Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Vista Fax: Custom folders by [email protected]
Hi, Microsoft says: · Easier organisation of faxes and scans. Windows Fax and Scan provides categories and folders for organising faxes and scanned documents, as well as the ability to create custom folders. When you want to move faxes or scans, you simply drag the file to the appropriate folder.
March 18th 07 03:18 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 176
HP Deskjet F4140 all-in-one not working by very annoyed
i purchased an hp F4140 all-in-one, i installed the disk that came with it, i then downloaded the patch from HP for Vista, it told me that i was not the administrator of the computer so log out and back in then install it, but i'm the only administrator for this puter. so i contacted HP they told me "the disc must have been corrupted" so they sent me a new one, well it still won't work, nor...
October 17th 07 10:14 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 176
Saving a scanned photo in original size by spkerek
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, After scanning a photo then viewing it in Windows photo gallery, it displays small then I have to zoom it to original size. Once I get it to original size, HOW DO I SAVE IT in original size so that when I play a slide show, it shows up in a normal size rather than a thumnail....
September 23rd 07 04:46 AM
by spkerek Go to last post
0 176
Install 2 new Hard Drives by Rick
Would like to install current Vista version on two new SATA HD's. They are a little faster. Have support for four SATA drives. Drive 3 is stand alone which will be removed for the 2 new drives. Current version is on two of them in a Raid 0 (running together) configuration. How do I transfer vista to the new drives? I purchased and down loaded the program so I do not have a start-up disk....
August 28th 07 10:00 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
Laser Printer that will install/run under Vista Ultimate (64bit) by Cas
Can any one advise of a reliable, economic laser printer (Colour) that will effectively install & work with Vista Ultimate (64bit) Operating System? Advise would be MUCH appreciated, thanks
July 24th 07 01:02 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
install printer drivers by klafert
I have a printer that is connected to a Windwows 2000 server and is shared. However, I am trying to connect a Vista Premium Home laptop to that printer. I have no problems connecting, but the drivers aren't correct. On one Vista laptop I connected and downloaded the vista driver and installed the program that came with the printer. I then was able to update the driver. I tried...
July 21st 07 08:36 PM
by klafert Go to last post
0 176
Where are the printer drivers located in Windos Vista? by Nathan
I am trying to use a printer that is networked on a windows XP computer. I have installed it on the windows vista computer directly and it works. Every time I try to set up the printer I receive the error message that the server for that printer doesn't have the right driver installed and it asks me to point it to a correct driver.
July 12th 07 06:37 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
1 176
Problems installing HP printer by David
Hi, I have a small network with 1 server, 1 NAS and some other notebooks. I have a HP Lasertjet 2250L printer that was installed on the server and shared for all users. Now I removed it from the server and installed in on the NAS as it has 2 usb ports. In all Windows XP pc's the printer was installed easily, but on Windows Vista I can't install it as ask me for the drivers of the printer, and...
April 4th 08 03:01 PM
by David Go to last post
0 176
Can't share my HP all in one printer with my new Vista machine by RJP
I have a K80xi all in one printer connected through USB to an XP host PC ("Host"). The Host is connect to a wireless network. I have multiple XP laptops successfully sharing that printer on the wireless network, but I distinctly recall having to load a separate driver (e.g., the driver for a Deskjet 970C), not the K80xi driver, on each laptop in order to use the shared printer. This is...
April 29th 07 05:53 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
Printing from Wireless tower with Xerox 4150 by Network Printing Novice needs help
When our computer goes to sleep... it cannot find the wireless internet connection. This started when we hooked our new XEROX 4150 and activated the scanning function which sends a pdf to your email account. It uses our internet provider servers and emails it back. We are hard wired from Xerox to tower then wireless. To enable this function we are using the networking share capability...
May 6th 07 05:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
Legal paper size by Bret
In Vista "Windows Fax and Scan" I am unable to find a way of scanning legal sized documents (8.5"x14"). When initiating a scan there are a large number of paper sizes available, but nothing that is even close to the legal size. Does Anyone have an idea of how to update the paper sizes available or a way to work around the issue?
May 8th 07 03:18 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
2 176
Printing, IE 7, Vista Ultimate home network by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P, F & S) "JulesL" wrote in message .... I cannot print on my local network using IE 7. I can print using Word 2003. I get a message essentially saying IE will close and will offer a solution, but there is no solution. Furthermore, when I click on a link it takes 30...
August 3rd 07 03:48 PM
by JulesL Go to last post
1 175
Fax add-on for Vista Home Premium by BENNY
Does anyone know of a fax add-on for Vista Home Premium? I really don't need any of the fancy fax features. I just need what XP Home Edition offered - a honest to goodness FAX printer . . . Please please!!!!
August 2nd 07 08:23 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 175
IE7 in Vista Home Premium won't print anything by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P, F & S _again_) "huw53" wrote in message ... Hi, I have developed this exact problem on my machine. Were you able to resolve the problem? I have been scanning these sites and not been able to find a solution. Evidently a solution was discussed in the other newsgroup when I...
August 2nd 07 06:34 PM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 175
Weird printer? by Vista new user
I may ask for help. I installed the Printer (Konica 1350) and try printing the documents. However, pc usually show the "print to file". I cancel it but I can't print. I click the button" save" and try to print again. It doesn't work, too. Please help me.Thanks
May 29th 07 09:22 AM
by A. Pete Go to last post
2 175
Direct printing settings by valentin tihomirov
We can send (Page Description Language) files directly to printer http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535786.aspx . It also can be done by AddJob function. However, an attempt to SetJob fails with 'access denied' when job is created by AddJob. The job settings seem to be ignored when job is created by StartDocPrinter. There is a third option I may to try -- open a printer, get default...
May 24th 07 08:22 AM
by valentin tihomirov Go to last post
0 175
Grayscale Printing with Windows Vista by Kirin
I have an HP 6110, and am using Windows Vista. I've set the print preferences for grayscale printing and use black ink cartridge only, but everything still prints in color. Is there anyway to get everything to come out in black and white only?
May 28th 07 01:20 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 175
Printer always offline - again by HB
I have a Photosmart C6150 printer. I've reinstalled the printer software and downloaded the drivers from web over and over. Some days it works great, other days it doesn't work at all. It mostly doesn't work at all. I have an HP laptop Pavilion with vista32, IE7. We are completely wireless. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, HB
July 13th 07 11:34 PM
by HB Go to last post
2 175
Active domain service currently not available by Jo
I get this message while trying to 'Find Printer' in Word 2007. Cant install Epson Stylus 830U printer. Been on Epsom help - say it should be compatible. Tried discs to install, just get 'error printing', so don't think the computer talks to the printer. Toshiba messageboard suggested I just plug it in. When I go to 'Find Printer' the Active domain message is all I get. I don't get the...
June 28th 07 10:02 PM
by Jo Go to last post
2 175
Unable to print to Shared Printers on Windows XP Pro PC by Andy P
I have a Home Workgroup consisting of a Dell Vista Home Premium PC and a Sony Vaio XP Pro PC which has 2 shared printers attached to it. I have mapped my Dell Vista Home Premium PC to my XP Pro shared HP Laserjet 1300 & HP PSC 2400 by using the UNC and not the Printer Wizard (It didn't work at all). At that point the XP machine sharing the printers shows up in the Network folder. I then...
June 10th 07 07:12 PM
by Andy P Go to last post

From The