Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Restart to Print by David
I have Vista and 3 different printers connected to my computer thru a USB hub. I can print only one time, then I have to restart my computer to print. As my computer restarts, the printer prints whatever I'm waiting on immediately after Windows starts. How can I fix this to be able to actually print without restarting my computer for each document?
March 6th 07 12:49 PM
by David Go to last post
2 3
Epson status monitor by Epson Printer & Scanner
Hi How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in vista?
March 6th 07 09:35 PM
by etccdb Go to last post
5 198
Install printer as Administrator by ruth
I am trying to help a friend install a printer. The installation stalls at the same point insisting that it must done by an Administrator. My friend is the only user set up on her new Windows Vista computer and is an Administator. We have logged out and back in, rebooted, restarted, all with the same result. Any ideas? Thank you.
March 7th 07 01:47 AM
by fixthat Go to last post
4 248
Network password keeping by fixthat
I have 2 Vista computers, the desktop has a printer, and is run under administrator with a password. From the Laptop, if I explore the network, and put in the password, AND CHECK REMEMBER PASSWORD the laptop will print across the wireless network to my desktop printer for that session. The next day, after the laptop has been shutoff and started, the saved password is gone, the box is...
March 7th 07 01:59 AM
by fixthat Go to last post
0 181
Xerox DocuMate solution with ACT 5.0? by edsager
Hello All, I have a Xerox DocuMate 262 scanner. Xerox has not yet provided a Vista-compatible driver, but has had a release date for one sometime in May 2007. The HCL lists the DM262 as compatible with both x86 and x64 versions of Vista and that the driver is available as part of both Windows Vista x86 and x64, yet when I tried to install the scanner, no driver was available and my...
March 7th 07 09:43 AM
by edsager Go to last post
0 227
Scanner driver by Rex
I got a Plustek OpticPro S28 scanner. Vista seems to have problem to work with this driver; it does not allow driver program installation. I check the manufacturer's site where there is no updated driver for Vista available. What should I do? I cannot use the scanner after installing Vista. Pls help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 07 03:39 PM
by Dave Cal Go to last post
11 759
Ethernet controller by Tousif
hey , i installed windows vista on my computer but it didnt installed my LAN driver i.e. "ADNtek AN983 10/100 PCI Adapter " and " USB host drivers ".... I installed the driver of LAN with the help of a cd which came with it ,but it wasn't compitable with windows vista ... So please can you tell me from where i can download the drivers which are compitable with windows vista ??? ...
March 7th 07 04:02 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 276
Epson Scanners by scooby
If you haven't noticed Epson have now released some drivers for scanners.
March 7th 07 04:04 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
7 504
bug with HP710C driver for Vista 64 ? by Touch25
Vista well recognized my printer and installed the driver good. Some orders operation like the print of the page test. But the printing of a text page written with the Note Pad, for example, does not work. The carriage briefly vibrates but does not move. The driver works well with XP 32bit. Could you help me ?
March 7th 07 04:11 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 301
Windows Mobile by Brian Williams
I am running Vista Business. I am using a dos program for business to print orders. The printer is a network printer so I use a NET USE command in dos to map for LPT1. This works fine until i plug in my Windows Mobile 5 phone. Once plugged in the program won't print again until i unplug the phone and run the .bat file to retrain vista on the location of my printer. Any ideas?
March 7th 07 06:24 PM
by Brian Williams Go to last post
2 477
Adding network printers by Pike33
I successfully installed a networked HP printer onto my laptop which is running Vista. I attempted to add a second network printer (Samsung) and got an error message: "Windows can not connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again." I am 99.99% certain I do not have a memory problem. This is a brand new computer. Any...
March 7th 07 09:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 203
HP Photosmart C6180 by RRR
I just bought a new computer with Vista Windows on it. I will not let me install my HP Photosmart C6180 all in one. Do I need a patch? If so where do I find it and how do I apply it. I would appreciate any help I can get for this problem. Thank You RRR
March 7th 07 10:05 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 235
need a compatible printing program for Vista by Puppy Breath
Word 2007 seems to work OK. It's not really a "printing" program. But you can do brochures, business cards, and clip art with it. "spikers36" wrote in message ... I am looking for a printing program that is compatible with Vista for doing brochures, business cards, clip art, etc.
March 7th 07 10:06 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 215
Installing MP Toolbox with MS Vista by Georges
I have a Dell PC that came pre-loaded with Vista. My Canon MP700 printer connected well to the PC (I can print). However I've tried to install MP Toolbox Ver. 4.1.1.0mp01 (Windows Vista) from the Canon web site. When I run MP Toolbox and click on "Settings" I have the following error message "A supported scanner is not installed. Please install a supported scanner, and then restart...
March 7th 07 10:07 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 283
Can't print with compaq ij650 by compmezz
Old computer crashed, had to buy new notebook with vista. hp does not have a vista version for the drivers. i downloaded the xp drivers -- on hp's advice --- and things worked for one day. now, i can see the printer on the control panel - but nothing prints. i am really not computer saavy and don't want to buy a new printer.
March 8th 07 01:18 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 212
Network Printing From Vista to XP by CPickens
hello, I have a Brand new gateway Vitsta premium laptop which is wireless. Networked to A New gateway XP desktop. My printer is a Canon i9900. I can not for the life of me get it to print. I always get Acees denied you do not have permission. I have verified the network is fine because I can share files from the laptop and Desktop. Once I try and choose a printer i get that error message...
March 8th 07 01:41 AM
by CPickens Go to last post
9 221
Unable to Run Adone Reader by C130
I keep getting a message that states I am either out of memory or don't have permission when I try to run the Adobe Reader. I have a Macbook Pro and Microsoft Vista and I am using the Parallels program to run Vista. Any suggestions, I have plenty of memory so I don't think this is the problem.
March 8th 07 12:59 PM
by C130 Go to last post
0 160
Epson released driver for Stylus Photo R220 & Vista by BillP
Epson has released the Vista drivers for 32 and 64 bit for the R220. Further good news is that these new drivers support duplex printing. Thank you, Epson BillP
March 8th 07 07:06 PM
by BillP Go to last post
0 148
Windows co-opts my scanner dialog by twiggyann
I have a Brother 3420C multifunction machine. When I scan with it, instead of using the Brother scanner dialog, I get a Windows version. I can't make anything default on it, have to keep changing the type of scan and paper size, etc. Brother has opted not to put out a Vista compatible set of drivers for this scanner, but the drivers in Vista see it and install it and it all works. But...
March 8th 07 11:21 PM
by twiggyann Go to last post
0 158
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer by MarkC
I have a wireless LAN with the printer attached to desktop computer. My Sony VGNFS640 with VISTA Home Premium recognizes the LAN and shows me the remote printer (and shared files) but when I try to have the computer recognize the printer, I get an access denied message. I have disabled the firewall on the desktop but the Access Denied message is still there. Any suggestions?
March 9th 07 12:34 AM
by Barry Go to last post

From The