  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Serial RS232 Adapter for Windows Vista by Yorgy
Hello, We have a gadge device that uses an RS232 serial adapter that we would like to connect it to our Windows Vista computer. We are trying to import data from the gadge into an excel spreadsheet. When I try to use the Hardware Wizard to install the device, Windows does not detect anything connected to any serial ports... Does anyone have any ideas?
April 16th 08 01:12 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 107
Compatible headset and wireless microphones for Vista 32 OS by Murali
Can someone help me with a list of microphones that have been verified to work with Windows Vista 32 bit OS. I NEED TO USE SPEECH APPLICATIONS I have tried PLANTRONICS 400 USB- DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. BAD SOUND LEVEL GARBAGE RECORDED. VOICE RECOGNITION SIMILAR TO THE YOU-TUBE VIDEO OF MICROSOFT'S DESIGN ENGINEER MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF ON CNBC PHILIPS SPEECH MIKE- SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE
January 25th 08 11:42 PM
by Murali Go to last post
0 107
Stop baby eating in CHINA by LPC
Eat dogs, cats and baby look below: http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/v/7/eating_babies1.jpg http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/w/7/eating_babies2.jpg http://888.rockin.net/propaganda-of-baby-eating/rumour.htm#true_story
January 29th 08 02:24 PM
by LPC Go to last post
0 107
PCI Device Unplugged by roan
I have an Acer 4310 laptop running Vista Ultimate 32bit, out of nowhere it tries to install PCI Device but cannot find it and says "PCI Device Unplugged". When i check the Device Manager, my DVD and Wi-fi is missing. How can i prevent this from happening? and it also always go on a bluescreen. Please Help! -- roan
February 13th 08 04:45 AM
by roan Go to last post
0 107
getting reid of a update by donald poe
i ve deletted all programs for a web cam but still get promt updating for a web cam and failing one or so times a day any help -- rickkk
February 21st 08 11:27 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 107
NEW Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 4.87 19 February 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
NEW Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 4.87 19 February 2008): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Fix recording issue for ALC269. 2. Customizations I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
February 23rd 08 08:08 PM
by Ryka[_3_] Go to last post
2 107
in hibernation-- turning off usb device connected via USB hub-- by Robert J. Lafayette
Vista Home Premium, Desktop, several USB ports. Issue related to Hibernation, not sleep. Have a 7 port USB hub, to which a device (external HDD) is connected. The device is a 120Gb external non a/c powered HDD. I wish to have device turned 'off' when the computer hibernates (that is no green light on device, no lights at all on the computer either).
February 24th 08 10:30 PM
by Robert J. Lafayette Go to last post
0 107
memory stick not being recognised by Andrew
hi im running a vista sony laptop and have been using a 4 gig byte thumb drive for ready boost. Just recently i noticed that my computer not longer recognises the thumb drive or any other drive for that matter. The thumb drive works on other computers so it must be something on my computer any ideads? -- agibson
April 16th 08 12:16 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
2 107
Why does the only user need "permission"? by Ike
Dell laptop, Vista Home Premium. I'm the only user since day one, and a generally delighted user I might add, with far fewer issues than when I went from 3.1 to 95, or 98 to 2000, as examples. But there are frustrations, and the matter of "permission" is high on the list. I want to perform some ordinary task such as shift some folders around, and often get a "You must have permission..."...
May 23rd 07 12:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 108
ATI Radeon 9800 and AMD Opteron 180 by cdgaefke
I have a MSI Neo2 Platinum (nVidia nforce 3 ultra chipset). One of the last AMD 939 AGP boards made. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. With Vista 32 and Vista 64, the ATI drivers, and even Microsoft's drivers, worked just fine - when I had an AMD 64 3000+ CPU in it. I just put in a shiny new AMD Opteron 180, and all the sudden the drivers are failing, both in 64 and 32. Installing the...
May 23rd 07 11:41 AM
by cdgaefke Go to last post
7 108
nyc newbie needs help installing 2nd hdd by njw
i want to install a second hdd. being a newbie, i need to see how this is done. is there someone in nyc who would allow me to watch over your shoulder while you install an hdd? --
May 3rd 07 10:22 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 108
which nvidea drivers do i need for my geforce on vista?? by P
hi guys. pc specs: geforce 7600gt AMD athlon 2gb ram i tryed the latest nvidea drivers, the nvidia vista drivers and both didnt work, when i check display settings advanced the info about the videocard is screwd up and i dont get the geforce tab in advanced, plus according to geforce the vista drivers support opengl, but opengl games wont work, i get
November 15th 06 04:50 PM
by DCR Go to last post
9 108
Windows explorer by docredbeard
I am having a heck of a time trying to view any files with my Lite-on dvd-rw.Everytime I try to view (explore) a dvd or cd disk my computer hangs and windows exployer stops. I have update all available firmware and software. My cd-rom (reader) works fine. Is there any known issues with lite-on or windows explorer in vista?I have the most recent release of vista. thanks
November 21st 06 06:34 AM
by docredbeard Go to last post
0 108
Intellipoint 6.1 won't install by Doc
I'm at my wit's end trying to install Intellipoint 6.1 under Vista Home Premium. Whenever it's run, I get the message "Setup can't continue either because there's not enough free space on the disk or an unexpected problem has occurred." I have 198 gigs free on the disk. I've tried the following multiple times in various orders: 1. right click and "run as administrator" 2. install from safe...
March 16th 07 02:50 AM
by Doc Go to last post
2 108
Web page viewing question by Peptic_Sheriff
I have purchased a new computer with Vista installed I like the look of the program, so far as I just turned in on yesterday. When I view a web site the font that is displayed is not the same as the font the web site used for the home page title. It appears to be larger because the words have wrapped around to a new line. When I view this website with WinXP all is fine. Other websites I have...
March 22nd 07 09:58 PM
by Peptic_Sheriff Go to last post
0 108
G Force Go no Go! by dotcom
I'm trying to install beta drivers from the nVidia web site for the GForce Go 6800 Ultra and the installation stops and says something to the effect that this is not Windows Vista and therefore cannot install the drivers. I am running Vista Home Premium...what gives?
March 26th 07 03:29 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
3 108
Memory Dump by Extruder Johnny
Ever since I installed Vista on a new computer I built, it keeps crashing giving me the BSOD and a memory dump. It will happen anytime, online or off while doing anything. Very unstable and annoying and am considering going back to XP! Any suggestions ?
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 108
Firewire devices under Vista by Ann Kennedy
All of my firewire devices work perfectly under XP Pro. I have a dual boot, with Pro on C and Vista Ultimate on D. No problems there (so far!). But none of my firewire connections are recognized under Vista. That includes an Epson printer (R800), two external hard disks (Western Digital and Buffalo respectively), and a Sony CD burner. I see a Microsoft announcement which says no more...
April 2nd 07 06:07 PM
by Ann Kennedy Go to last post
0 108
DVD driver cannot load by Ron
Windows Vista cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). My DVD drive used to work properly but now the device for it cannot load (Code 39) above. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. Do I need to go into the registry? Thanks in advance.
May 2nd 07 12:57 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 108
GeForce 6800 by Powerbox
Anyone have the problem after installing Windows Vista, which your graphics card onboard cooling fan continually runs? And the I can’t find/access the old NVIDIA settings to see if my graphics card is still over clocked after the Vista beta upgrade.
March 27th 07 11:19 PM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post

From The