Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
All in one printer need scanner HP2610 by Neal
I have a HP 2610 and with the new RC1 build from Beta 2 I have a great working printer now. The only thing I do not have is a working scanner. I have it on my network I am just trying to figure out if there is any way to get my scanner working for vista RC1. Thanks
September 11th 06 11:09 PM
by Neal Go to last post
0 776
All PDFs print out in red by CherylC
I have tried different printers and different versions of adobe. I have tried different print drivers. These files all print fine from our XP machines, but have never worked from the Vista machine. We are currently using the Universal Print Driver on the Vista machine because it is the only way that we can print the correct shade of blue from that machine. Any help is greatly...
July 27th 08 12:34 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 293
all that prints is html codes by Carol
I am not too computer literate, but I've tried different things to be able to print. When I try to print from a web page it only prints html codes, when I print from word or excel it is fine, what could be causing this?
July 12th 07 05:02 PM
by Carol Go to last post
0 170
Allow additions to received fax headers by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add or modify a sender name, company, or subject on received faxes? Many faxes do not have the sender name, company name, or subject. This would allow the user to make modifications or additions that would allow the user to quickly identify faxes in the fax log.
May 17th 07 11:45 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 158
Allow non admin to install unsigned printer driver by Jac[_2_]
Hi we have some Windows Vista in our environement and we have a lot of driver that are not digitaly signed. So when non admin users try to install theat network driver, they just can't GRRRRR! Is there a way to allow non admin user to install non signed printer driver ? Thanks for your help ! JAc
December 4th 08 10:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 309
Allow user to modify header info of a received fax by Blue Max
Why not allow the user to add or modify a sender name, company name, or subject field for received faxes? Many faxes do not have the sender name, company name, or subject. This would allow the user to make modifications or additions that would allow the user to quickly identify faxes in the fax log. We have used other programs that allow these modifications which make it very easy to...
June 11th 07 11:08 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
9 165
Alternative Fax program? by Nigel Molesworth
As Home Premium does not have a Fax program, can anyone suggest an alternative? Nothing fancy, just something that I can print to that will send a fax to a number I type. I guess a sent log would be handy. -- Nigel M
February 15th 07 03:01 PM
by SpaGuru Go to last post
3 267
Alternative Fax program? by Nigel Molesworth
As Home Premium does not have a Fax program, can anyone suggest an alternative? Nothing fancy, just something that I can print to that will send a fax to a number I type. I guess a sent log would be handy. I've now tried SnappyFax, and I don't like it: too complicated. Any ideas?
June 14th 07 12:53 PM
by Peter Go to last post
6 167
Analog fax software by Harold[_2_]
I have Windows Home Basic. Is there a software program available for basic fax and answering machine functions from the home over the phone line? -- Harold
February 13th 08 08:19 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 243
Annotation on scanned documents? - 2nd Request by Blue Max
Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned images, or pages of an attached document?
June 11th 07 11:16 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
4 159
Annotations on scanned documents? by Blue Max
Is there a way to directly add annotations to scanned pages, scanned images, or pages of an attached document?
May 17th 07 11:56 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 141
annoying pop up message for C4280 all in one by [email protected]
Though my printer is C4280 all in one, I keep getting pop up messages that tell me to align my C4200 (dfferent model #). I have done this many times and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software. This goes on all during the day. Please tell my how to stop it. CJ
February 21st 08 09:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 244
another can't connect to printer error by MAC Dierkx
There are other can't connect to printer error topic's in this newsgroup ,but from what I understand it are all network printer error's Now I am having the same error ,only my printer is directly connected to my PC by USB port Im using Vista Netherlands edition and I got Vista to understand the XP drivers of the Lexmark printer (last driver from Lexmark) (run driver as XPSP2 driver an as...
December 13th 06 10:49 AM
by MAC Dierkx Go to last post
0 509
Another printer problem with Vista by Jo MacArthur
I, too, get the "spooler has stopped working" message with my HP Photosmart 8450. But my bigger problem is that I seem to have to keep re-installing the printer, especially for any graphics. Sometimes I delete the printer, restart and reinstall. I've found that if I demand that Vista install with a new driver I get results quicker. And I have yet to perfect the order of the starting,...
November 13th 07 07:18 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 242
Answer to query. by [email protected]
Hi everyone, Apologies for not responding to this problem earlier - I have been at university back on XP and forgotten all about it. Basically this problem is due to a piece of non plug and play hardware in Vista being deleted and thus not detected on a restart (as a plug and play piece would). The only problem is now I'm at university I can't remember for the
January 21st 08 09:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 264
Any Known Issues with Lexmark X8350 All-in-One by Andy D[_2_]
I just ordered one of these yesterday, I looked it up and confirmed that it is Vista compatible, just wondering if I should be aware of any problems to look for when I go about installing it to my computer. Thanks in advance-Andy
November 21st 07 06:12 PM
by rnrdude Go to last post
3 357
Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410? by schildb
Any news as to when the driver will be updated? I connect to the printer using BlueTooth/Wireless and it finds and installs the HP 7410 driver. However, when printing duplex, the reverse side is printed upside down (head to foot instead of head to head). It worked correctly back when I was using WindowsXP.
July 7th 09 08:58 PM
by Andrew Rossmann Go to last post
9 298
Any Problem with Windows vista??????????????? by Bala
waiting for the solution click here http://polticsinfs.blogspot.com/
June 21st 08 08:25 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
2 382
Any way to fax without a modem by Brian Clegg
just a quick question my new Dell 9200 does not have a built in pci modem. i connect via a router to the internet vista ultimate has abuilt in fax program,but it seems it needs a modem and a ordinary telephone line Is there any other way to set up to fax without a pci modem card?
October 5th 07 08:32 AM
by alexa1973 Go to last post
3 495
Any way to merge tiff files in Vista Fax and Scan? by Travis[_9_]
I have an HP3050, which is a multi-function centre with a one sided scan and document feeder. Obviously it would be enormously helpful if I could merge TIFF files together, then I could scan the front pages of a document then flip it over and feed it back in to do the back side of the documents and then the computer merges the two series of scans to create a "duplex" scan with all the pages in...
August 22nd 08 12:58 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post

From The