Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Windows Media Player 11 Toolbar (WMP11) by Zappo
The WMP11 toolbar does not work for me. Although enabled, the wmp goes simply to the taskbar when minimised, as any other program. No control elements as in WinXP. Any tweaks for it?
April 4th 07 03:26 PM
by arknu Go to last post
3 103
Sound in windows movie maker by ejrtorres2004
When I transfer video from my digital camera to the computer, the sound doesn't work in the windows movie maker or on any other program. How can I fix this problem? Any other video will play sound, just not the ones that I put on here from my camera.
April 4th 07 01:47 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 92
Vista Movie Maker Project to XP by ECA
I currently have a Movie Project completed using VISTA and want to make a DVD. My DVD burner is on a XP machine. Any ideas how I can get his movie to my XP machine to burn the DVD?l
April 4th 07 11:37 AM
by DominicM Go to last post
1 83
Is it possbile to use a laptop as an extender? by Dan41867
I have a TV tuner hooked up to my desktop and was wondering if it is possible to set up my laptop which is also running Vista to watch live TV. I have Vista Ultimate on my desktop and Windows Premium on my laptop. The desktop and laptop are connected via wireless network.
April 5th 07 12:34 PM
by Dana Cline - MVP Go to last post
2 141
DVD maker on business edition by micheal
is it possible to download the dvd maker or movie maker for business edition. or are you stuck with buying premium or ultimate for them.
April 5th 07 09:45 AM
by Graham Hughes Go to last post
1 101
ITunes not working with windows XP or Vista? by mfink81
Hey everyone, I am hoping I am not the only one with this problem but, we'll see. My problem is using ITunes with windows XP and more recently, windows Vista Premium. ITunes works for a few days then afterwhich it stops working. It doesn't even execute! It always is very slow to open but now it wont even open. Does anybody have a sugguestion, solution, or have the same problem as i do?...
April 5th 07 12:40 AM
by mfink81 Go to last post
0 105
Viewing Pictures using a MAC by Darkmonster
OK, heres the problem... I have an HP DV6000 Laptop, it has the basic 'Vista' package installed.... I took some pictures on my digital camera, downloaded then to my laptop & burned them onto a cd for a friend... He has a MAC...and cannot open the pictures... I talked to another friend who's a bit of a techie, he suggested naming all the files as 'jpg' as opposed to 'img' whaich is how they...
April 5th 07 01:53 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 93
BURNING DVDS by NAUTIGUIDE
WEVE MADE A MOVIE WITH MOVIE MAKER IN VISTA, AND BURNT IT WITH DVD MAKER IN VISTA, BUT IT DOESNT WORK IN THE DVD PLAYER. SAYS CANT READ DISK. THE DISK USED IS A 8X-R. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP IN EASY ENGLISH FOR ME. IT WAS FOR MY NEPHEWS BDAY, AND ITS ALREADY TOO LATE TO SEND.
April 5th 07 12:32 PM
by Dana Cline - MVP Go to last post
2 102
Windows Media Centre won't add music folders by Paul Graham
I run Vista Ultimates WMC, go to Library Setup and use the Add Folders option to point to my music folders. No luck. WMC just seems to get stuck with the smaller window "Adding Media" showing the "Searching for files..." message, but it never seems to find anything. My music files are a mix of mp3, wav, m3u - i've tried adding other folders with small amounts of music in, for a test, but its...
April 5th 07 03:35 PM
by Paul Graham Go to last post
0 106
Media Player stopped playing my music by jzm1kh
Can anyone help? Windows Media player 11 was working fine on my new Vista laptop then suddenly it stopped playing my music (mp3 mainly) files. They ow crackle for a second and then play with no sound (slowly). Video work fine. THe music files also work fine through real so its not the files. Can understand it cause it happened suddenly. Thanks
April 3rd 07 08:18 PM
by jzm1kh Go to last post
0 120
Vista Business compatible TV viewing software? by Noozer
Can someone suggest TV/PVR software that will run on Vista Business edition, assuming that the TV tuner had supported drivers already installed and working? Thx!
April 3rd 07 04:03 PM
by Noozer Go to last post
0 116
Line In by Turn on audio Line In chanel
How can I turn on my Audio Line In Chanel.
April 5th 07 09:56 AM
by mubd Go to last post
3 320
DVD Video but no sound. by patshamrock
I installed a Creative X-fi sound card under Vista Ultimate. When I play a DVD in media player, I get video but no sound. When I play a DVD in another player, all is well. Other audio files (CD, MP3s, avi) work fine. Creative said "call Microsoft." My previous sound card, a Realtek AC'97, worked OK. Thanks Pat
April 5th 07 03:12 AM
by manitou man Go to last post
1 111
Com Surrogate Problem by RL08
Whenever I open a folder containg video, and use the thumbnail view, this "COM Surrogate" stops working epeatedly until I swith to "details" view or cose the folder.This also happens when I use Media Center to try playing the file-when Media Center goes to pull up the thumbnails, it stops working. Can anybody suggest what the problem might be?
April 5th 07 02:56 PM
by Crazy Canuck Go to last post
5 132
Vista & IE7 & You Tube by Buz Fuller
I log on to You Tube to view video, You Tube tells me I need Flash Player. I go to Adobe web site and download latest flash player. It tells me download and install was successful. I still can't view videos on You Tube. Anyone have a clue? Is there somthing in browser settings that I need to Change?
April 3rd 07 11:56 PM
by Reinaldo Go to last post
5 103
how to search music/pictures/videos in vista??? by Neerav Kothari
it used to be easy in xp. it would allow me to search for a particular file type without actually typing a name. i want to be able to search for all pictures (of all supported types) in a particular folder. when i click search i get options to search for pictures but i have to enter some keywords. can anyone help please? Neerav
April 4th 07 06:01 PM
by Dave Johnson [MSFT] Go to last post
6 97
Vista Movie Maker Transition Problems by kpcarson
Using Windows Vista Business Edition, when a create a project using Movie Maker, after adding transitions, I am able to preview the project and all looks fine. After saving the project, I reload the project to continue work, and I am no longer able to preview the project or play it. At this point, if I go back and remove the transitions, I can once again preview and play, however, I have...
April 4th 07 03:40 AM
by MarkT Go to last post
1 134
javascript by marine
I cannot play any videos in my browser? somthing about the javascript not working. I have installed java over and over. I try to play videos on myspace.com page and they won't play, what is worng with my computer?
April 4th 07 08:08 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 100
Windows Vista Dvd Maker Problem with encoding by chris
Sorry if i am in the wrong spot but i am having trouble burning a dvd on my new desktop. I am trying to burn a copy of a movie that i have on my computer, and i get through all the steps of fixing the text and setting up the style of my dvd. Then i click to burn my dvd it goes through encoding till it reaches 0.5% done, then takes about 10 mins, and i get a message from windows vista saying...
April 4th 07 11:38 AM
by Chris Go to last post
5 109
WMP Crashes by ffnut
Whenever I try to play a video file with WMP I get BSOD. I'm running Vista 32bit. Details: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Files that help describe the problem
April 5th 07 04:36 PM
by ffnut Go to last post

From The