Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142 by AhmedHF
"AhmedHF" wrote in message ... WHILE I AM INSTALLING THIS PRINTER Printer driver was not installed Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002) ANY HELP PLS
August 2nd 09 02:57 PM
by drkmtr2002[_2_] Go to last post
6 450
Error in Status Field of Printer by WandaLL
When I try to print using a extension cable I get an error message in the Printer Status field. This did not use to happen. It just started out of the clear blue and I have no idea how to fix it. If I use the regular printer cable I have no problem. I am using a Lenovo laptop connected to an HP Printer. I truly need help. I do a lot of printing. Thanks, Wanda...
August 2nd 09 02:29 PM
by drkmtr2002 Go to last post
4 366
Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner driver for Vista by daidainius
Hello. I have use Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Unfortunatelly I can't found any compatabile Vista driver for him. :( Mustek website do not provide Vista drivers at present (I ask them). Had somebody same problem? Please suggest some solution or reply any comments. Thanks for attention :)
August 1st 09 09:12 AM
by SalVatore Go to last post
6 1,110
Stretched fax Tif images by Anderson[_2_]
Hi All, I receive faxes using Microsoft Fax. These faxes are stored as TIF files. When I view a received fax TIF file in Vista "Windows Photo Gallery", the fax appears to be correct. However, when I click print, the print preview is stretched out of proportion. The actual physical printout is also stretched. I can open the file in "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" and the image is already...
July 31st 09 10:37 PM
by skymckinney Go to last post
2 402
Stretched faxes when printed in Vista by andrcan
Hi. I just experienced the same problem at work. A colleague just called me to fix a fax printing problem. She is able to correctly view the fax with Windows Photo Gallery, but she cannot properly print it with any installed printer, because it becomes stretched. The preview shows the fax using a landscape paper format (we currently use A4).
July 31st 09 10:28 PM
by skymckinney Go to last post
1 413
Printing tif faxes in Vista fax is rotated and stretched - skewed by Learning to work with the Borg
I am running Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 Ultimate with Business Contact Manager. If I open a tif fax that comes in over my email with windows photo gallery or any other program that I have found in Windows to open a tif file the fax is displayed upright on a landscape oriented page. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get it to display in the appropriate orientation. If I...
July 31st 09 10:05 PM
by sky_mckinney Go to last post
8 427
Fax server not storing a copy in its inbox by adityasharma
Hi I am using fax server to route all the faxes from a vista client machine onto a fax. But the fax does not gets stored locally on the server's inbox. It just gets sent to the fax server. Is there anything that I can do in order to get this feature. I am using Windows server 2008 for the fax server. Thanks Aditya Sharma
July 30th 09 01:43 PM
by adityasharma Go to last post
0 347
Photo Printing Wizard by maebee90
Whenever i use to print the printing wizard would come up but now it doesnt...when i right click on a photo and click print photoshop opens..how do i set it to up the printin wizard? -- maebee90
July 30th 09 03:12 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 297
Scanner Stratford labs by Michel Collerette
J'ai un nouvel ordinateur avec windows vista home premium 64BIT sp1. Je ne suis pas capable d'installer le pilote pour faire fonctionner le scanner de négatif et diapositive. Le pilote ovt scanner recherche omni cam alors que j'ai stratford labs IS-505. Y-t-il quelqu'un qui a eu le même problème et qui a réussi à faire fonctionner son scnner de diaposives Merci je ne sais plus quoi...
July 29th 09 12:11 AM
by Michel Collerette Go to last post
0 303
Unable to use fax server by adityasharma
Hi I am using windows server 2008's fax server and would like to use it from a client(vista Ultimate) machine. I have added the server in the fax accounts, but whenever try to send a fax to the server, it says " could not find the contact in the outlook". Well, firstly, I don't want to use outlook. Secondly, I am typing in the server's name in the 'to' field. I know that is wrong and tried...
