Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Microsoft Security Essentials Group? by allen
Is there no Microsoft Security Essentials Group? I'd have thought this would be a hot topic.
November 24th 09 11:15 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
6 369
avg anti-virus by Allison
i have avg free antivirus on my computer and it updates and checks every time i turn my computer on but windows security centre is saying i don't have an anti virus . also is says windows defender is turned off but i can't work out how to turn it on.
April 17th 09 11:38 AM
by kkkenny Go to last post
6 294
Error message Failure security option notice.... by Allygash
"Failure - Security Options -- Logon process has failed to create the security options dialogue" I get the above error message after i hit ctrl-alt del to see why my pc has suddenly gone very sluggish/fails to respond & the hard disc access appears constant. Any ideas please? Running Vista ultimate using windows live onecare, no other anti virus etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 17th 07 07:27 PM
by John Byrne[_2_] Go to last post
11 2,292
Test by ALM
Ignore
July 14th 08 04:17 PM
by ALM Go to last post
0 232
Test by ALM
Ignore
July 19th 08 07:05 PM
by ac Go to last post
1 259
aloha by aloha
/SPANP /SPAN/DIV/BODY/HTML table id="table2" dir="ltr" height="141" width="90%" bgColor="#c0c0c0" border="20" TBODYTRTD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 13pt; COLOR: #1cb081; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal" borderColorLight=#ffffff align=middle bgColor=#000000 ...
March 19th 07 08:35 PM
by aloha Go to last post
0 276
Uninstall Windows Defender (Vista Ultimate) by AlohaMahalo
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Defender is installed by default. I want to uninstall it but it doesn't even show up in the Programs & Features list (Uninstall or change a program). How do I go about to uninstall that program. thank you
July 7th 08 08:31 PM
by MowGreen [MVP] Go to last post
4 214
NOW WHAT? "The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded" by aloha[_2_]
Error Message: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded. The length and number of secrets is limited to satisfy United States State Department export restrictions. User Action: This Windows 2000 Executive STATUS message is a warning. Choose one of the options from the message box and then contact your system
September 12th 08 08:45 PM
by Steve Go to last post
7 238
Run DLL, Module not Found, C:\USER\dc54~1\aPPdATA\Local\Temp\iifdefda.dll by Alon civier
Hi, i m using vista premium ome and i get the following error message everytime I start my computer. I just close it and continue, but my system is very slow and encounter unplanned closures and many performence problems. I tried to check google for this DLL and it does not exist. Can anybody help me in solving this issue, what should I do?
November 4th 09 04:55 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
2 300
Run DLL, Module not Found, C:\USER\dc54~1\aPPdATA\Local\Temp\iifdefda.dll by Alon civier
Hi, i m using vista premium ome and i get the following error message everytime I start my computer. I just close it and continue, but my system is very slow and encounter unplanned closures and many performence problems. I tried to check google for this DLL and it does not exist. Can anybody help me in solving this issue, what should I do?
November 4th 09 11:04 AM
by Alon civier Go to last post
0 177
Enter your smart card PIN?!?!? by alpha
Hi, well, I did encrypt some folders and after some time decrypted them. Now I have a problem with using Search - when it tries to access the _*ex*-encrypted_ files, it hangs off and a pop-up window says: "Encrypting File System" Wrote: You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file using a smart card. Enter your smart card PIN. Well, that was out of the blue! I've never...
April 3rd 09 07:55 PM
by alpha Go to last post
2 184
AntiVirus by Altimax98
Heya Guys, I guess alot of us with Trend Micro antivirus are thinking about this but what are we to do for antivirus, starting the first of the year. my subscription is up then. Mcfee sucks, Norton is only offering 30day trial of theyre beta??? Why?? Symantec needs some help when offering beta stuff. If Microsoft did that we'd all get 30 days of vista then we'd be forced to go back, or buy a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 06 03:35 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
12 338
Selective Notifications from Security Center by Alton Davis
I have a laptop with Vista Home Premium which I use primarily for a writing class, Powerpoint presentations, and writing minutes at meetings -- most of the time it's not connected to the internet. I've disabled UAC to eliminate some of the endless clicking and Automatic updates since I only want to do those every couple of weeks on my own schedule. I've also turned off Security Center. I...
November 9th 07 12:56 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
5 132
Security Problem... by Alvaro E. Gonzalez V.
Hi; With Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2, I have next trouble... I lost a user's profile, and delete it for rebuild it. But after this canīt open files .zip from network sites or download this files type from internet. Show the message --------------------------- Security Alert ---------------------------
April 16th 07 11:46 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 142
credential manager by alzadjali
im working in goverment and im having smalll problem that whell i want to logon to my user its give me some error : the system could not access the credential manager server " and " the server is not responding properly . verify that credential manager server is properly installed on the target i need to access can i get help from you Thanks & Regards alzadjali
June 18th 08 03:48 PM
by Yvonne Go to last post
2 146
No users in Local Administrators Group by am
When attempting to view the members of the local administrators group I see no users at all, even when in the context of the local administrators account. If I attempt to add an account to the group that I know is in there already, I receive the following message: "Username" is already a member of group "Administrators". I've also tried running a script to enumerate the users in local...
January 23rd 09 04:10 PM
by am Go to last post
2 288
AVG, Windows Defender, AdAware? by Amanda
Hi, I have a general question about spyware sorts of infections. I have AVG Internet Security full version, and I also run a scan frequently with Windows defender. Both say they are looking for spyware, although the AVG website doesn't seem to have any specific instructions for what to do if you get one. Recently I somehow got a hijacking sort of infection, which kept re-directing my...
November 10th 08 09:14 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
9 294
norton 360 by amanda
hi all, my i have been useing norton 360 since i got my laptop i just recenley re installed norton360 was working for a while but now its turned off and windows firewall wont let me turn it back on can someone please help on this matter -- many thanks :) Amanda
November 1st 08 07:48 PM
by Victek Go to last post
2 224
Security Center suddenly reports no antivirus or firewall by Amanda
I have AVG Internet security suite and Vista Ultimate 32 bit. They have been working perfectly together until the last few days. Suddenly Security Center reports I have no anti virus program or firewall. AVG sent me a file they said MIGHT fix it (they said the problem was with Vista but did not specify what the problem was) but vista won't let me run the file, blocks it. I don't have paid...
September 16th 07 03:12 PM
by Kyle Go to last post
7 181
Live OneCare vs AVG ? by Amanda
I've been given a new Windows Live OneCare subscription to try, and I currently use AVG Internet Security, for 3 home computers, all running Vista. I'd like to know if Onecare is something I should give up the AVG for. I have a subscription with AVG through Feb of next year, (paid for) so I don't want to give it up unless there is particulary good benefit from it. Could someone give a review...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 5th 08 08:46 AM
by StephenB Go to last post
26 1,042