  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Tried to run SP1 and now I only get an error by Gnee
I was having problems with my PC so I tried running the service pack 1. Now when I boot up in anything other than safe mode I get the following error: 0Cx0000022 - access denied A process has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights. When I click ok it just logs off. Also in the lower right corner it says "This copy of windows is not genuine.
November 9th 08 10:36 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 333
Tripplite Power Alert and Vista by Bob
I'm using the Tripplite Power Alert software with my UPS and was wondering if anyone has tried to use it with Vista. There's nothing on their site about it and I've emailed them also. Thanks, Bob
April 26th 08 06:06 PM
by lippeonix Go to last post
2 195
Trojan Found by Deno
My Defender found a trojan virus, and if i remove it, will it get rid of it?
July 13th 08 09:48 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 211
troubelshooting by Slavica Mitrova
I have vista starter and i have a problem with the bluetooth device, when i have installed the driver that came with the bluetooth USB adaptor ( WINCOMM 5.0.1.801) my computer froze, i had to restart , and when i once again tried to conect the bluetooth device happened the same. I will be more then greatfull if you can solve this for me. Thanks
April 23rd 08 09:47 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 142
Trouble Installing ATA HDD on VISTA by Sopel
Hello, Im currently running Microsoft Vista on My HP Computer, it already has a 300GB SATA HDD, I just bought a ATA 750GB SEAGATE HDD, I want to run both, and store my music/videos on the 750GB while running programs/files from my 300GB SATA, basically I want to utilize both of them at the same time while im on the desktop. My Computer has one primary IDE/ATA cable and it has my CD and DVD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 19th 07 06:11 PM
by andy Go to last post
12 434
trouble installing second dvd drive by mitchbryan
I have a sata motherboard with 4 sata data connections on. My hard drive is connected to Sata 0 and my DVD burner is connected to Sata 1. This is all fine. But I want to add another DVD drive. I have connected the power cable to the drive and tried connecting the data
October 9th 09 04:16 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
7 190
Trouble installing Vista Bluetooth drivers by test02
Hi guys! I have the following problem: I can't install my BT integrated controller in Vista RTM. My device is a CSR Bluetooth Adapter, connected via internal USB controller. It is supported by Vista's BT Stack because I can find the VID and PID in the bth.inf (found in Windows\inf dir). In this file I found the following code line: Toshiba Integrated Bluetooth 2 = ...
December 19th 06 05:35 PM
by test02 Go to last post
2 234
Trouble printing some files to a network printer... by suzena70
Has anyone else had this experience? I have some files, (some pdf, some dwg, and there are a couple other programs) that I am unable to print to a network printer. I can print other things to this printer so it isn't the connection. I get no error message, it looks like it should be printing. I had someone else try from another computer (not running Vista) and they can print no problem. Any...
October 9th 08 01:38 PM
by suzena70 Go to last post
0 233
Trouble Safely Removing USB Device by purplepies
When I try to eject my USB device, I get a message telling me "Windows can't stop your 'Generic volume' device because it is in use." It tells me to "close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again later." But I can't find anything that is using the device. I don't have any windows open. I spent some time online and found a lot of people with the same problem...
July 27th 07 09:58 PM
by purplepies Go to last post
3 141
Trouble Shooting by armas
Hello all, I currently own a Toshiba Satellite a135-s2386 running windows vista. Recently it has been experiencing problems with recognizing my ipod and digital camera. The ipod is detected but is placed as an unknown device, and as for my camera and 2 different phones are completely ignored, at once point they all worked but lately none have been recognized or acknowledged by the computer,...
January 24th 08 08:39 PM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 147
trouble shooting, processor or graphics card? by Joe
my pc is messed up somthing fierce, when i turn it on and the post screen shows up, but some pixels are not black, they come up randomly different colors every time, which made me think a graphics card problem. then when it gets to the next screen while booting, where it checks for boot devices, some characters will randomly be wrong, and in different colors, like "Boot from CD" will show up...
