Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
won't install download by Steve Sauchinitz
I would like to install Frostwire download for burning MP3's. Vista won't run the download, It says it's not a valid Win32 application. Can I get around this?
June 25th 07 07:29 PM
by Tim Go to last post
1 125
How to remotely control apps. on a second monitor in Extended mode by Dima
Hello! Can anyone control a Divx file playback on a secondary monitor (in the Extended mode) using a remote control? I want to buy a video card with outputs for two monitors and connect its d-sub output to my HDTV Samsung 32R71B and use it as a secondary monitor in the Extended mode for video playback. I want to watch video files on the 32R71B and control the playback from a remote control....
June 25th 07 08:20 PM
by Dima Go to last post
2 122
.MP4 files extended to Xbox 360 via Vista MCE by wdwpsu
Without the use of a third party tool, is there a way I can share my .mp4 video files (which was recently added to the Xbox 360) via the Windows Media Center? I did find that I can share these by downloading the Zune software, but it makes no sense that this supports the sharing of .mp4 files natively, but Media Center does not. The Xbox doesn't even see .mp4 files via Windows Media...
June 26th 07 12:08 AM
by wdwpsu Go to last post
1 133
DVD-Drive Spins Up During Movies by flanger
When I used to watch movies in Windows XP, my DVD player would correctly spin at 1x, so as to minimize noise / vibrations. However, when I now watch movies on the same drive and computer in Vista Ultimate x64, the DVD consistently spins all the way up to maximum speed, which causes an unholy racket. So far I have determined the following: This occurs with all movie DVDs (I've tested...
June 26th 07 03:02 AM
by flanger Go to last post
0 136
Why PC Camera can only capture 15fps in Vista? by Vivian Lin
I got a digital PC camera (Vimicro) which can capture video 30fps using amcap.exe in XP. However, this camera can only capture 15fps using the same application in Vista. The camera supports USB Video Class protocol and drivers of this device in Vista&XP SP2 are system default drivers: USBHub.sys and USBVideo.sys. Actually, I tested the device in two computer. When both of them installed XP...
June 26th 07 03:04 AM
by Vivian Lin Go to last post
0 119
No pictures showing on some websites by Reyna
On gsn.com and on a quite few other sites, the pictures won't show. It's a square, where the picture should be with a little square on the top left hand corner that has a very small red circle, green triangle and blue square on it.
June 26th 07 03:19 AM
by Reyna Go to last post
0 150
Aspect Ratio Problems Importing Into Movie Maker Vista by Cthu1hu
I am having problems getting Movie Maker to import video from my digital video camera in the correct aspect ratio. I am using Vista Ultimate on a HP 9205 Pavilion laptop and a Panasonic NV-GS25 video camera. I filmed in "cinema" mode, which letterboxes a regular 4:3 image to mimic widescreen. When I import this into Movie Maker, it stretches the image horizontally, resulting in an aspect...
June 26th 07 04:48 AM
by Cthu1hu Go to last post
2 123
Windows Media player feat. Mjpeg in Vista by Hennisch
I have filmclips in the format Mjpeg filmed with my digitalcamera on my computer and when I had XP media center it all worked fine without any problems or need to download codecs. But now when I got Vista HP WMP needs to download a codec and it doesn't find any matching so the video is shown without sound. I have tried to install Codec packages like K-lite and FFdshow and with Quicktime it...
June 26th 07 06:53 AM
by Genuine User Go to last post
1 123
Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic by KitKat
Hi i have the fallowing. *Vista Ultamate. *ATI Radeon X1650. *3 Gigs of PC3200. *Athlon 64 3200+ *GYGABYE KN8SNXP (or somthing like that) motherboard. *I had realplayer installed before i upgraded all my other programs work fine. I Read here that realplayer is laggy for alot of ppl. But i have never heard
June 26th 07 06:59 AM
by KitKat Go to last post
5 121
Codec for an audio file w/ a .w4p extension by Problem running software
Does anyone know of a codec that will work with an audio file that has an ..w4p extenion? I am running Vista.
June 26th 07 07:24 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 134
AVI, Mpeg erros by Maurice09
I am running vista business, Trying to play some videos (AVI) it gives me an error message ( C00D11B1) I have installed DivX Codec and have been watching the same files when running XP and works fine, please can someone help me with this cheers
June 26th 07 07:26 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
4 149
windows media player 11 in vista ultimate by ERCHEZ
music folder just dissappeared, can not uninstall the program, can not install the program, now does not open. can anyone tell me what the hell happen? I already know Microsoft really bites.
June 26th 07 07:39 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 123
Media Player 11 by Neal Maranto
Need to watch video from a certain website for work. In version 10, could go through some video frame by frame (which I needed to do). In 11, cannot do so. Anyone know why and how to fix?
June 26th 07 07:39 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 123
Windows Media Player quit working by Centerslot
I am running Windows media player that came with Vista Ultimate 64. I was working until a few days ago. When it quit I went to my last restore point and it worked again for a few days. My automatic updater downloaded a new mess of updates last week and this morning WMP is back to the same un-operative condition. I try to open a file and nothing happens. I try to open the program and...
June 26th 07 07:43 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 143
Microsoft Photo Editor Error by Library Dragon
Help! I have been using this vista program for about 3 months without any trouble. Suddenly I can no longer view photos. Newly downloaded photos play in slide show, they open in paint but when I try to view them the pop up on the screen says "error reading file" What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.
June 26th 07 07:45 AM
by Wizard of Dundee Go to last post
1 165
Windows Media Player and Media Center not working properly by Lazy
Whenever I try to play a DVD, .avi, .mpg, etc on Windows Media Player, it plays the video with no sound and gives me the following error: Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct. But I'm on the administrator account, so it's not because I don't have...
June 26th 07 07:55 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 145
Play Video_TS folders with vista premium by Sam
Windows warns of shutdown of the program for not working properly even when, opening of the videos folder, much less trying to play a video, this is an upgrade to Vista system. help!!!!!!! -- tryit
June 26th 07 07:58 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 133
Video's by JFG
Can someone explain to me why videos from my camera will only be shown as still photos. 1. I used to be able to download videos and they worked from the same camera. 2. No error message to say what the problem is or what to do. 3. When I check the photo properties they show as 54.mb - video size. 4. When I double click to play, Windows media player only shows graphics, the same as when a song...
June 26th 07 07:59 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 194
Vista Movie Make regsvr32 /u problems...Help! by Mady0625
When I try to publish my movie I get an error message saying there was a problem with Impgd10.ax and instructions on how to remove it. It says to type regsvr32 /u under commnd prompts. I do this (under administrator) and get a message saying to register a module you must provide a binary name?? Hun??? I'm so confused and just really want o make a movie! Any advice is much appreciated.
June 26th 07 08:05 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 157
Media Player File Names by douceur
Is there any way to have Media Player name my ripped files "## - Song Name.mp3"? In particular, I would like there to be spaces around the dashes. I'm also curious if I can setup the folder structure I want, other than the overly simplistic "Rip music to this location" option. If not, WMP seems to be very lacking in this regard... There seems to be no reason I should have to fight with it...
June 26th 07 08:09 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post

From The