No Sound; hardware & drivers appear okay by Nevet
Hello Vista Hardware Gurus, I recently reinstalled Vista Home Premium over an existing installation to fix some networking problems. The network is now working, but I lost all audio. Speakers are correctly connected and turned on (and I tried another set of speakers just in case). Device Manager reports no problem (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC is the only item under Sound, video...
August 23rd 08 01:33 AM
by DDW[_2_] Go to last post
7 192
Vista Backup won't recognize external WD hard drive by Nevet
Greetings Vista gurus, I just bought a new Western Digital "Passport" external (USB) portable hard drive. The drive is working fine, I can see it in Windows Explorer and manually copy files to & from it. But when I try to use Windows Backup (from Vista's Backup & Restore Center), I immediately get an error message that the backup target drive failed: "The backup disk has a corrupted file...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 25th 09 06:02 AM
by winuser Go to last post
14 356
Camera Problems by Neville[_2_]
Hi, I connected my Kyocerra Finecam M410R and Vista appeared to load the drivers ok, but the camera does not appear in the Scanners and Camera's list, and also does not appear in the my computer window. However it appears under device manager and I can safety disconnect the device, but I cant access the files. I have taken the card out of the camera and I am able to read it in a card...
October 7th 07 11:44 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 106
new lg w2600h by new lg w2600h
ok i just bought this new monitor its a new lg w2600h 26" beast . its resulotion is 1920 x 1200 . now in the booklet it came with . it says if it isnt set to the rite resulotion . that the toolbar and the windows will look all chopped up and unfinnished . but i have it set on what lg says to put it on . and it will work good for a bit . but then by the next morning it will messup again ....
May 16th 08 03:55 AM
by propman Go to last post
3 159
Default Connection by New Orleans Novice[_2_]
Default Connection Using Vista home on a new HP PC. After connecting to DSL broadband it works fine. Using a wireless router. 2 HP PC's are using a wireless USB adapter. But when both PC's are turned off, then restarted after a lightening storm, they both load up to a default DIAL Up connection. It there a way to make the Always on DSL broadband connection load up at startup ?
August 9th 07 03:54 PM
by New Orleans Novice[_2_] Go to last post
2 101
2 External USB HD for XP and ME by New Orleans Novice[_3_]
Hi, I have 2 PC's. 1 with XP with an External USB HD. The 2nd PC has Win ME. Is there such a thing as an External USB HD that will work with Win ME? Where, when and how can I purchase it and install it? Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
May 28th 08 11:39 PM
by Norman[_4_] Go to last post
3 192
windows vista sound crash !!! by new york
microsoft is not helping nothing in vista !! a stop:0x00000124 crash to a blue screen after clean install of windows vista . crash when trying to play video sample thats came w vista . the hight df driver crashing the computer . re install realtk R156 drivers for vista 32 b ultimate then a crash ! why canot resolve this ?
March 24th 07 05:46 PM
by FKlassen Go to last post
2 115
DEAR MR BILL G MICROSOFT CO. by new york
Windows vista is not A $50 OR $100 OR $150 OPERATING SYS , ITS IN THE $250 RANGE AND U CAN GIVE TECH S TO OEM V OF VISTA ? All over the world pepole installing VISTA and it crashing up becouse of the drivers thats windows install ! NO ONE TESTED BEFOR RELESING VISTA OUT ? WHY SO MANY PROBLEMS W COMPABILITY ? BUT MICROSOFT PUTS THE BLAME ON INTEL, GIGABYTE,REALTK,SOUND BLASTER,DELL,ATI,AND...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 16th 07 09:37 PM
by Garrett Go to last post
27 603
vista sound driver crash ! no help from microsoft ! by new york
microsoft is not helping nothing in vista !! a stop:0x00000124 crash to a blue screen after clean install of windows vista . crash when trying to play video sample thats came w vista . the hight df driver crashing the computer . re install realtk R156 drivers for vista 32 b ultimate then a crash ! why canot resolve this ? SHAME ON COMPANY LIKE MICROSOFT ALL THY WANT IS
February 10th 07 12:18 PM
by DCELL Go to last post
4 487
Software not recognized anymore! by newbe
I am trying to open up Saunders QA Review for NCLEX and it was working just fine previously. Now I get the error message ACCESS DENIED. It also asks for me to pop in my CD-ROM to start it, but it doesn not recognize it. I looked in my solutions folder and found I needed to update my adobe flash player...this didn't work. I am also getting an error message about class registation or...
