Soundblaster Live! 24-bit Problems by Brian
Currently, with the most updated drivers from Windows Update and from Creative's website, the sound that comes out of my computer is, what can only be described as slow, and the tone oscillates. I have already checked speaker connections and the like and this is not the issue. The sound issue even seems to slow down things that depend on sound or must syncronize with sound. The simplest...
April 22nd 07 11:08 PM
by rapierau Go to last post
6 164
nvidia mx400 pci video card by Brian
I am trying to run dual monitors on my computer. I was previously running windows xp pro just fine with dual monitors. I am now plunged into vista. Since then the system will lock up when the mx400 is in place to run the second monitor. it does not do it when it is not installed. Does anybody know where a vista driver can be gotten. Or have any suggestions. Microsofts driver does not seem to...
December 10th 07 12:19 PM
by Brian Go to last post
4 105
PDA! by Brian
Hi, Does anyone have any info on syncronising a mobile device running WM5 with Outlook, my device is recognised but will only sync with media player. I have searched all over microsoft without any luck, and have not seen it mentioned on any forums, all replies welcome, thanks. Regards Bri@n Buy this man a BEER!
May 21st 07 10:24 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 329
Vista stopped ecognizing USB Flash or USB hub by Brian
I have been using Vista 4 mos. successfully plugging in my USB hub and flash drives. Today I installed a 3rd gb of ram and the OS now doesn't recognize specific USB devices that previously worked. This is for 64bit vista
April 26th 07 06:16 AM
by Brian Go to last post
3 164
Problem caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver by Brian
Hello, I have a HP DV9500 and my computer shuts down while on windows vista. I get the following error: Problem caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver This problem was caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver. This program was created by NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA Corporation does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Recommendation
February 4th 08 06:33 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 120
vista Business won't recognize Mitsumi drive by Brian
I recently purchased a new computer w/ Vista Small Business. It has a Mitsumi 3.5" floppy drive (IDE) and Vista wont recognize it at startup. I can force to see it if I plug in a Teac USB 3.5" drive and restart Vista. In system it shows the controller and Microsoft driver: 6.0.6000.16386 dated 6/21/06 for this Mitsumi floppy drive. If I unplug my USB floppy and reboot it looses the Mitsumi...
March 31st 07 12:02 PM
by Mick Go to last post
4 131
Sound Quit Working 'Failed to Play Test Tone' by Brian
My sound (Creative SB X-fi Plat) quit working in Windwos Vista SP1 64 bit for no apparent reason. If you check the internet this seems to be a very common problem for users. Symptoms: Everything appears fine (Device Manager shows audio drivers working, Speaker Icon shows Creative SB X-Fi device is installed and working) I tried to install KB937077 but it doesn't apply to my system.
July 10th 08 11:31 AM
by Brian Go to last post
2 149
Every USB device plugged in isn't automatically installed by Brian
All devices previously plugged in and working have ceased being recognized by Windows Vista x64. What is the solution so that I won't have to point to "driverstore" everytime I unplug a usb device that was functioning and plug it in again SYMPTOMS of PROBLEM: Whenever a usb device is plugged in, a prompt is displayed allowing 3 choices:
November 11th 07 07:11 AM
by Donna Buenaventura Go to last post
1 121
Screen darkens when in battery mode by Brian
I just took my new Dell Inspiron 1420 out of the box yesterday, the OP is Vista Home Premium. The screen's brightness is great when the computer is plugged into the A/C adapter. But when I unplug the computer from the wall and use the battery the screen darkens up quite a bit, to the point that it's difficult to read. I changed the battery plan brightness level and that didn't work. I've...
July 29th 08 03:26 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 185
Lifecam Drivers For Vista? by Brian
Are there any beta drivers for the LifeCam 3000 and Windows Vista? I have Vista Enterprise (upgraded for work and testing) and I need the Lifecam to work. I can't really wait for a general release in January. Thanks!