July 28th 09 02:19 PM
by adityasharma Go to last post
2 306
Will scan anymore from hp psc 2210xi all-in-one... help! by josueamcj
I have an hp psc 2210xi all-in-one and had been scanning w/out major issues from windows photo gallery, from file menu selected import, it'd open window where icon of printer appeared as scanner, after selecting it another window w scanning options would appear and then could select scan. Now after import, window appears w icon of printer as scanner, I select it to continue and nothing...
July 28th 09 01:41 PM
by josueamcj Go to last post
0 338
Connect local printer with USB cable by harfmt
Vista Home Premium SP1 - trying to connect Brother HL-2142 laser printer as a _local_ printer with USB cable connection. I have installed exactly as instructed in printer manual. When I go to print, file appears in print queue until it finally errors. When I look in Device Manager-Universal Serial Bus Controllers-USB Root Hub properties-Power tab, the description shows "Unknown USB Device"....
July 28th 09 01:08 PM
by harfmt Go to last post
4 328
Cannot send or receive in Windows Fax and Scan by Greg F
Just purchased new system with Vista Business. Builder of system says that fax was tested and is working. However, I cannot receive or send faxes through Fax and Scan. Setup appears fine, but error says that sending fax did not respond in time. Fax program detects call, answers call, then fails. Modem diagnostics show no problems. One fax sent did manage to send top portion of page, but...
July 27th 09 10:18 PM
by Greg F Go to last post
0 379
Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry by MrDragon[_2_]
My company has a fax shared on one of the 2003 servers. When I print to this fax server in Windows XP the Fax Wizard walks me thru all the necesarry screens and remembers my Delivery Notification settings, i.e. whether I want a notification, the email address I want the notification sent to and the attach a copy of the fax to the notification. All of these settings I can find in the XP...
July 27th 09 01:51 AM
by Robinson Zhang [MSFT] Go to last post
5 329
Won't see Brother Wireless by rinka
I have 3 laptops, one having Vitsa OS while the other 2 XP, all linked via wireless router (N Band). All 3 linked fine to the interenet. However the Vista PC will not print via the Brother Wireless while the two XPs print fine. The Vista machine is Sony and contains Norton 360. On my printer settings it says the printer is offline. I have contacted Linksys (router), Brother (printer), Sony...
July 25th 09 08:59 PM
by rinka Go to last post
0 316
HP Laser Jet 2605 by pfbaran
My networked laserjet 2605dn will only print in Black and White on the Vista Machine. My Win XP Pro prints in color. The HP software does not show a color booklet when I go into preferences on the Vista system but shows it in color on the XP.:huh: HELP -- pfbaran
July 24th 09 05:16 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 357
KB973346 by PA Bear [MS MVP]
HP strikes again! Anders L wrote: Latest news... Below you see the latest I have from MS (everything before this is only info collection from MS). It is the print processor that is supplied with the HP UPD driver version 4.7. So I have created a case with HP and asked for them to
July 23rd 09 11:01 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 463
no copy(black page?);printing is intermittant by Jack Frost
copy has black over page inop,printer is intermittant
July 23rd 09 07:23 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 356
adding a new tab into properties dialog of my Incoming Method in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. by Andrej Hristoliubov
Hello Everyone.... I have registered my inbound routing extension in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms690228(VS.85).aspx for details. Now I want to add the Store in Folder tab in my inbound routing properties dialog similar Store in Folder tab of the Microsoft's Store in Folder inbound routing extension. For example: 1. Go to Windows Server 2008...
July 23rd 09 05:11 AM
by Andrej Hristoliubov Go to last post
0 355
Registering of inbound routing extension in the Microsoft Windows Fax Server by Andrej Hristoliubov
Hello Everyone.... I search for the person with experience of registering of inbound routing extension in the Microsoft Windows Fax Server. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms690228(VS.85).aspx for details. I have registered successfully into Wibdows Server 2008 x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64. But I can not register in the Windows Server 2003 Win32. Instead it I have the error...
July 23rd 09 04:45 AM
by Andrej Hristoliubov Go to last post

From The