  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Memory Dump by Extruder Johnny
Ever since I installed Vista on a new computer I built, it keeps crashing giving me the BSOD and a memory dump. It will happen anytime, online or off while doing anything. Very unstable and annoying and am considering going back to XP! Any suggestions ?
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 108
Cannot install Bluetooth keyboard and mouse by Sam
My Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Elite for Bluetooth has stopped working for no apparent reason. It still works with WinXp which is on the same computer. I have tried to re-install the drivers (6.1) and it just doesn't respond. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
July 13th 07 02:16 AM
by freddy Go to last post
3 108
dleted a volume?? by Craig008
i think i may have deleted a volume (hard drive) from my system while trying tog et it to work again after ahve been told that it should be a dynamic volume, any ideas how to get it back. if i plug it in it asks for a driver, looks for one and cant find it, what should i do?? -- grapes
July 13th 07 08:30 PM
by Craig008 Go to last post
0 108
audio problem by Thomas
i never had audio problems. recently, i have a problem with the sound of my pc: i hear everything but the balance of the different sounds is incorrect. when i play music, the volume of the voice is too low. the overall sound is a bit metallic. when I play a movie, the sound of the voices is too low compared to the surround noise. I already tried to adapt the volume, but it did not work out.
July 19th 07 08:57 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 108
Unsigned Kernel Mode print drivers. by jereviscious
Hello all. I believe there is a user or group policy to allow Unsigned Kernel Mode print drives, Can someone tell me where this policy is located? Thanks
July 23rd 07 01:15 PM
by jereviscious Go to last post
5 108
Vista x64 boot error's by R.Demandt
Recentely I bought a new "self build" PC with the following hardwa -ASUS a8n5x motherboard -AMD 939 3200+ CPU -ASUS 7800GS 256MB PCI-E Graphics -Hauppage PVR-500 MCE I installed Vista x64 Ultimate and everything worked fine, bit afther about 4 days the system becomes very slow in booting and eventually gives a 0xc00000e9 error. I reinstalled the complete PC, but again afther 4 days this
July 21st 07 01:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 108
Hauppauge Wintv350 pvr & Vista by rq
Has anyone actually got this card to work with Vista. I have installed and reinstalled all the requirements from the Hauppauge support page and nothing seems to work. rq
July 27th 07 02:34 PM
by rq Go to last post
0 108
Mobile 5 device not found in WMDC. Get event error 7 (rapimgr) by cgrill
Hello, I have had nothing but problems getting my Motorola Q to sync using Vista WMDC. The one constant factor is a mystery event in the app log: Windows Mobile-based USB device is plugged in but is unable get a network with the desktop. I have updated/uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, turned off the firewall, turned off antivirus, and tried EVERY SINGLE RECOMMENDATION I can find on...
July 29th 07 09:48 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 108
ZyDAS Wifi problem. can't seem to fix it by Dream[_2_]
Hello, I have a major problem with the Wifimax ZyDAS dongle. OS: vista 32bit My normal internet connection does work correctly. I -do- have the new driver from the site of codejunkies. the ZyDAS icon -does -appear in my status bar. It also appears in the Connections section. But there it says it isn't connected. I tried everything, but it seems my pc thinks that if I try to turn it on, he...
August 3rd 07 09:51 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
2 108
usb slows boot up by cyberwasp
Recently bought a quad core machine with vista premium. Hooked up usb keyboard and mouse. If I hook up anything else to usb, "hub, printer, external drive," the machine takes up to 3 to 5 minutes to boot. I've read somewhere that this is a known bug in Vista but can't seem to verify. After system boots everything works fine. Any ideas would be appreciated
July 6th 07 01:46 PM
by cyberwasp Go to last post
2 108
Unseen PSP by PuzzledScrambledPurplexed
Anyone find a solution for an unseen PSP? In Vista (Home Prem) when I plug the PSP into the USB port, it is unrecognized at all. Have tried different ports and cables and 2 PCs running XP, only conclusion is that Vista doesn't see it. Contacted Sony who threw the ball into Microsoft's court, would need a driver from Microsoft, which would make sense if only the OS even saw it in the first...
