Printers that WILL work in Vista? by jancawa55
I just got back from WalMart one hour ago, I bought an HP Deskjet F335 for $48 and it worked fine, not with the disc it comes with though. "Mildred Savalier" wrote: Can anyone tell me what printers they can get working in Vista? I need a cheap printer for work, I only need black and white printing. If I have to buy another printer just to run on this machine I want it cheap LOL
October 25th 06 01:55 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 186
BAD_POOL_CALLER? by Clark
Anyone know what this means when associated with a Blue Screen on Boot? This is still related to my modem causing a BSOD if I boot with it enabled. Works fine if I enable after boot. It gave a bunch of numbers also, so if they would help I have them. Thanks, Clark 5744
October 25th 06 11:56 AM
by Clark Go to last post
3 189
CD-RW Format by Mike
Here's a strange one! I've been using a CD-RW to back-up data from RC1, 5600 (using Vistas own built-in writing software!). It's been perfect since I installed it over a month ago! However, in the last 2 days, when I try to back up, I'm told the disc is "read only" and can't write to it! So, I tried to format... goes through the motions, but after a couple of minutes, informs me that it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 06 07:36 AM
by Mike Go to last post
14 279
hp pavilion ze4430us laptop video driver by thebes11
before installing vista, I ran the check software to make sure it would run on the laptop and it said it would, with the exception of the video driver. I check and found this laptop has the ati radeon IGP 320M. A quick check of the ATI website showed vista drivers available for this card through the catalyst program. I downloaded it and ran it, but it said VISTA was not installed and...
October 25th 06 03:37 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 177
ATI Radeon X600 All-In-Wonder by NervyJester
Has anyone been able to get the TV tuner to work on their X600 All-In-Wonder card in RC1? I've downloaded the beta drivers from ATI and still can't get the TV tuner to start.
October 25th 06 02:21 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 155
Fasttrak 378 in RC2 by Justinx89x
I installed Windows Vista RC2 but am having a problem. It will not load my Promise Fasttrak 378 SATA drivers. In the device manager it says "the device failed to start". If I try to update the drivers, it says that the drivers are already up to date. I tried starting Vista with the option to allow unsigned drivers, still didn't work. Anybody have any idea how to fix this?
October 25th 06 01:34 AM
by Justinx89x Go to last post
0 162
Wireless and Printers Not working by JukEboX
I have installed vista onto my Dell Latitude D620 and Everytime I bring it back from hibernate or sleep it first loses connection to wireless and wired network and when I try to reconnect it has limited access. I will sit for hours trying to diagnose the problem and get nowhere. The second thing is after I restart the computer the Print Spooler Crashes. I have not been able to print ever...
October 25th 06 12:10 AM
by JukEboX Go to last post
0 170
Linksys WMP54G NIC and Connectivity Issues With Broadcom Driver by Chris
I wanted to post some of my testing results with my Linksys WMP54G wireless NIC dropping connection to my WRT54G router. I have been playing with the "Advanced" properties of the Broadcom driver that Vista loads as Linksys does not have any Vista compatible software available for use. I used the Broadcom drivers default settings for about a week and was getting connection drops several...
October 24th 06 11:10 PM
by Chris Go to last post
1 139
Cannot get Intel Pro/100 VE Network or Pro/wireless 3945ABG to wor by Cooper Mitchell
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4254 notebook and I get a Code 10 device cannot start in Vista. It has the drivers installed but will not allow networking. Any help will be appreciated.
October 24th 06 10:31 PM
by Cooper Mitchell Go to last post
2 140
HP Photosmart 8250 Windows Vista driver by Wojtek
I just bought new HP Photosmart 8250, it prints documents but photos not. Is there any solution? or I must wait for HP new driver release? Wojtek
October 24th 06 08:22 PM
by Wojtek Go to last post
0 145
Generic Bluetooth HID drivers by Sol
Does Vista come with a Generic HID KB/Mouse bluetooth stack? My dongle works and I can pair with my KB, but when I do and the drivers start to load, it states that the HID drivers cannot be loaded because the files aren't there.
