Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Activating problem, by Jochem
Hello, Yesterday i downloaded Vista RC1, installed it as bussines version, i recieved te activating code from Ms but this one wouldn't work. even if i tried it for a few times.. I recieved a message: the product key you typed is already in use what can be the problem
September 27th 06 06:33 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
6 148
any ideas by nic
system vista rc1 amd 3200 2gig ram 1x 200 gig stata 2 hdd ( system ) 1x 320 gig sata 2 hdd ( storage ) 2x nvida 6600 gt sli config rating 4.0 my q is when i went to install vista on the 200 sata hdd it would not let me install while both hdd where conected , so disconnected the 320 hdd and installed the os on the 200 hdd ,...
September 27th 06 07:11 AM
by nic Go to last post
0 167
Vista upgrade problem - windows explorer upgrade by boy
"Hawken" wrote: I dont think its INTERNET explorer he`s talking about. Its Windows Explorer, i got the same problem "Barb Bowman" wrote: right click the IE icon on the start menu, then internet properties delete browsing history, delete all of the items one by one (cookies, forms, history, passwords, etc. etc.)
September 27th 06 10:43 AM
by boy Go to last post
0 142
change 32 bit to 64 bit by jarsil
If I install the 32 bit Vista RC1, can I do an upgrade to the 64bit version when it is released, or would I have to do a clean install of the 64 bit version
September 27th 06 11:06 AM
by rblacher Go to last post
2 156
640x480 video mode is inaccessible by Alexander E. Patrakov
Low-resolution video (640x480) is inaccessible in the Advanced options in the boot loader. To reproduce: * Boot from Windows Vista DVD, it will switch the monitor to the 1024x768 mode * To get to the "Advanced boot options" screen, the user must press F8 (access Windows Boot manager), F8 again (get advanced options for "Windows Setup "). * In "Advanced Boot Options", the user is supposed...
September 27th 06 11:28 AM
by Alexander E. Patrakov Go to last post
0 178
Install will not complete by THOMAS KOLAKOWSKI
I am trying to install Vista RC1 64-bit on a different parition as my WinXP Home edition and after it copies the files and claims to have installed the computer reboots to a blackscreen with no activity. I gave it a few minutes to see if anything is happening, but nothing happens. I do a Crtl-Alt-Del and the system reboots to a OS select screen that goes by so fast I have to reboot about 3...
September 27th 06 12:34 PM
by THOMAS KOLAKOWSKI Go to last post
0 152
Has anyone successfully used Ghost or Acronis to move Vista? by Steve Maser
From one set of hardware to another? Normally, with XP, we boot from the Ghost/Acronis CDs and make an image to an external USB hard disk. We then install this image on other PCs. We were wondering if anybody has tried this with VISTA yet with any sort of success/failure.
September 27th 06 01:17 PM
by Steve Maser Go to last post
8 215
Download and instalation by Storm
after downloading vista i can not put the iso file to a disk it is saying that my system needs to support the iso-13346 "udf" file system specification how do i know if my system supports this and what programe do i need to creat an iso image onto a dvd
September 27th 06 01:38 PM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
1 164
Remove modem before installing 5728 by Clark
Because of my experiences, I would suggest you remove any PCI modem you have installed before you try to install the RC1 Build 5728. Even though 5600 worked fine, something was changed (maybe modem.sys) that caused Blue Screens on subsequent boot attempts if a driver update was accomplished. I tried to update to 5728 twice and could not with the modem installed, but when it was removed,...
September 27th 06 02:10 PM
by Clark Go to last post
0 147
Tecra M7 graphics support under Vista by edwins
I am having the exact same issue. I tried loading the vista driver from the nVidia site and it did not detect that the computer was running vista. The nVidia site recommended that I uninstall all nVidia drivers and then install the new downlaod, which I did and still it would not install. Now I am left with the Standard VGA driver. I have tried updating on Windows Update and get an error...
