Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
pictures by kellygirl
I have recently upgraded to vista premium home..........the program kept all my pictures but when I try to access them it says that I do not have permission? I can see there is a lot of photos in the folders but they are not accessible........ any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated kelly
July 9th 07 02:34 AM
by kellygirl Go to last post
0 71
Recording from Tape Cassette to Wav or MP3 by Bruce
I am in the process of converting my tape cassette recordings to WAV or MP3 files by using the line-in from my taope recorder to my sound card, however, while recording, I cannot hear any sound from my speakers. On my old PC, with Windows XP, I was able to hear what was being recorded, however in Vista, I can hear nothing. It is very difficult to record something I cannot hear, ans I need...
July 9th 07 02:49 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
8 84
ALBUM ART by dirtybirdphoenix
I like to use windows media player to organize my music but i like to do it myself. i found that if i want the files to show the album art i need to go and get it my self and paste it but i can't figure out how to change it... i tried to just paste over it but if i open the folders the music is in i still see the old art and so does itunes and other programs... does anyone know how i can get...
July 9th 07 07:26 AM
by Mr. Sparkle Go to last post
1 74
DVD Maker - diashow by Rosenberg David
Hello, Is it possible to create a DVD with more than one Diashow? If yes - how?? Any suggestions? bye david
July 9th 07 10:10 AM
by Rosenberg David Go to last post
0 79
Selecting folder each time jpg is saved? by Glenda
Thanks in advance for your help... I think I may be missing the big picture here,but in XP, if you downloaded multiple jpgs to a folder, the OS automatically defaults to that folder when the "save picture as" pop-up is displayed... I didn't have to select the folder each time I saved a new jpg image... It seems with my Vista setup, when I select "save picture as" I have to select the folder...
July 9th 07 12:14 PM
by Glenda Go to last post
0 77
Vista Movie Maker - import quality. by Silverado23
Is it possible to setup movie maker to import video from DV cameras at something other than the highest resolution? We used to be able to import at a relatively low resolution and keep the overall filesize small from start to finish. We must have disk quotas enabled and typically the currently imported video is nearly 1GB for 5 minutes or less. Our output video is usually around 1MB or...
July 9th 07 03:26 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
3 96
Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off reg by sheldonj
Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly. This also happens to DVD movies. -- old dog trying to learn new tricks!
July 9th 07 04:44 PM
by sheldonj Go to last post
6 149
Media Player Compatibility with Vista by nerka
Can Windows Media Player 9 or 10 be loaded on a system running Vista and will they work?
July 9th 07 08:06 PM
by Ciccio Go to last post
2 98
Only audio from speakers when headphone is plugged in!! by Alexander_vb
Suddenly when i plugged in my headphones the speakers where working. The settings seem to have been switched!? All drivers are up to date, and the sound card is a Conexant. Hopefully someone can help, Thank you in advance
July 9th 07 09:52 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 81
Burned DVD won't play in a DVD player by dawgskitten
I created a slide show of my vacation with music and fades and burned it to a DVD+R but when I tried to play it in my DVD player to watch on tv it wouldn't work. It plays on my computer but not in my DVD player. It wouldnt even work on my mothers or my father in laws DVD players. Help.
July 10th 07 02:35 AM
by geezer10 Go to last post
4 120
Cyberlink Power DVD will not playback some DVD's by L-Dub
I tried to play a DVD titled The Illusionist and I get a popup saying "cannot play DVD due to protected content" What should I do. I have other DVD's that play perfectly fine.
July 10th 07 02:56 AM
by geezer10 Go to last post
1 86
C00D11BA error only for Midi files by Tom
I can play music files on my Toshiba P200 156, running vista however when I try to play a MIDI file from the internet I get a C00D11BA error. It suggests that my sound card is not installed correctly etc. However I don't understand how this can be the case as other sounds and files play OK. It also will not work when trying to use Real Player, however the error message is not as...
July 10th 07 03:05 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 89
Audio CD won't stick to my movie by Calf roper 4 Jesus
I have a windows XP,moviemaker. I have pictures that play like a movie one after the other but when I try to add music to it, the music won't stay with the pictures. I followed the help topics and raised the volume but the music still doesn't stay with the pictures. I'd like to have a movie with music that plays by itself, so that I don't have to manually play the CD and the Picture slide...
July 10th 07 04:18 AM
by Calf roper 4 Jesus Go to last post
0 92
Vista MCE - Xbox 360 - No files found by Jamie Pryer
Hi Al, Running vista and MCE on my 360, no files seem to be found! It finds all my folders but all the files are empty inside - suggestions?
July 10th 07 04:36 AM
by BillMonty Go to last post
1 99
media player 11 in Vista by Bobbi
After downloading and watching movies, the player suddenly won't play movies. error that comes up when I try to view a new download or an old download is this: "The file you are trying to use requires a software component on your computer to be upgraded. " When I go to the webpage to upgrade it, I get an another error message and it won't upgrade. Since I am not told what the "component" is,...
July 10th 07 05:12 AM
by Bobbi Go to last post
0 87
Streaming audio from Vista to media receiver by phannigan
Vista Home Premium to SMC WAA-B Media receiver. I cannot play any music from my pc when trying to access from SMC media receiver. I can "see" all of the musica as the folder has been shared but I am not able to play it. Do I need to change any settings in Vista in order to to this? Thanks.
July 10th 07 06:48 AM
by Billy007 Go to last post
1 91
Vista Media Center QUESTION by BuilderBoy2
I am building a new home, and thinking about using Media Center for my home entertainment system: I Know I can use up to 5 extenders. Here are my questions I hope you can help me: 1. How many Cable Card feeds can I install into the main Media PC? 2. How many different TV Shows can go to different TV's: 3. I assume the Extenders will feed into my AV Recievers for Digital Sound
July 10th 07 09:03 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 97
no onscreen volume/brightness image by MG
I used to have the volume show on my screen when I used the quick access buttons, but now I just hear the beep, but no image(graphic) shows. Same for brightness. THe volume works.
July 10th 07 10:12 AM
by MG Go to last post
0 78
Virtual folder !!?? by Louis
Hi everybody, I experience issues with virtual folder when i try to create new folders to hold some music. is it possible to disable this feature ? thanks a lot Louis
July 10th 07 10:22 AM
by franck Go to last post
2 109
Video card does not meet minimum requirements by Charles
Hello all, when I try to use Windows DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker, I get the following message: Video card does not meet minimum requirements. This is simply not true, and if I had a Microsoft official in front of me, I would like to grab him by the shirt and shake him or her (just kidding but I am really frustrated) Here's the deal: I have an ATI Radeon 9250 series AGP video card 128 MB...
July 10th 07 12:32 PM
by Charles Go to last post

From The