Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Event ID:7031 by JJ le Grange
I am getting the following error withthe print spooler using Win Vista Ultimate : Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2007/02/23 10:48:38 AM Event ID: 7031 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic
February 23rd 07 08:24 AM
by JJ le Grange Go to last post
0 180
Scan Good but Fax Preview Bad by SKassam
Does anyone know why Windows Fax and Scan does a great scan (clear) and then when using the Fax preview before sending the fax, the view is not clear? Is there some setting that I need to change?
February 23rd 07 06:35 PM
by RichMc Go to last post
1 206
HP AIO Full software suite is out by mlai
Just noticed on HP website. I downloaded for my C6180 and everything seems to work fine. The software suite is for Vista x86/x64 and also XP. However, the Windows Scan and Fax program (in Business + Ultimate) does not seem to work with the C6180 when networked. I have not tried it when connected directly via USB. Go get it, boys!
February 24th 07 01:23 AM
by mlai Go to last post
0 194
MS Access 2003 No Preview or Reports by Micah
Using the account which I loaded Vista Home Premium, Access 2003 will not let me create any reports, view or print any thing from my databases. I have about 13 databases each having anywhere from 10-15 tables. Is this something dealing with permissions? Or do I need to move back to Windows XP Professional?
February 24th 07 03:15 AM
by Micah Go to last post
2 216
Brother MFC-4550 Plus driver not working with Vista by CG-Jenkintown
Any ideas on how to get the Windows Vista Home Premium(64-bit) "built in" driver for a Brother MFC-4550 Plus to work ? I have called Brother and they throw up their hands and say it is Microsoft who needs to resolve this problem - Brother also says that the MFC-4550 Plus needs the "BMFC virtual port" for this to work.
February 24th 07 03:53 AM
by CG-Jenkintown Go to last post
9 171
Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan by Jose
Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon MP780 or know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I can use the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use software on Vista x86 (32-bit).
February 24th 07 01:03 PM
by Jose Go to last post
4 221
Printer Always Offline by Robert Karp
I have two PCs (one XP SP2 and one Vista Premium), two printers, and a cable modem all connected through a linksys router. Every time I start the Vista machine, one of the printers is always offline. I have not found a way to get the printer online other than to delete it and then add it. This always works but is a bit of a pain to have to do on every start. Anyone encounter this yet?
February 24th 07 08:35 PM
by Bonder5 Go to last post
1 195
My printer prints only the top of the page. by Mattesonjd
I just upgraded to Vista. Of course the printer I had was not compatable with Vista so I went and got a new printer. I selected a Canon Pixma. The problem was I could not get the thing to print. It would print the top inch or so of a page, pause for several minutes, and spit out the page. Almost two hours with Canon technical support did not solve the problem. I took the printer back...
February 24th 07 09:27 PM
by Mattesonjd Go to last post
0 183
HP Series D Printer by gingerman59
When I install my HP Series D "all in one" Printer/Scanner/fax it installs ok and I can scan from it however when I print the queue seems to empty ok, no errors but nothing actually comes out the printer? Any ideas please? The HP web site doesn't help, just says I must use the driver that comes with Vista... Regards, Martin
February 25th 07 08:32 AM
by gingerman59 Go to last post
0 252
canon all in one and vista by errjan
is there a way I can get my canon mp390 working with vista please, I cannot download it from the net or from originall cd, Thanking you in advance
February 25th 07 07:40 PM
by errjan Go to last post
2 216
Scanning text by [email protected]
I need to scan text and put it into a txt file. Is there any way this can be done with vista. My hp scanning software that I used to used will not load on vista.
February 25th 07 08:34 PM
by David A. Lessnau Go to last post
2 220
Windows vista drivers on 2k3 print server? by Matthew M \(UK\)
Has anyone had any luck with vista drivers on 2k3 servers? Does point and print still work?!
February 26th 07 04:11 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 203
Vista Standby causes Printer Offline hang by cy
My Vista Ultimate PC prints to an HP printer on an HP Jet Direct print server via a TCP port. I have found that if my Vista PC goes to sleep/standby mode, upon re-awaking it shows the printer as "offline". I can ping the jet direct card from the Vista PC, and other PCs on the network print to the printer just fine. So the issue seems to be that when the Vista PC goes to sleep, upon...
February 26th 07 04:31 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 308
Vista Ultimate Printer Problem by Larry Dodd
I upgraded my machine from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate and things in the printing department are not going well. I see none of the printers that I had installed previously on my machine so I try to Add Printer and I get the error message "Windows can't open Add Printer Operation could not be completed (Error 0x000006be)" I am not sure what is causing this problem but when it does this the Print...
February 26th 07 05:17 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 580
Printing in Vista by NikG
I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer driver is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the queue and then disappears. Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email configuration in Windows Vista. Any help is much appreciated. Nik
February 26th 07 06:28 PM
by gingerman59 Go to last post
9 256
Works Spreadsheets by MichaelE
Works Spreadsheets works fine as a program but when you try to right click on a works spreadsheet file and click Print - the Works splash screen pops up but then nothing happens and trying to gain access to any works files is not happening. You can see the wksss.exe (whatever it is) and workstore (whatever it is) load up in task manager, ending them allows you to function as normal. Now if...
February 26th 07 08:05 PM
by MichaelE Go to last post
0 161
Canon MF5700 & i860 driver? by This is so annoying.....
I am using Windows Vista. I have 2 Canon printers: the MF5700 series and the I860. I can't find the Vista compatible drivers for either printer, if they exist. Could someone please help me out here. If they do exist, where can I download them and if they don't, please tell me so I can verify it. Thanks all. ~Seriously annoyed...
February 26th 07 10:04 PM
by This is so annoying..... Go to last post
2 236
HP Scanjet 4600 by Michel
Hi I have the HP Scanjet 4600and I just installed Windows Vista, The Scanner is not compatible with Vista, I check the HP website and they advise to wait until Late March, Anyone have a solution?. Thanks Michel
February 27th 07 07:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner by bubba
I am trying to use my Visioneer Scanner with Vista Ultimate with very bad results. Does anyone have any positive results with Vista Ultimate and any Visioneer Scanner?? TIA
February 27th 07 10:45 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 174
Canon Australia Printers / Vista Drivers e.g. LBP-1120 by Remind
Hi all, I've just spoken to Canon Australia today and they have told me that they will be releasing Vista drivers for their printers during the first week of March 2007, this includes my model, LBP-1120, which is good to hear. Phil
February 28th 07 12:02 AM
by Remind Go to last post

From The