September 27th 06 02:46 PM
by edwins Go to last post
0 123
Any experience with an Asus M2R32-MVP board? by Mario
First, excuse my English... Here is my config, a pretty big system: -an Asus M2R32-MVP board (ATI Xpress 3200 chipset) -Athlon X2 4200 -2 x 1G Crucial Ballistix DDR2 -3 x 250G sata Maxtor drives -Asus X1900 video card I am installing Vista RC1, with success at first. But the disk access is
September 27th 06 03:21 PM
by Mario Go to last post
0 172
Vista RC1 and other operating systems ? by Petri
Hi, I have multiple OSes on my workstation and start wondering if I should install RC1 to that. Any ideas how to deal this: First I have Grub where I can select different distros or MS world. Then I get normal NTLoader where I have WinXP, W2000 and DOS ;) Any knowledge what will be the result after the Vista ? .-Petri-.
September 27th 06 03:41 PM
by David R. Norton Go to last post
1 135
5728 x86 upgrade. Reboots after crcdisk.sys. Nforce 4 with PATA drive. by Noozer
OK... Tried Google and had a few hits, but nothing relevant... Trying to upgrade my XP Pro SP2 to Vista x86 5728. The upgrade seems to go smoothly, then the system reboots... and just keeps rebooting. If I start in safe mode the system still reboots right after crcdisk.sys is loaded. XP has all the latest updates installed. I did find one suggestion to remove the pcmcia.sys files but that...
September 27th 06 05:24 PM
by Noozer Go to last post
1 146
can't complete install by flag2006
Hello, when installation program asks me to type the product key, I have to fill it in the appropriate field, but... my keybord doesn't want to type 'M' : all other letters work but not the 'M'. I have first tried with the french keybord (my native langage) and then again with the US one. But nothing changes. I have tried several keyboards but the behavior is the same. Keyboard and mouse...
September 27th 06 05:58 PM
by flag2006 Go to last post
2 129
How does one aquire the 5728? by Rich
I only have the RC! v 5600 and after I install it ok it freezes up everytime when you go to use it. How do I get the newer RC1 releases to try?
September 27th 06 06:17 PM
by Rich Go to last post
3 121
Upgrading From Windows XP by MadMike
I want to upgrade to Vista from Windows XP, and to do this, it says I must start the installation whilst in XP, not booting from the DVD. When I try to start the installation whilst in XP, this is the error I get: "Setup can not run this version of the Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install media" Well I don't want to boot from the DVD as I can't do an upgrade...
September 27th 06 06:53 PM
by MadMike Go to last post
2 156
Dual Video Card by Martin Racette
Hi, I can not boot into Vista with both video card enable in the BIOS, everytime that I want to boot into Vista or XP, I have to go to the BIOS to Enable or Disable the second card, is there a way to boot Vista with both card enable, even if VIsta is not using SLI BTW my motherboard is an Asus A8N-SLI-Deluxe, using 2 Asus 6600GT --
September 27th 06 06:53 PM
by Martin Racette Go to last post
0 156
IIS 7.0 forms authentication by RICK
Trying to get forms authentication to work in IIS 7.0 but haveing difficulty. Thought that I had everything in place but running into trouble (i.e. cannot access page). Anyone have any detailed directions? RICK
September 27th 06 07:29 PM
by RICK Go to last post
0 151
Beta key for full version by CrazyNilus
Hello, I currently have a key for a beta 2, and i was wondering if i could use that key for teh full version of full when it's ready.
September 27th 06 07:51 PM
by Clint Go to last post
3 178
Does vista's sysprep use a "sysprep.ini" file for control? by Steve Maser
I've googled around on this and I've not seen it anywhere. And the sysprep app that's in \windows\system32 doesn't seem to have any help files associated with it. If I just run sysprep using the defaults and reboot, it (as expected) asks me for Product Key/Time Zone, etc, but it also asks for me to set up another user account.
September 27th 06 09:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post

From The