this model? TIA Paula
September 18th 07 01:10 PM
by K111 Go to last post
2 98
Reinstalling TV Tuner Card After Every Restart by Dylan Harrelson
Setup: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Asus Crosshair (2) XFX 8800GS Hauppage HVR-1600 I've recently been having complications with my tuner card with MCE (green screen, choppy video) I finally solved the issue by installing the latest versions of DirectX 10 & Nvidia Drivers (Sept. 18).
September 20th 07 08:02 AM
by Dylan Harrelson Go to last post
0 98
What Happens Monitor Disabling from Device manager by anchipaka
Hello, can anybody tell me what is done by Windows XP/Vista OS(Operating System) after disabling monitor from Device Manager. E.g I have connected two monitors in clone/dual mode. Then Goto Device Manager--Monitors- and select one monitor from list disable it. what OS will do after disabling? Does OS generates any message? If to so please inform me? thanks inadvance.
September 21st 07 05:04 AM
by anchipaka Go to last post
0 98
Bluetooth and Vista by [email protected]
Hmm-somehow my original message disappeared. I just got a new BlueParrot B200 VXI headset and B200 USB Cord adapter. XP recognizes the unit with no problem. Vista (where I normally work) adds VXI TalkPro USB to the list of audio/video devices in Device Manager but the device fails to start. The details tab says: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
September 21st 07 02:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 98
symptom documents stuck in printer que by Seth
When I try to get to any function that might address this problem I am met with the message "can not perform that function at this time" I have tried the "run" route and trying to delete the printer and reinstall I even dug out the disk and tried to "uninstall" off that and get the same message. I have looked up users and I am listed as the administrator. Any ideas?? if I am in the wrong...
October 2nd 07 07:41 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
1 98
Speakers on Monitor by Unabletowhistle
My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor, don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for this purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still work on the computer. Any ideas what to do?
December 23rd 07 01:48 AM
by Unabletowhistle Go to last post

From The