  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
USB Keyboard (disabled during boot??) by Jason Chin
For some reason my Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 doesn't work while my computer boots. The only keyboard function that works is the bios key (pressing delete to access the bios menu). Otherwise everything else doesn't work. For example: -When I get a BSOD and my computer restarts and gives me an option to load into safe mode; I can't select anything. The keyboard won't allow me to...
August 10th 07 02:16 PM
by KenM Go to last post
1 107
scnadisk impossible by boorn
Hi all, I'm not able to run the scandisk on my notepad (asus PR031Jseries - Vista Home Premium), if I plan it by doing Start-Computer-C-right click-properties-tools-execute scandisk ...a message is shown informaing that the disk is busy and scnadisk will be done at next reboot, when restart pc, scandisk seems starting but after few seconds the following error message is given:
September 23rd 07 06:12 PM
by boorn Go to last post
0 107
Corrupt Files on Flash Drive by chas638
Help, I bought a 8gb flash drive to copy files from one computer to another. It is formatted in FAT32 and can not be changed. Some files copy fine while others wpn't work. Media runs some MP3 files from the flash drive but will not recognize others. They all run off my hard drive in my computer. I also have the same problem with some JPG and word documents. Is there anything I can change or...
September 24th 07 04:16 PM
by chas638 Go to last post
2 107
Unknown Problem with CD/DVD RW rom drive. by Drew
Okay, I got a new computer about 5 moths ago, and it has Windows Vista on it. Tonight, I tried to install an older DOS game on the computer with the authentic copyrighted disc, not a copy. The computer froze, so I did a forced-restart. Now, programs stop responding if ANY disc - blank or otherwise - is in the drive. I've searched for viruses multiple times and have uninstalled and...
September 24th 07 01:16 AM
by Drew Go to last post
0 107
External Display by Matt
I tried to connect my laptop to my HDTV through a VGA cable. It recognized it at first and on my pc a alert box popped up asking if I wanted a mirrored display, an extended display, or external only. I hit external only and then clicked apply. I flip through the different outputs on the TV and come to PC and get a message saying "Not Supported Mode." Since I hit that every time I plug the...
September 26th 07 08:07 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 107
Keyboard by BarryH
Hi Folk's, just installed a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard. RUnning XP. Everything on the keyboard seems to work EXCEPT the number pad. The Num Lock is on - little green light shows - but it's dead, no numbers. I was told I have to also push the F Lock key, but that didn't help. Please, any suggestions?
October 9th 07 02:44 AM
by BarryH Go to last post
3 107
Laptop no longer detects DVD drive, usual fix unsuccessful by Sean Prior
Hi all, I bought a Packard Bell laptop in March which runs off Vista. Yesterday I tried to run a game I had been playing for weeks by clicking the normal icon. I received an error message stating "We cannot detect a CD-Rom drive on your system". I tried the same with a variety of other DVDs and received the same message each time. The DVD drive in question has worked fine up 'til now and...
October 5th 07 04:42 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 107
Windows Vista and MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device by Andy
Why have I to visualize always this problem at start up of the system? Is there any solution ( compatible drive) for this problem? Please can you give me a replay as soon as possible, Thanks and best regards.
October 5th 07 03:59 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 107
DVD R/RW drive not working by Michael
This is prbly a redundent question but my drive doesn't work at all!! nothing plays evan music CDs I try to go into my computer it shows the drive with a red slash through it ?? Help it's driving me nuts, And please please keep it simple in lamen terms so I can understand it :-) if you know what I mean lol -- Michael
October 9th 07 02:40 AM
by Michael Go to last post
6 107
USB storage device by javeline
I have vista basic installed on a PCchips M860 motherboard, XP2800+, 1bg Ram and when I plug in a usb drive it causes 'Computer' (the window that shows C drive, D drive etc and should show the USB drive as E) to freeze up until I remove it. The USB drive goes through the auto installation and is recognised each time I plug it in. I have tried three usb drives and an external hard drive via...
September 21st 07 11:24 PM
by javeline Go to last post
0 107
WMDC error when syncing PocketPC by ncgodawgs
Hi. Any help for a computer illiterate would be truly appreciated. I have been syncing my Audiovox XV6600 pocketPC with my laptop running Vista Home Premium. It has worked correctly for almost 6 months. Approximately two weeks ago, they stopped syncing. I get an error message stating "An unhandled exception has occured in your application" "Retrieving the COM class factory for component...
September 19th 07 12:50 AM
by ncgodawgs Go to last post
0 107
driver for canon printer by sandi
where do i find the driver for canon bjc2110 printer for vista? -- cobalt blue
August 13th 07 04:56 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 107
Chkdsk: Cannot open volume for direct access by Kevin Cochran
Greetings, On Vista Home Premium, when the trying to run chkdsk from boot, the following error comes up: Checking file system on C: Type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Any ideas?
August 13th 07 08:42 PM
by Kevin Cochran Go to last post
0 107
Fan Speed. by John[_8_]
While booting my Vista laptop, the fan is on full blast. As soon as Vista loading comes up, the fan stops and never comes back on. How do I force it to stay on?
August 17th 07 01:33 PM
by David B. Go to last post
1 107
CPU Upgrades by Octane715
Hello, I am runing windows vista home premium 64bit, on a dell precision with a dual core xeon. I was thinking about upgrading to a quad core xeon. Will this require a reinstall of vista? Or is a reinstall recommended? I'd appreciate any help.
August 19th 07 04:40 PM
by Octane715 Go to last post
0 107
vista screen problems for laptop by Kurto
my laptop has suddenly developed a problem where all the black text on my screen has aweid shadow to it and the actual display is tinged a weird green - ne ideas how to fix this problem Cheers
August 20th 07 03:33 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 107
Motherboard and CPU upgrade...Do I need to reregister Vista Ultima by coolchris
Hi. Was wondering...do I need to phone MS to re register my Ultimate, as its gonna be new hardware and I suspect their will be authentication problems? As soon as I boot up with the new hardware will it ask me to phone MS or what? Cheers.
August 27th 07 10:54 AM
by Thanks Richard! Much appreciated.[_2_] Go to last post
4 107
touch pad pointer acceleration speed by Hemanth
Hi How do I change the touch pad pointer acceleration speed on Vista Basic. I have Sony Vaio VGN - CR11CH laptop. Thanks for your time, Hemanth
September 10th 07 08:27 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 107
Xbox 360 Controller + Chatpad in Windows by Hidden Parameters
Does anyone know if there are any plans to support the Xbox 360 Chatpad in windows vista? I have the xbox receiver for windows which allows me to use my wireless headset and controller with vista... which works great. I would really like to use the xbox chatpad (that plugs into the bottom of the wireless controller) with windows. It would make the ultimate controller as you could use the...
September 11th 07 11:50 PM
by Hidden Parameters Go to last post
0 107
Server Busy error Windows Mobile Device Center by Gizzo
This seems to be a common problem but I haven't found a solution after I googled, browsed thru ms support pages, newsgroups and forums. 4 out of 5 times I encounter this error. Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) says synchronizing but it never completes and the the status bar is 1/10th full for like 2 hours! When I check the sync results I get 3-5 server busy error messages. No error codes or...
October 8th 07 01:27 PM
by Gizzo Go to last post

From The