  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Can not read DVD/CD in Windows Explorer - OK in Command Window by Helge Arnljot
My CD/DVD s in the Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A refuses to refresh in Windows Explorer. Listing the drive in Command Window works perfect. If the CD/DVD is in the drive when booting it comes up in Windows Explorer as well. I have been searching the net for a fix, but so far .. no luck.. Can anyone give me a pointer to find a fix? OR as a temp fix - a way to force a refresh of the Windows Explorer...
January 12th 08 07:10 AM
by PCAssistNW Go to last post
1 126
Microsoft Fingerprint Reader by C.B.[_4_]
Does anyone know anything about Microsoft's fingerprint reader and how to get it to work in Vista? The reader is Vista compatible and has the latest software. I have spent several hours on the phone with Microsoft support and they cannot seem to get it to work. I have added exclusions for it in my NOD32 AV and I use the embedded Windows firewall. I disabled my AVG AntiSpy and Windows...
February 23rd 08 02:45 AM
by C.B.[_4_] Go to last post
0 126
Power management of external harddrive by Pete[_7_]
I am thinking about buying an external harddrive. I would like to leave the harddrive on all the time. Here are the questions I have. 1. Is it O.K. to leave the external harddrive on all the time? 2. How to do power management of the external harddrive? I don't see a way to specify the idle time to turn the harddrive off in Vista power management control. 3. Will the harddrive turn it off...
February 27th 08 09:50 PM
by Dave[_15_] Go to last post
3 126
Disabling MTP support at least for some USB devices by Saiko Kila
Hi How to disable MTP support in Vista Business? At least for selected devices. I have some USB devices which support both MTP and MSC, but have no option to change the protocol - they default to MSC under XP, and to MTP under Vista. It hinders their functionality severely, or simply put makes them unusable. For example it's impossible to make any changes to files without copying them to hard...
February 28th 08 02:15 AM
by Saiko Kila Go to last post
0 126
windows optical mouse 5000 by alanrr
Hello, I have a windows optical mouse 5000. I installed the batteries in the mouse and it shows a red light, but the curser did not move. Can someone tell me the process to start and end of the mouse operation? Thank you, alanrr
March 3rd 08 05:36 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 126
Virtual Port Set-up by Don56
How do I set up virtual ports in Vista? This is to allow Bluetooth devices to communicate with my laptop. I can find nothing in the Vista Help to clarify this.
March 15th 08 09:05 PM
by Don56 Go to last post
0 126
Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login by JustJoshin
Hey, I'm running Vista Business on a new work PC. I've had a few of the standard bugs that I've been able to fix with a few patches and memory swaps but there's one that I can't seem to get rid of. Everytime (without fail) I turn on my PC and I come to the login screen where I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Del the Mouse and Keyboard are inactive.
April 27th 08 11:17 PM
by JustJoshin Go to last post
3 126
MS Keyboard issues by Tim
Hi there, We have a MS Wireless Multimedia KB with version 6.2 Pro software I can get all the top buttons to work except the Volume buttons, oddly some times at start up only the volume button works all the other keys won't but this happens rarely. If I disable the HID service and then reboot and restart it I can get it to
April 29th 08 05:11 PM
by Tim Go to last post
0 126
bleeping PC by redline
My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying and I have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core Intel 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care. I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to be checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when it has only happened on ...
May 6th 08 03:47 PM
by Brink Go to last post
5 126
USB and my Blackberry by davidlory
When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed." When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working properly". SO, I just don't know what the...
February 7th 08 02:03 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 126
Microsoft Remote Keyboard (Infrared) on Vista by Andy_uk
Hello, I recently purchased a new Media Centre PC along with the Microsoft Remote keyboard. Having set up the PC however I cannot get it to recognise the keyboard. The PC came with a remote control which does work so I know the Infrared receiver is functioning, and as far as I can see the Keyboard is also functioning (small red LED flashes whenever I press buttons on it). So I don't know...
February 6th 08 02:03 PM
by Andy_uk Go to last post
0 126
Flash Drive Not Getting Sensed By Vista by Uh_Oh
I have a flash drive by verbatim and it has previously worked on my Windows XP computer and it says that it is also able to be used on Vista but when I plug the device into my USB port it doesn't show up in my computer but it says in the bottom right the safely remove symbol. I don't know what to do any help is greatly appreciated.
December 29th 07 03:04 PM
by Doc[_3_] Go to last post
2 126
Logitech V320 Mouse by John
I have an Acer Notebook Extensa 4620 with Win Vista. I have been unable to install the drivers for a microsoft cordless mouse and now Logitech V329 cordless mouse.All of my USB ports work.I have a touch pad. I have blocked my Spy sweeper and Trend Micro Antivirus. Do you think the touch pad is having a conflict with the installation of the drivers? If so , what do I do? -- John N
December 31st 07 07:54 PM
by John Go to last post
2 126
Officejet 6110 update won't install in Vista by Aaron
I am running Vista 32-bit. I have an HP Officejet 6110xi. When I run Windows update, there is an update for Officejet 6100. However, this update never installs properly. Is there another way to download this update and try to install it manually or a way to get Windows Update to properly install this update? Thanks.
January 4th 08 11:01 PM
by Aaron Go to last post
0 126
AutoPlay by Kevin Arthur[_2_]
Hi, When I insert a new device (a flash drive, SD card, CD/DVD, etc.), Windows detects and installs the device, but doesn't display any AutoPlay window. I've checked the AutoPlay settings in the Control Panel, but AutoPlay is enabled and everything is set to the default. I tried setting a couple to specific actions, but still, nothing happened when I inserted the device. Any ideas? --...
January 20th 08 04:12 AM
by Kevin Arthur[_2_] Go to last post
0 126
Installing Correct Video Drivers Disables 3D Functions by GavinC
I've tried two different graphics card, bot of which to be Vista Compatible. One was a ATI Radeon X1950XTX AGP Card, then second is a Radeon X2600 HD AGP Card, the latter being a DirectX 10 Card. Both cards worked ok when using the standard Vista drivers, however gaming performance was terrible. Updating either card to the latest Vista drivers resulted in the loss of all 3d functionality. I...
February 9th 08 04:19 PM
by kamangir Go to last post
3 126
Driver for Hoya irWave IR 520 UK could not find for Win Vista by Igor[_3_]
Please help to find drivers for Hoya USB - IR adapter model irWave IR 520 UK. Thanks in advance.
January 27th 08 09:51 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 126
trouble with my mic by YAMANFAKHRY
My laptop does not respond with the mic and i cannot use it for the talk chatting
February 1st 08 02:11 AM
by YAMANFAKHRY Go to last post
0 126
card reader doesn't read by Rebel[_2_]
I have an installed card reader that doesn't read any cards. (My computers recognizes that I have a card reader and names each one a drive. letter) As soon as I put a sd card in or xd, the drives go away. Very strange. Nothing on the Acer web site mentions anything about the card reader for my system. It is a very poor web site and very poor documentation that came with the computer. Any...
February 2nd 08 01:43 PM
by Rebel[_2_] Go to last post
0 126
Applications shut down when print command given by Larryjn
I am connected to a Sharp MX-2700N through my network. Vista allows me to add the printer to my list of available printers but when I try to print anything the application shuts down. Has anyone come across this and solved it?
May 21st 08 05:42 AM
by ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS Go to last post

From The