October 24th 06 05:32 PM
by Sol Go to last post
0 137
USB memory stick format by Andy Webb
I've noticed that when I insert a memory stick, the drive info says its either RAW format or there's no format diplayed. The drive is usable and reads and writes ok. If I run ChkDsk on it the drive info then says it's FAT32, which would be correct. Is this a common fault with USB memeory sticks or a Vista issue? I'm using Windows Vista RC1.
October 24th 06 04:49 PM
by Theo Go to last post
4 177
pinnacle pctv rave by Pascal Free
I need to use the svideo entry of this card for example with mce But still no drivers What can i do !?
October 24th 06 11:42 AM
by Pascal Free Go to last post
0 141
Nvidia's 96.85 drivers support fewer resolutions by Hugh Jass
With Nvidia's 96.63 drivers, I can get 1440x900 resolution, which is the native resolution of my 19inch widescreen monitor. However, in the 96.85 drivers, this resolution isn't supported. Why would Nvidia do this?? They offer higher and lower settings, but NOT 1440x900. Makes these drivers useless for my monitor!! -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
October 24th 06 02:07 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
4 142
CF Card or xp disc wont open by scott2734
I have 2 computers. One is running vista 64 bit while the other is running 32 bit. I tried getting the pictures off my compact flash card in vista 64 bit , and it keeps giving an error saying i need to format the card. At the same time the red light on the card slot is flashing red, meaning something is wrong. I tried the same CF card on my mothers computer with xp and it opened fine, so its...
October 24th 06 12:29 AM
by scott2734 Go to last post
0 126
Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS with Vista Build 5384 by Floflo
I tried reinstalling the beta drivers from the Creative Website about 3 times but no sound whatsoever. This goes for RC2, RC1 it works fine. No fun if there's no sound, so I'm going to delete. On the whole, Vista is more bother than anything else at this point in time. Lots of software (burning, antivirus) doesn't work and there's no support for my sound card or for my pinnacle TV...
October 23rd 06 11:26 PM
by Boomer Go to last post
1 159
XP hard drive as a slave by jjohn621
I have 2 IDE Hard Drives connected. The primary was a Windows 2003 server install, while the second was a file storage. Both were formatted as NTFS. After installing RC2 on the primary drive, the secondary drive shows up but is inaccessable. It shows as Access denied (D:) in the "My Computer". Vista will let me format the drive, but then I will lose all the files on the drive. Is there...
October 23rd 06 10:13 PM
by jjohn621 Go to last post
0 128
Suddenly lost cd/dvd drives..? by lewaldo
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553 - I just did method 1 on RC1, but had no Upperfilters, so deleted Lowerfilters and rebooted. It worked. -- lewaldo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lewaldo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=18246 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=545824
October 23rd 06 08:56 PM
by Sgt_Bilko Go to last post
7 152
Help with bluetooth syncing by VistaVick
Running Vista RC2, the latest windows mobile device center, and a toshiba branded usb bluetooth adapter. I am able to sync fine with a usb cable. But I have been unable to wirelessly sync my dell axim x30 pda with mobile device center through bluetooth. The pda runs windows mobile 2003. I have tried doing so with the generic bluetooth drivers windows installed with the usb adapter and...
October 23rd 06 08:23 PM
by Jari H Go to last post
1 158
Windows Vista RC1 Cannot install Palm HandHeld Driver (USB) - Treo by Rogério Perez
Hi, forgives for my English. I am with a great problem using the Windows RC1 and my Palm Treo650 stopped to synchronize. When i go to make the HotSync the Windows detects the new hardware and it does not locate driver of the Palm. Already i tried of everything since making the installation of a new version until pointing the way of drives that they meet in the my HD. Somebody would know as to...
October 23rd 06 05:51 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post

From The