June 8th 07 08:49 AM
by Nick Mason Go to last post
4 108
Firewire devices under Vista by Ann Kennedy
All of my firewire devices work perfectly under XP Pro. I have a dual boot, with Pro on C and Vista Ultimate on D. No problems there (so far!). But none of my firewire connections are recognized under Vista. That includes an Epson printer (R800), two external hard disks (Western Digital and Buffalo respectively), and a Sony CD burner. I see a Microsoft announcement which says no more...
April 2nd 07 06:07 PM
by Ann Kennedy Go to last post
0 108
DVD driver cannot load by Ron
Windows Vista cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). My DVD drive used to work properly but now the device for it cannot load (Code 39) above. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. Do I need to go into the registry? Thanks in advance.
May 2nd 07 12:57 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 108
nyc newbie needs help installing 2nd hdd by njw
i want to install a second hdd. being a newbie, i need to see how this is done. is there someone in nyc who would allow me to watch over your shoulder while you install an hdd? --
May 3rd 07 10:22 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 108
ATI Radeon 9800 and AMD Opteron 180 by cdgaefke
I have a MSI Neo2 Platinum (nVidia nforce 3 ultra chipset). One of the last AMD 939 AGP boards made. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. With Vista 32 and Vista 64, the ATI drivers, and even Microsoft's drivers, worked just fine - when I had an AMD 64 3000+ CPU in it. I just put in a shiny new AMD Opteron 180, and all the sudden the drivers are failing, both in 64 and 32. Installing the...
May 23rd 07 11:41 AM
by cdgaefke Go to last post
7 108
Why does the only user need "permission"? by Ike
Dell laptop, Vista Home Premium. I'm the only user since day one, and a generally delighted user I might add, with far fewer issues than when I went from 3.1 to 95, or 98 to 2000, as examples. But there are frustrations, and the matter of "permission" is high on the list. I want to perform some ordinary task such as shift some folders around, and often get a "You must have permission..."...
May 23rd 07 12:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 108
combo drive will not burn or play cd-rs by LASHAWAY
I just purchased an e-machines T5224 desktop pc ( its about two months old) and i currently have windows vista home premium. I contacted emachines and told them that any dvd or cd that i have purchased not burned work perfectly but everytime i put in an cd-r the drive does not recognize that there is a cd in the drive and i have done a full factory recovery and still nothing. If you have any...
May 29th 07 10:51 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 108
USB Mass Storage Devices Unrecognized (Vista) by Jason
Hi all, It appears that I'm one in a growing number of people with this problem, so I figured I may as well jump in! I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and backed-up all my XP files (music, photos, etc.) to a brand-new Maxtor OneTouch III external USB drive. After installing Vista, the drive was detected as a mass storage device and worked like a charm (this was about a week ago); I've used...
June 1st 07 03:04 PM
by GTS Go to last post
9 108
xp computer dead, move to vista? by lawjake
I have an xp professional os with 2 drives, boot up is 160 g with 29 g of free space; and 80 g mostly filled up. Within the last month, the computer would freeze. I can't figure out the cause of the freezing, but now it just keeps beeping long beeps and nothing else. SO, I am thinking of going to a new machine with Vista. Can I: (1) plut my hard drives in, and if there is nothing...
June 3rd 07 04:52 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 108
MS Natural Multi-Media Keyboard by Al[_2_]
I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit and I have a Microsoft Natural Multi-Media Keyboard with the latest MS 64bit driver installed. Everything works fine except the multi-media buttons don't work. They do work if I click on the Microsoft Keyboard icon to bring up the keyboard properties. As soon as I close the Keyboard Properties they stop working. I have a Logitech mouse and I see that...
August 6th 07 03:02 PM
by Al[_2_] Go to last post

From The