July 20th 07 07:40 PM
by Joe Go to last post
2 111
Trouble synchronizing pocket pc with Windows Mobile by ehas1
I have previously synchronized my new pocket pc with windows mobile, but now it will not recognize the phone when it is connected with the usb cable. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it only works one time and then will not sync again.
June 17th 07 03:18 PM
by ehas1 Go to last post
0 146
Trouble Typing Certain Letters by *clueless
My cordless keyboard model is S 510. I am having trouble typing letters r, t, f, g, v, and b. They don't appear no matter how many times I press the keys. The only way I have been able to type them is by repositioning my keyboard at odd angles. Each time I restart my computer, it's a different position. The letters never work when I just lay my keyboard flat on my desk. Please help. =[
May 31st 08 02:41 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
4 165
Trouble w/ DVD & CD drives by PorPorMe
Ever since I installed Vista I've had CD problems. I have reinstalled a couple of times with the same problem.I have a Sony DVD-RW & a Sony CD-RW.The Cd is a slave to the DVD. The Cd has become worthless, it won't read or write.It is recognized but it can't recognize a disk.I've tried swapping different burners and Cd-Roms and it stays the same. I've un-installed the drivers and rebooted to...
April 17th 08 12:57 PM
by Anil Go to last post
4 142
Trouble with a Canoscan LIDE 70 Scanner by Cris Halbert
I have already talked to Canon Technical Support and have had no success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Vista 32bit drivers for my scanner and it is detected and device manager reports it running with no errors. I am running Vista 32 Ultimate. The moment I go to scan anything with it, it starts to scan, freezes, then errors out. I have tested the scanner on a Win XP machine and it...
April 14th 07 10:40 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 141
Trouble With Any Device? Don't Post Read This First by jonathan perreault
Try this fix to see if it repairs your problem, Before Posting. This solution has worked for some people with problematic USB and General Devices: 1. Locate the file INFCACHE.1 in C:\Windows\inf 2. Right click on the INFCACHE.1 file, select Properties Security Edit, and give your account full control. 3. Delete INFCACHE.1 (Or just to be safe, rename it to INFCACHE.1.BAK or
September 22nd 07 02:19 AM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
2 101
Trouble with Asus 9250 256Mb by lpforever2001
I'm using the video card ASUS 9250 256MB, but Vista just give me 1.0 point for the graphic and 3D. I don't know why. I can't use Aero cause it's too low to use that. Do I need to udate my driver? I did update my driver but nothing better than the driver Vista already installed in my computer for my Video Card.Please help me. Thank you.
May 24th 07 12:40 AM
by freddy Go to last post
2 115
Trouble With Hardware Driver, No Need 2 Post, Read This by jonathan perreault
Try this fix to see if it repairs your problem, Before Posting. This solution has worked for some people with problematic USB and General Devices: 1. Locate the file INFCACHE.1 in C:\Windows\inf 2. Right click on the INFCACHE.1 file, select Properties Security Edit, and give your account full control. 3. Delete INFCACHE.1 (Or just to be safe, rename it to INFCACHE.1.BAK or
September 11th 07 08:13 PM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
0 116
Trouble with Hauppauge 350! by jjmcmahon7
I have a hauppauge 350 that i use to record tv on my computer. I have Vista Ultimate x64 loaded and it does not recognize my multimedia video controller and therefore i cannot use media center to record tv. Anybody have any sugguestions, workarounds, or similar issues? Please let me know... -- jjmcmahon7
May 7th 07 06:04 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 128
Trouble with headphones and wireless card by TheRusty
Hi all, Recently I purchased a new system for myself (hurrah for tax returns) and so far, it's a pretty nice system. It runs Vista, obviously, and I've encountered a pair of problems. One major, one minor. First, the major problem is that it doesn't seem to want to install my wireless card. I'm using a ZoNet 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI adapter, and I swear, I've tried everything. The...
May 15th 09 07:10 AM
by TheRusty[_2_] Go to last post

From The