Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
media player and media center by Jmd52374
When I try to play video that was uploaded from my camcorder both media player and media center will not work. When trying to play through media player the player cancels itself and the media center can't recognize the file. I just upgraded to vista home premium.
March 23rd 07 12:14 PM
by Jmd52374 Go to last post
0 167
photo gallery issue by HKK
Hello, Whenever a movie is come across in photo gallery the app crashes. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for this. This is very annoying with slideshows :) HK
March 23rd 07 02:31 PM
by HKK Go to last post
0 134
Audio Playback skipping & stuttering by Josh
I've been experiencing the same problem now. I have disabled all enhancements as well as unchecked the exclusive mode option. The stuttering/skipping is better and WMP loads a song much quicker but still hasn't completely fixed the problem. Playback still skips, granted not as often now. Anyone still having problems after these modifications? Does anyone have a fix? Dell seems to think its...
March 23rd 07 05:54 PM
by Josh Go to last post
0 121
copying/extracting mp3 files to 'library' by northwestgirlie
I have many mp3 format music files stored on DVD which I had no problem in copying or tranferring on Win XP or Win 98 versions through File Manager etc. Now I have Vista Premium Home, the mp3's on the DVD's play OK on Media Player, can create and save a playlist from the E drive, see the library details of each folder/songs etc on the E drive DVD on the laptop great, but I am having great...
March 23rd 07 08:46 PM
by northwestgirlie Go to last post
0 133
Turn of picture player zoom feature? by just bob
It's making my images look like interpolated crap! Is there a way to turn this off so the slide show displays pictures at the actual size us photographers intended? Thanks, -Bob
March 23rd 07 09:05 PM
by just bob Go to last post
0 131
PSP by Amrykid
my PSP will not show in windows media player 11. is there a add-in.
March 24th 07 12:53 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 357
After Sleep Mode, WMPlayer Vista Empty by Herb
after I put my system in sleep mode, after a few hours when I open WMP, I loose all of my songs. After a few minutues the media player searchers and reloaded the songs back. How can I stop this from happening???
March 24th 07 01:28 AM
by Herb Go to last post
0 164
Windows Movie Maker 6 encoding/publishing question by matt
In WMM 2.1 (from XP), there are tons of options to use when encoding video; and often when I want to save space, or am just doing a simple video to put online, I will encode in the small 512kb/s (320x240 or 428x240). if I need decent quality, I’ve never needed more than the 1mb/s or 2mb/s settings. However, it seems that versatility is now lost in WMM 6; especially when it comes to...
March 24th 07 04:53 AM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 124
Bluetooth pocket pc by GoofyMN
How can I synchronise music on my pocket PC usin WMP11 and Vista? The pocket pc is correctly reconised by Vista and can synchronise outlook + pictures,... but it is not recognised in WMP. How can I add this device?
March 24th 07 08:39 AM
by GoofyMN Go to last post
2 152
IFO? BUP? VOB? WTH??? by Jasonasaur
I don't want to hear anything about what's legal or illegal, because my computer (Vista Basic) came up with the same crap when I tried to copy a DVD as it did when I tried to CREATE a DVD with the program that actually came with my computer! It goes through the whole process, __% done, and all that, I wait and wait, and when it's done, I look at the file that I saved the move in and here's...
March 24th 07 11:46 AM
by Neerav Kothari Go to last post
8 171
importing video by Sowenna
I am trying to import video from my JVC GR-DX95EK dv camera into either - import video or preferably windows movie maker. When I try both I get a message telling me that import video is already running wait for it to finish and try again, but nothing is being imported. Can anyone help?
March 24th 07 01:11 PM
by Sowenna Go to last post
0 140
Sounds Cuts Out by -XpliciT-
My sound will work for about 5-10 min or less, then it just cuts off.. the video does the same as well sometimes. Only happened when I updated to Vista, any suggestions??
March 24th 07 01:16 PM
by -XpliciT- Go to last post
0 167
Publishing from Movie Maker by snoki
I have a small crip (6min) ready in Movie Maker and once I try publishing it movie maker closes without any warning/error messages. And that is irrespective of the setting I select.
March 24th 07 06:53 PM
by snoki Go to last post
0 126
can't set up media extender by Edison
Am running Vista. Trying to connect to Xbox thru media center. I keep getting a warning that I have an extra firewall (I have Onecare) and directions on how to configure. I tell Onecare to allow Xbox connection. I type in the eight digits to connect to the Xbox, it says it is configuring, then I get 'configuration error' -- with no indication what the problem is. Is there a solution?
March 24th 07 09:03 PM
by Edison Go to last post
2 127
Photo Gallery bottom is not white by Serafin
Hi, My problem occurs when I click to a photo and see it expanded in the Photo Gallery of Windows Vista: the bottom of the photo isn't white (it's cream color or beige, but not white), consequently, the white colors of the photo turns to that cream color too, and the image color is distorted. How can I repair this problem? Anybody else have this problem? Thanks to all answers and have a...
March 27th 07 07:15 AM
by David Follis Go to last post
1 134
iTunes by Rosie G
I just upgraded to windows vista, I cant use my iTunes with it though, whenever i try to start the program my computer shuts down I see a blue screen and when i restart it tells me that this program cannot run discover, can anyone help
March 27th 07 03:42 PM
by Hannes Engelbrecht Go to last post
4 265
Flash Player by Nameless
Hi, Please help. I am unable to use any flash sites or greeting card sites. I have Adobe Shockwase Flash Player and my new computer running Vista doesn't seem to know it is even installed. Try to install Adobe Flash player 9, but am unable to do so. Just won't download. Any help would be highly appreciated.
March 27th 07 10:29 PM
by Smithy Go to last post
5 154
to change music to mp3 format by Bboy
need help changin WMA to MP3 format.. idk wat 2 do?????
March 27th 07 11:01 PM
by Bboy Go to last post
0 139
BSplayer & VLC Problems by d
Hello. Since installing Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, the only program I'm able to see video in is Windows Media Player. I also use BSplayer and VLC, which worked perfectly on Windows XP, but do not show any image when opening any type of file (it's not a codec problem, the same files work with WMP, and I can hear the audio stream of the file, yet not to see the video.) What can I do...
March 27th 07 11:01 PM
by marios_gatos Go to last post
2 164
WMP 11 Sound Breaks-Up Stutters last 20 seconds every song by farbuncle
go to the general discussion group and search for "sound skips" you should find the answer "Frustrated Music Fan" wrote: WMP 11 Vista - The sopund breaks up or stutters on every song for the last 20 seconds. This is incredibly annoying. Is there a patch or download or setting modification. Sony Vaio laptop.... Thanks,
March 27th 07 11:04 PM
by farbuncle Go to last post

From The