Adjusting Mouse scroll speed by Thomas Cruse
Having an issue with adjusting the scroll speed on my Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000 on a vista laptop. When i do this by going to - Control Panel - Mouse Properties and then adjust the vertical scroll speed to fastest, i click apply and then OK to close the window. However, the scroll speed immediately reverts back to slowest, a fact made clear by both the actual slow scroll speed and by...
March 3rd 09 06:47 PM
by hammerdown Go to last post
4 183
USB mouse stop working after Vista home premium sleeps by JohanB
Hi Every time my Vista Home premium goes to sleep, and I 'wake it up', the USB mouse doesn't want to move anymore. If I right click, the menu comes up, but the cursor stays put. Any fixes for this out there?
March 3rd 09 02:38 PM
by Bogey Man Go to last post
5 125
Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits by Luc Martinet
Hi, When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with the following error message : A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps : Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 09 01:35 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
10 257
Assigning a Drive letter for USB Port by Angelo Fernandez
How do you assign a permanent drive letter to a USB port in Vista or XP? -- Angelo Fernandez
March 3rd 09 07:07 AM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
3 159
CD/DVD-ROM is gone! by Walt
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) thats all i could find out about this missing rom. Im not sure how long its been gone since i havent used my cd's for about 2 months but when i went to insert a cd it did not start and when i went on my computer nothing shows up but my local disk and my other drives. I tried to update...
March 2nd 09 09:26 PM
by NotEvenMe Go to last post
3 169
DVD RW Drive Has Gone From BIOS and Device Manager (E:) Has Gone Missing ! by Crazy Axis
Heya Guys I Have Been Burning DvD's and CD's For Ages Now But Ever Since The Other Night My E: Drive Has Just Gone Missing.................. I Forgot My DvD Drive Name But When I Check Device Manager I Can Easily Say It Has Changed........ I Mean If You Need Any Other Information I'll Try My Best To Help You To Help Me
March 2nd 09 04:35 PM
by Crazy Axis Go to last post
2 137
driver problam by saurabhcool276
please give driver of vga,audio,modem..............supported by acer 4730z laptop os of server2003
March 2nd 09 03:47 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 172
Need more RAM ? by GoldHawk
I have 2 family laptops, as follows: Dell Inspiron 1721 CPU: AMD Turion 64 x 2 Mobile Technology TL-56 Memory: 2 GB DDR2 RAM HP G70-120EM CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2GHz Memory: 3072MB DDR2 SDRAM
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 09 02:41 AM
by teknomedic Go to last post
12 445
Any trick to installing a driver on a dead OS? (Turbo Memory probl by a.k.a.[_2_]
Hello everyone, I'm afraid this may be an ignorant question, but I have a dead OS. How exactly do I get a driver updated if the OS is dead? There is a technical discussion behind this that I will only go into if anyone is curious. There is an Intel engineer helping with this. In a nutshell, the Turbo Memory cache got confused and now I cannot boot from one of my HDDs. Since, as I discovered...
March 2nd 09 12:23 AM
by teknomedic Go to last post
5 233
New Micro ATX mobo reccomendation by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a Sony desktop water cooled running a Pentium D 2.8 / Vista 32 Micro ATX and wanted to get the groups ideas on replacing the board / chip / memory with something that will beat the current Vista score of 4.7 for the CPU. Rest of components run at 5.9. No gaming at all I just want to be able to use my CAD and rendering programs much faster which are now using 100% CPU. Current PS is...
March 1st 09 11:50 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
6 124
Issues with Wireless Networking causing blue screen by FyshStyx
Hi everyone, I've been having problems with my wireless connection on my laptop (MacBook Pro, running Vista via BootCamp, as well as Mac Leopard OSX or something) on the Vista side. Every so often when I'm at home (and it seems to be only at home), my wireless connection drops completely and can't be regained without a restart. When I try to reconnect to it in "Connect or disconnect to a...
March 1st 09 11:41 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
1 103
have a problem by Beefy
This file buck has popped up a couple of times 0x8E_es1371mp+1d2d, type0 and i was wondering if you could help me out
March 1st 09 11:06 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 133
Delete volume external hard drive by Hellraisr
Hi, I have an 500gb wd external hard drive I was trying to format it for my ps3, but unfortunately I deleted the volume in disk manager now my Pc won't reconise the external hard drive when I connect it. Please help. -- Hellraisr
March 1st 09 09:44 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
1 116
USB Device Not Recognized... by teknomedic
As the title says... I'm troubleshooting a friends computer and can't seem to get it working. Basically, he's running Vista Home Prem 32bit. He just bought a new Canon MP480 inkjet printer and everytime he plugs it into his laptop he gets the "USB Device Not Recognized". I tested his printer and cable on my laptop (Vista Ultimate 64bit) and it IDs the printer and tries to install just fine. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 09 09:38 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
20 347
Printer compatible with Vista Home Basic? by neb
I am interested in getting a HP F4280 All In One Printer. On the product description, and sub-caption "Spported operating sysems," it does not list Vista, only XP, Mac OS, etc etc, but, not Vista. Does anyone know for sure if it will work with Vista? I know the drivers are available if I need them. -- neb
February 28th 09 02:40 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 151
Erisson FREE Laptop by Eudoneia
Ericsson is distributing free laptops for their brand promotion. They hope to increase their popularity and sale by this campaign. All you need to do is send an email about this promotion to 8 people and you will receive an Ericsson T18 Laptop. However, if you send an email to 20 or more people, you will receive an Ericsson R320 Laptop. Make sure you cc to Anna at Ericsson so that she will...
February 28th 09 12:16 PM
by Eudoneia Go to last post
0 144
USB Drives by Angelo Fernandez
How do you assign a permanent drive letter to a USB port in using Vista or XP operating system? Thanks Angelo
February 28th 09 08:41 AM
by Billy Buddusky[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
Vista and HP Solutions Center Software by ChipsForFun
Anter installing my HP officejet 5610v and software I receive a parsing error when opening HP Solutions Center and am unable to open HP Photosmart Essential. HP tech support has so far after 5 attempts been unable to find a solution to this problem. Can anyone offer a solution. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times, used the Microsoft and HP clean up utilities, all to no avail. --...
February 28th 09 02:43 AM
by AbnRanger[_2_] Go to last post
2 152
ThinkPad T40 Won't Detect New HM160HC HDD by RyanJake
Hello, My old HDD (40.0GB) broke, so i decided to purchase a new HM160HC HDD (160GB) and my computer won't detect it. I read the short "HDD INSTALLATION GUIDE" it came with, but it doesn't help. I unpluged the power cord and took out the old HDD and unscrewed the cover then put it on the New HDD and slidded it in. I put the power cord back in and turned on my labtop.
February 28th 09 02:09 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
4 177
zte 165 and vista by rebel804
my zte 165 will connect using the "join me " program, I can access the phone and get data, add data, but it will not connect to the internet. The laptop is an Acer extensa 5230.The phone connects OK using XP pro on my wife's laptop Acer aspire. Can anyone suggest a fix. I have downloaded the latest drivers from zte thanks in advance. --
February 28th 09 12:12 AM
by rebel804 Go to last post

From The