December 18th 06 01:05 AM
by Brian Go to last post
4 189
Formatting DVD "calculating time remaining" by Brian
Hi all, I have a dell xps and having problems formatting DVDs... when I insert them and choose to make a disc using explorer, I am prompted for disc title for formatting the blank disk. Click ok and the message "calculating time remaing " appears and never goes away. Any ideas as without this I dont know how to get office 2007 cd burned and installed (legit download from MSDN!). Is there...
December 1st 06 08:32 PM
by Brian Go to last post
2 199
Plextor 755a dvd writer can't write in vista by Brian
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the plextor 755 in vista. Reads fine, but fails on writing of either cd or dvd media. I have an asus a8n sli deluxe mb. i'm using the nfroce sata controller for my devices.
February 25th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 128
Plextor 755a dvd writer can't write in vista by Brian
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the plextor 755 in vista. Reads fine, but fails on writing of either cd or dvd media. I have an asus a8n sli deluxe mb. i'm using the nfroce sata controller for my devices.
September 24th 06 06:55 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 147
Sync the Orange SPV M600 to Vista Ultimate and Office 2003 by Brian Atherton
I have just upgraded my PC to Vista Ultimate. When I plug-in (via USB) my M600, Vista recognises it and I can explore the files. However, I can find no means of synching he Outlook Calendar and Contacts. Sync Manager does not report the M600. The only entry is "Office Files Off-Line". Can anybody help please?
February 2nd 07 02:41 PM
by Slugsie Go to last post
1 149
ATI TV Wonder PCI support? by Brian Claveria
Anyone know if ATI TV Wonder PCI is supported by Vista? Setup details? It's a very old card, I know... just wondering if anyone has had any success. Thanks, Brian
February 10th 07 11:54 AM
by Go to last post
2 172
4 displays by Brian Cryer[_2_]
A friend of mine wants to have 4 monitors attached to his vista PC, and is looking at two cards both with 2 vga outputs. My question is simply whether vista will allow these to be configured as 2 up and 2 down rather than as a single wide virtual display of 4 across. TIA. -- Brian Cryer www.cryer.co.uk/brian
May 19th 09 10:08 AM
by Thomas Wendell[_2_] Go to last post
3 323
USB Digital TV by Brian Donnelly
Hello all ! Fairly inexperienced with Vista (Used Beta 2 for a little while but painful on my laptop), have now installed Build 5536 an what an improvement !! Just one device for which I have no drivers is my USB Digital TV adaptor, does anyone know of a USB Digital TV adaptor (UK compatible) which comes with driver support "Out of the box" with Vista and is also media centre compatible .......
August 31st 06 10:01 PM
by Brian Donnelly Go to last post
2 521
Enable AHCI non-boot drive by Brian Hoyt
I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe with LSI SAS controller. My boot drive is on the SAS controller and then I have an additional drive on the Intel SATA controller. I originally built machine with IDE mode enabled for controller and want to switch to AHCI for it. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since it isn't even my boot drive. I enabled the AHCI driver by following the instructions in the...
July 16th 08 12:12 AM
by Maarten88 Go to last post
4 135
ATI All in Blunder by Brian J
Ati doesnt even support its own hardware. The Ati support group offers no information about drivers and software release dates. it took almost a year to get a tv tuner driver for xp pro 64 and i wouldnt count on a vista driver anytime soon.if you want to watch tv with win vista you will need new hardware. Hauppage has tv tuners for vista..I wont be buying Ati again thats for sure and I have...
February 28th 07 07:18 AM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
3 240
ATI Radeeon X1050 problem by Brian J
If I perform a cleam install of Vista Ultimate x64 (Build 6000) on Shuttle xPC SS21T with: AMD X2 4200 & 2gb & 160gb SATA & ATI Radeeon X1050 Model:3080. Connect3D ATI Radeeon X1050 is 256mb GDDR, PCI/E and "Certified for Windows Vista". Vista finds an X1050 and loads MS WDDM Drivers. Screen Performance is abominable, around 5 secs between cursor click and display response. It's as though...
March 18th 07 05:53 AM
by GT Go to last post

From The