Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
blocked driver by bob
have just installed vista and the driver for Samsung ML1610 will not install. I get message "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT4.0 drivers" can anyone help,Please.
February 12th 07 10:40 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 250
Vista won't print my pictures by Mad Cow
I just upgraded to Vista 32bit Home Premium, and now my HP Photosmart 7450 will no longer print pictures. It processes print jobs just fine through Word. When I select a group (or single) of pictures and adjust the print preferences to Max DPI with HP Premium Photo paper on a 4 by 6, it sends the print job to the printer queue, but the job just disappears after a few seconds with nothing...
February 13th 07 01:19 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 203
Spooler Subsystem WAS CLOSED by kfoutts
I've seen this error all over but haven't seen a solution. When my computer starts I get an error stating the spooler subsytem app has stopped working as WAS Closed. It doesn't say needs to close. I think this is a driver problem but I can't remove the printer with the bad driver or update the driver because the spooler won't stay open long enough to get to it. ideas?
February 13th 07 06:10 PM
by kfoutts Go to last post
0 167
Canon MF5630 printer/ Belkin All in One Print Server by Mattymoo
Hi I run my Canon multifunction printer through the Belkin wireless print server. When I upgraded to Vista (Ultimate) it all worked fine for a few days, then the printer started to error. If I delete the printer and unistall/ reinstall the print server it works fine for a while then errors again I'm not technical enough to know if its the server or the printer that's the problem. From...
February 13th 07 08:06 PM
by Mattymoo Go to last post
0 234
epson 950/960 by Epson Printer & Scanner
Hi can anyone tell me if the american 960 printer is the same as the european 950. Thanks
February 13th 07 10:29 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 157
Canon FB620U - Office 2007 Scan OK - Vista F & Scan NO ? by Wonderman
Installed a Canon FB620U in Vista Ultimate and it scnas into Office scan just fine. Vista FAx & Scan does not see the scanner. Any ideas appreciated. Sorry - cross posted.
February 14th 07 02:16 AM
by Wonderman Go to last post
4 263
Publisher 2003 by Walt
I have Vista as my OS, and running Publisher 2003. I installed an hp all-in-one printer and there are multiple problems. Major one is: any document over 4 pages, text and color graphics, the color graphics wont print after 4 (sometimes 3) pages. Text prints fine. Pictures don't appear. Major two: printer gets "stuck" from time to time, and ties up my enitre machine. Wont let me close the...
February 14th 07 06:27 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 287
Printing to USB on Vista from DOS? by Jonne70
I desperately need to print from my Dos-program to a printer that is connected with USB. Seems like the "net use lpt1 \\computername\printername" in Vista does not work at all! My Dos-program just gets a fatal error when trying to print. Tried various programs like dosprn, but none seems to work on Vista. My setup is as follows: 2 computers connected trough a router. 1 printer, connected...
February 14th 07 11:29 AM
by Davide Guolo Go to last post
4 364
Drivers needed HP Photosmart 7150 by Charlie
I have Vista home Pre installed on computer. I can't find any drivers for HP Photosmart 7150 Printer. If anybody knows or has them Please help me. Thanks Charlie
February 14th 07 03:29 PM
by BobC Go to last post
1 184
Drivers for Vista home pre by Charlie
Need drivers for HP oficejet 4215 XI all in one Printer OS Vista home pre. Any help please!
February 14th 07 05:48 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 282
sortware by Dennis Bair
how to get the printer manager to work when I try to install the software I get wrong operating system and need administrators permission why doesn't hp comply with windows or how do I bypass this it sure is nice to use the program Thanks
February 14th 07 05:57 PM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
2 401
Alternative Fax program? by Nigel Molesworth
As Home Premium does not have a Fax program, can anyone suggest an alternative? Nothing fancy, just something that I can print to that will send a fax to a number I type. I guess a sent log would be handy. -- Nigel M
February 15th 07 03:01 PM
by SpaGuru Go to last post
3 267
DOS Network Printing by Miss Conduct
I have an old DOS program and need to network print between 2 machines. I am printing from Vista to XP. I have tried using a NET USE command and it is asking for a login and password for the XP machine and there is no password set. Anyone having any luck with this?
February 15th 07 05:48 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 203
Vista & CanoScan 5200F by Kim S
Running Vista 64-bit. MB is Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Intel Core Duo and 4Gb RAM. Have installed Canon drivers for Scanner for Vista 64Bit. During boot, the scanner is initialised and it appears correct in My Computer/Units. But both Vista's scannerprogram and VueScan claims there is no scanner attached. Have tried different USB-port. What can I do ? Regards, Kim
February 15th 07 06:01 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
4 242
HP Photosmart 8750 over network by TheBigDog
Hi all, I have an HP Photosmart 8750 printer that I have connected to my router and assigned an IP. Vista sees the printer and is able to print to the device, however once I hit print the printer starts printing the document out. After about 10 seconds I get a blue screen from Vista and then the system reboots and the print stops. I can print to this fine through my Windows XP machine so...
February 15th 07 06:07 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 271
Deploying printers with GPO by A Lake
Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers on a machine bases using GPOs. When I try to added a printer using the \\server\name path, I always get the message 'Addition failed' When I browse for printers I only see those that are NOT shared on the print server - and even adding them generates an error of 'The printer name is invalid'
February 15th 07 06:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 291
56k PCI Data Fax Modem Usage by UWrikkers
I recently purchased a new Dell Dimension E521 and i had a 56k pci data fax modem installed at the factory. I am not very computer savy and have no idea how to even get the fax reader up. All that i can find within the various help screens is "A collection of settings for sending and receiving faxes using a particular fax modem or fax server. Before you can send or receive faxes in Windows,...
February 15th 07 08:22 PM
by UWrikkers Go to last post
1 205
Printer point and print security specifications for Vista whitepaper by Alan Morris [MSFT]
Printer point and print security specifications for Vista. Contains policy information for machines on a domain. http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/c/5/9c5b2167-8017-4bae-9fde-d599bac8184a/VistaPnPSec.doc other good Vista print white papers. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/print/default.mspx
February 15th 07 11:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
0 247
Extra Lexmark/Vista drivers available: X7350 by Dweebs
Hi, Lexmark has nade the drivers available for Vista for my X7350 all in one printer. It seems to work okay now. There might be other drivers in there too. Look at http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_920309141_0_en,00.html for your printers and their Vista drivers. There are still more to come. Regards, Dweebs
February 16th 07 01:39 AM
by John Go to last post
1 233
Print Spooler Service by Kevin
I cannot for the life of me get this thing figured out. Everytime I try to install the driver for my Lexmark X4270 printer, it won't work because the print spooler is not started. When I try to start the print spooler service, it won't let me, I get an Error 1068 message. The weird thing is, is that the scanner works perfectly fine with another program that I have for document editing, so...
February 16th 07 03:54 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The