Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
problems created by copy pasting large volumes of info by vtkach
My work requires me to copy/past large volumes of info, normally from the internet to word files (sometimes 400 pages in one go). Invariably, over time, I notice that all my computers start slowing down or crashing, even though I do nothing more complex than the above operation. What is the problem and what can I do to resolve it? Thanks
October 27th 07 09:37 AM
by vtkach Go to last post
0 55
Windows Media Player Playback by Brian Altenhofel
When playing audio in Windows Media Player, for about the final 10 seconds of a song the playback sounds like a CD skipping (best description I can come up with). This doesn't happen if I don't have another song in the playlist. It happens whether or not I have any plugins or visualizations enabled. This only occurs in Windows Media Player and not in WinAmp. I personally prefer WinAmp,...
June 9th 07 09:23 AM
by Gideon_CC Go to last post
1 54
EXCEL spreadsheet running slow by P.J.
My unit is Acer 5570 intel core solo 1.86GHz, DDR2 1536MB, Window Home VISTA Basic. Office 2003, when i am plugged / connected on LAN my EXCEL spreadsheet running too much slow but I tried to unplugged it was quite good than to connected. Also, when printing in LAN too much slow. What was the problem?
August 21st 07 09:46 PM
by P.J. Go to last post
0 54
incomplete driver setup by Dr. Dhiraj[_2_]
hi, how do i delete / end an incomplete driver installation process ? i was installing the driver software for my bluetooth device, suddenly the power tripped and the computer switched off in between the setup process. next, when i swiched on the computer, the installation did not comtinue. instead it is preventing other start-up programs to run.
September 12th 07 10:26 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 54
Backing Up files by Julie
Hi I have tried several times to back up my files to a disc all I keep getting is back up failed Access is denied (0X80070005) can any one help I have a new computer running on Vista premium.
September 18th 07 08:44 PM
by Julie Go to last post
0 54
Photo Gallery Crash by Billellc
Photo Gallery will crash after 10 seconds. And says Windows photo has stopped working. Windows is checking for solution to problem. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify you if a solution is avalible. How and when will they notify me? And what can i do so i wont loose 300 plus photos?? It was working fine for about 4 months.
December 8th 07 10:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 54
CHDSK message Vista won't boot by Ken[_23_]
Hello, I get the following message on my VISTA computer and I need to know is the hard drive dead and will I have to FDISK, or equivalent and reload windows from restore disk, or can Windows Vista be recovered without wipind the hard drive clean by and FDISK. Here is the screen: " Chcecking the file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. One of your disks needs to be checked for...
October 23rd 09 06:01 AM
by Ken[_23_] Go to last post
0 53
Windows Vista disc defragmenter by engsurv
When I modify the schedule,then exit, then re enter the schedule next run says " never " and no defrag is done. I can still do a manual defrag. Any idears what is wrong please?
September 20th 07 06:04 PM
by engsurv Go to last post
1 53
Any Software to Analyze Hard Disk Capacity? by Jungleyes
During the past few weeks I have faced the problem of lost some GBs from my Hard Disk! My Hard Disk's Capacity is 500 Gbs! However, when I add together Program Files, Documents and Settings and any other leftovers they don't reach even the amount of 350 Gbs! So, I reckon that I have hidden (lost) some Gbs in my Hard Disk! In the past I used a software that used to analyze my Hard Disk Data i.e....
October 18th 09 06:39 PM
by Jungleyes Go to last post
0 52
wpdmtpdr.dll will not let Vista go into sleep mode by danielb
My computer is Vista Premium will not go into sleep mode. Under the performance information it says that wpdmtpdr.dll is causing Vista to not go into sleep mode, if I dont use it anymore I should uninstall it. I believe the problem started when WMP 11 recognized my Mp3 player (a creative zen sleek photo). I don'tknow hwo to fix the problem. Can anyone help me out?
May 20th 07 11:50 PM
by danielb Go to last post
0 52
wrong picture by t-4-2[_99_]
Vista Home premium SP2, IE8, WLM 14.0.0726 I've probably posted in the wrong newsgroup. Just a day ago, I installed Windows Live Messenger. I inserted my picture as profile for the Messenger. I notice that the picture profile now shows up at top right of the WLM window. It used to have my regular sign-in profile which is generic. It is not a problem, I just wonder how did my picture get...
October 6th 09 09:44 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
0 51
Vista SP2 in other language than English? by Jungleyes
Hello! I have installed Windows Vista Home SP1 (Greek Version) and if I try to download and update to SP2 it says that SP2 is supported only in 5 particular languages and I cannot install this update before will be released in my language! Is any way to "SKIP" this step and update my OS cause I want it a lot! I cannot wait a century for microsoft to release SP2 in Greek! I have already faced many...
October 20th 09 10:21 PM
by Jungleyes Go to last post
0 50
Mouse Freezing when brought out of sleep mode. by novella8056
When our computer goes into sleep mode and we try to wake it the mouse is frozen. We have to restart to allow us to use the mouse. Is there a fix for this? -- novella8056
October 21st 09 01:31 PM
by novella8056 Go to last post
0 49
WHY WON'T IT PRINT by Sandee
I have a Dell desktop computer & a Aser laptop, both running Vista Home Premium. I have a HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one printer. I also have a wireless router. From the desktop computer I can print just fine but I cannot print from my laptop. I have tried Adding a New Printer. It runs through all the steps. I have tried selecting "use an existing port" and when that didn't work I...
June 12th 08 02:17 AM
by JW Go to last post
8 9
Deleted Printer but icon still there & printer wont auto install & wont print by tim
Hello, I deleted the printer but the icon in the control panel/printers wont go away,and when i try to print,it says the pritner has been deleted. But it looks like because the deleted printer icon is still in the control panel/printers,the printer does not auto install at all,whether i switch it off,unplug it from the pc etc thanks
October 4th 07 06:31 PM
by tim Go to last post

From The