October 29th 07 09:31 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 131
Vista Ultimate + nForce 4 = Unacceptable Audio by Newbie
I'm running a DFI LanParty NF4 SLI DR motherboard and make use of the onboard audio provided by the NVIDIA nForce 4 chipset. I've installed every build of Vista that I could get my hands on over the last couple of months. Unfortunately they all gave me the same issue. The sound quality degrades significantly with a crackling distortion. I can't pinpoint what triggers the problem since it's...
March 7th 07 05:31 PM
by pl Go to last post
4 236
Interference Noise by Newbie
Hi there, I recently installed a ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card in my machine running Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm running the latest version drivers from the ATI website. There is a noise (sounds like interference) that seems to originate from the graphics card when I do cetain things like:
July 21st 07 12:57 AM
by RipCity Go to last post
4 109
RAM question by Newbie to Computes
This might sound like a stupid question.... i have a AMD athlon 64 3500 - currently with 1 x 512mb ram... I have only today bought 2 new 512 sticks to put in the system also... but i've read that you can't use only 3 slots in a system that has 4... is that correct??? Will the memory fun at dual channel speeeds for two of the modules and single for the other or will it run all three of them...
March 20th 07 01:51 PM
by Conor Go to last post
2 109
Dual Monitors but screen flickers or blurbs by newby
I have an asuslaptop A7 series with an add'l monitor Iiyama Prolite. My rpoblem is that the attached monitor flickers and now it appears that the laptop monitor flickers or sreed waves now & again. i have tried to install the driver for the attached monitor but XP does not seem to accept it. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card with an ATI Catalyst software but i just can't seem to...
February 19th 07 12:50 PM
by newby Go to last post
0 148
APPCRASH by newfie53
Good Morning is there any help for my problem? when i try to print a document from MS word I get this message Winword.exe has stopped working. In problem solution it tells me to check online for a solution later and close program. When I check Problem Details: Problem signature
January 4th 08 10:46 AM
by newfie53 Go to last post
0 142
display resizes after sleep by Newkirk
when my computer returns from sleep the display settings are changed and the screen does not fully fit the monitor. I can go change it at display settings but its a hassle everytime.
August 29th 07 05:02 AM
by Simple Solution that Works Go to last post
8 143
Fingerprint Reader by Newms
I have version 2.0.0 of ms fingerprint reader. Is there a way to print a copy of your passwords that are stored on the Fingerprint Reader? I would like to have a backup if needed. -- Thank You
January 1st 08 08:02 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
5 154
Shared Printer XP to Vista by newpath
I am running Vista Enterprise in a small workgroup along with XP machines. Everything works great with file sharing both ways. However, I cannot install the LaserJet 1320 shared on the XP machine on my Vista machine. I go to Printers in Control Panel and click on Add Printer. I then click Add a network ... printer and Vista finds the printer on the XP machine. I click Next and after a...
March 8th 07 06:32 PM
by chuckmva Go to last post
1 174
Aero will not function by news.bell.newshosting.com
Anyone have any luck finding a 3D driver for on board Intel 915GM/GMS/910GML Or any other suggestions? Gerry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 07 05:18 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 205
motorola sm56 installation by Newsmedia
I have installed the above modem on a Windows Vista system. System reports modem is functioning normally but when I use diagnostics to query the modem I get the message modem "failed to respond" .... "verift that the interrupt for the port is properly set" Can anyone help me through this?
July 11th 08 07:01 PM
by Newsmedia Go to last post

From The