Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer by MarkC
I have a wireless LAN with the printer attached to desktop computer. My Sony VGNFS640 with VISTA Home Premium recognizes the LAN and shows me the remote printer (and shared files) but when I try to have the computer recognize the printer, I get an access denied message. I have disabled the firewall on the desktop but the Access Denied message is still there. Any suggestions?
March 9th 07 12:34 AM
by Barry Go to last post
1 234
Device Drivers by [email protected]
While I think generally the Vista experience is pretty good, lack of support by manufacturers for timely repsonse to AT LEAST the level of functionality before switching to Vista is deplorable. This is a definite image hit/customer relations nightmare for the entire WINTEL complex! Manufacturers, we consumers that create the very platform that you survive/thrive on are entitled to a better...
March 3rd 07 01:03 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
1 181
Vista 64-Bit, HP 820CSE and Linksys PPSX1 Print Server Problem by [email protected]
I have an ancient HP 820CSE attached to an equally ancient Linksys PPSX1 version 1 on my home network. The printer and printer server work fine from my other computers running XP on the network, but when I try to print from Vista, the printer starts feeding the paper, hangs, and then eventually shuts down. It does not print, and I do not get a print error. I have the printer set up on the network...
March 4th 07 09:38 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 234
installing a lexmark x5150 printer by jstanley
printer installs and says it is running properly however when i try to print i get nan error code of 0000006. HELP can anyone tell mme what is wrong????? printer worked just fine on my XP.
March 4th 07 09:39 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 222
Canon Multipass F50 Drivers by Kbach
Canon says they haven't developed any drivers yet for the Multipass F50. Anybody have any suggestions?
March 4th 07 09:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 174
Lexmark 5470 printer installation? by irishpal
I also have had Lexmark problems - the 5470 isn't listed in the compatability list and when I use the Lexmark disc it states "windows for 32-bit Systems? Printer worked fine before, but can't get Vista to recognize it - I plugged it in and out of the USB ports, but the system doesn't accept it! Any ideas?
March 6th 07 04:18 AM
by Ed. Go to last post
1 177
bug with HP710C driver for Vista 64 ? by Touch25
Vista well recognized my printer and installed the driver good. Some orders operation like the print of the page test. But the printing of a text page written with the Note Pad, for example, does not work. The carriage briefly vibrates but does not move. The driver works well with XP 32bit. Could you help me ?
March 7th 07 04:11 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 301
Can't print with compaq ij650 by compmezz
Old computer crashed, had to buy new notebook with vista. hp does not have a vista version for the drivers. i downloaded the xp drivers -- on hp's advice --- and things worked for one day. now, i can see the printer on the control panel - but nothing prints. i am really not computer saavy and don't want to buy a new printer.
March 8th 07 01:18 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 212
printer by Joseph
bt paperjet 65- i cannot get it to print --ive run the disc-----bt paperjet 65 is not on the list of printers on the computer---what do i need to do please ?.
March 10th 07 01:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 181
.tif file saved from vista fax cann't be opened properly with Paint by Nguyen Minh Tuan
hi, my problem is In my daily jobs, i have frequently saved faxes in .tif file and then later opened it with MS Paint. This is very easy for me before with Winfax Pro and Windows XP. But now, i turn to Vista, using Vista Fax. and i got a big problem Whenever i have tried to save faxes from Vista built-in fax in .tif and opened it with MS Paint, the file format was distorted. it doesn't...
March 1st 07 09:35 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 189
Canon M600 by FwM
Since I installed the printer and its driver which is allegedly Vista compatible, I am facing two problems: 1) Windows' Windows are becoming unstable when the printer is on. 2) The printer never quite manages to print the document. Although no error is being reported. Please fix it or advise.
February 28th 07 11:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 263
WEB Printing Problems by PA Bear
Forwarded on a hunch to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) CPenzone wrote: I cannot print any WEB pages all I get is a printed page that shows file://C:\DOCUME-1\Temp\XXUH0L61.htm with the date at the end of the line, this is at the bottom of the printed page, on emails the print does not
March 10th 07 12:17 AM
by CPenzone Go to last post
1 172
Epson Printer and Vista is a NIGHTMARE! by BHSHockeyMom
We just got a brand new computer (Gateway) with Vista Home Premium installed. Buying a new computer I did not think that the whole experience would be such a nightmare as we have upgraded computers and kept the same printer without any problems. This time it is a MAJOR problem!! We bought a new 3 in 1 Epson CX7800 back in the summer so because the printer was new I did not think it would be a...
February 22nd 07 05:01 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 203
Scan Good but Fax Preview Bad by SKassam
Does anyone know why Windows Fax and Scan does a great scan (clear) and then when using the Fax preview before sending the fax, the view is not clear? Is there some setting that I need to change?
February 23rd 07 06:35 PM
by RichMc Go to last post
1 206
Slow printing by Jamie- knows nothing about computers!
I am trying to print invitations. I have windows xp and a 4-in-1 dell printer. I cannot get the printer to print. It says the jobs are in que... but they stay there for hours.... what do I do?
February 22nd 07 04:57 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 232
Printer Always Offline by Robert Karp
I have two PCs (one XP SP2 and one Vista Premium), two printers, and a cable modem all connected through a linksys router. Every time I start the Vista machine, one of the printers is always offline. I have not found a way to get the printer online other than to delete it and then add it. This always works but is a bit of a pain to have to do on every start. Anyone encounter this yet?
February 24th 07 08:35 PM
by Bonder5 Go to last post
1 195
Windows vista drivers on 2k3 print server? by Matthew M \(UK\)
Has anyone had any luck with vista drivers on 2k3 servers? Does point and print still work?!
February 26th 07 04:11 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 203
Questions w/ fax by Timber
Our business is upgrading/downgrading from Winfax since no longer supported. MS Fax seems to be the next logical alternative but I have some questions. This applies to a SBS Server w/ clients using XP and Vista. First, It appears that all clients "share" the same fax account. Even though the user name appears different on the sender info, the inbox/outbox folders display all company...
February 28th 07 01:43 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 146
HP Scanjet 4600 by Michel
Hi I have the HP Scanjet 4600and I just installed Windows Vista, The Scanner is not compatible with Vista, I check the HP website and they advise to wait until Late March, Anyone have a solution?. Thanks Michel
February 27th 07 07:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Vista will not fully load to log in screen Canon Multi Function mp390 seems to be the problem by Remind
Hi all, wonder if anyone can offer me some suggestions. For the past 2 weeks, every time I've had to reboot Vista, it would hang just before the log in screen. My Dell pc diagnostic lights one front of box were showing 1 and 2 for longer than normal during bios startup. after 30 seconds or so, they went off and Vista tried to load, but very slow So I tried changing ram cards, as lights 1 and 2...
March 10th 07 08:21 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The