Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Access denied on the registry by Jean-Charles Meyrignac
I'm trying to install VS2008 since yesterday. It crashes when it tries to install Document Explorer 2008. So, I ran the Document Explorer installer, and the exact error is: Error 1402. Unable to open key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\2.0\LocalReg\HxDS.HxRegister.1\CLSID System error 5
February 26th 08 08:52 PM
by Beno Go to last post
7 311
Access Denied to C: as administrator by Sarah
The sercurity settings for permissons were changed by another person using my computer. They have denied all permissions as the administrator and i am now unable to use or change any of the settings on my computer as access has been denied to C Drive, is there a way to undo these settings to reset the sercurity settings?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 09 09:26 AM
by atoutsweb Go to last post
10 362
Access Denied to Certain Folders by Tim Riley
I am trying to access certain folders, such as C:\Windows, and get the message that access is denied. The account under which I am logged in is the only administrator account on the machine. How do I change the so I have full access to everything on the machine? Tim
May 30th 08 09:00 AM
by Steve Riley [MSFT] Go to last post
4 335
Access Denied to Documents and settings by [email protected]
what? Kerry Brown wrote: The user profiles are stored in C:\Users. C:\Documents and Settings is not a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 07 02:09 PM
by azerty Go to last post
10 230
Access denied to MA Access DB by Lu Powell[_2_]
I got an email from my brother with a problem I can't resolve. Here's the gist of it: "I am trying to get at a database I created under Access. Vista will not let me open it. I had a problem and saved all my data files before reinstalling Vista. After reinstalling Office 2003, which includes Access, and then copying the file back to my C: folder, I get a message that says I do not have...
August 25th 08 10:47 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
8 182
Access Denied when trying to delete virus file by Ian D
Running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) using account with full administrator priviledges. My virus checker reports a "malware" which it identifies as "Generic.Peed.Eml.C6634DD4" at C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Temp\eud54.htm. When I try to delete this file, I get a pop-up headed "Destination Folder Access Denied" saying "You need to confirm this operation". Pressing "Continue" briefly...
August 17th 07 11:11 AM
by Arnold[_2_] Go to last post
3 132
Access Denied with User in Share ACL, but OK with group by Hmoll
User is getting access denied when accessing his Homeshare; the problem appears to be with the Share ACL * Share Perm's currently set explicitly to user's account * If the ACL is changed to Authenticated Users, access is granted * Problem occurs on user's main Laptop * Problem does NOT occur on a test VM, I had him log into * Both the VM and the Laptop are in the same OU, both are running...
August 27th 07 06:00 PM
by Hmoll Go to last post
1 163
Access Denied, Deleting File... by John Tullos
I recently build a new computer, installed Vista Business x64 (on a brand new hard drive). I recently put in one of my older harddrives containing most of my downloads and image files for all my backed up software. There is a folder there from a download in the past (VS2003.NET Service Pack1) that was extracted and now on vista I no longer have the ability to delete it. I tried everything I...
February 19th 07 04:37 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
3 110
Access Denied...how to get control of MY vista/win7 computer? by spamme0[_2_]
I need a pointer to a tutorial on how to get back control of my computer. Have same problems in both vista and windows-7 beta. Access denied for most of what I want to do. I'm trying to make hardware and software work in windows-7. Permission problems, failure of older install programs to execute, unable to register dlls, it's a nightmare. Compatibility mode helps when you have access to the...
January 14th 09 06:21 PM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
9 374
Access Denies /depandancy services not started by Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}[_2_]
Client has returned from a trip with the story that the Vista laptop ceased to access the internet during the last 2 days. Toshiba laptop O/S: Vista Business. 2GB RAM Panda AV Local Admin and Domain Admin accounts enabled and members of the Local Admins.
November 29th 07 10:38 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 228
access Documents & Settings dir by John A Grandy[_2_]
I am logged on as a user that is member of Administrators but I can't access Documents & Settings dir ... What is going on ???
September 22nd 08 01:49 AM
by FromTheRafters Go to last post
6 281
Access HDD when connected to another PC? by Calab
I've got a friends laptop to repair. I've determined that at least the boot files are damaged. I've connected the hard drive to my own PC in an attempt to recover the files from the drive. Unfortunately, my PC says that access is denied when I try to browse the drive. In the disk manager I can see the drive. I've gone onto the drive and updated the permissions on all the files to allow full...
September 17th 09 12:23 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 206
Access is denied by Sam Hobbs[_2_]
I am getting a c0000005 (Access is denied) error from a console program after the console program executes. The error dialog appears to be blaming the CLI (the .Net CLI I presume). More specifically, I am trying to use the Netbeans IDE (programming environment) for PHP scripting. It is not a programming problem, however. I am trying to use the option to use PHP as a command-line script. The...
January 3rd 09 04:31 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
1 237
Access is Denied!!! by bassjace
HI, I have Vista Ultimate and am looking around the software and am getting plenty of Access is Denied error messages when I try and click on folders in the C: directory that you could browse in XP. eg I have enabled show hidden files and folders, and known extension types and unhid protected operating files. Under C: Users -my user- I wanted to look at Application data and local settings...
December 14th 07 11:10 AM
by Asta Go to last post
5 359
Access permissions on network files by Russ Green
I'm having a strange issue a vista machine with files that reside on my windows 2003 server. Up untill a few hours ago everything was OK but I started having trouble with some software. The software vendor told be to delete my ser profile data and see if that fixed it. I logged out and logged in a admin...deleted my local profile folder and the server copy and also deleted the key in...
January 9th 09 10:14 PM
by +Bob+[_2_] Go to last post
1 270
Access Privileges by Dwaine
I just purchased a new notebook with the Windows Vista OS. I have installed the iTunes software for my iPOD. When I try to sync my iPOD, it will sync my music files but does not sync my photo files. I get an error message: "Cannot sync iPOD. You do not have enough access priveleges to perform this operation"
October 10th 07 11:06 PM
by Dwaine Go to last post
0 164
access to docs and settings by spud
Hi,I am new to vista.I have set up 2 user accounts(home and work desktops) both as admin,however I cannot access docs and settings on the second one.I give myself full permissions but come against an error each time.thanks.
July 29th 08 08:55 PM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
3 166
Access to folders by Rick
I recently purchased a new laptop with Vista on it, and I continue to be frustrated by the layers of security I have to constantly wade through. I am the owner, administrator and sole user of this computer. It is used in my home and is not part of any LAN. Yet even though I am the administrator and only user, I still have to give myself permission before I can do certain things or run...
May 4th 09 01:16 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
5 191
Access to raw devices by Graham Wharton
Can anyone tell me how I can access raw devices in vista. Currently vista is stopping me doing legitimate work on my PC that I could do with ease under windows XP. The things I am trying to do is. Use syslinux to make a USB attached compact flash card bootable. Access the said USB stick through vmware as a raw physical disk.
October 10th 07 04:43 AM
by Graham Wharton Go to last post
0 149
Access to Terminal Via Remote Destop at Windows Vista by jn2freedom
In Vista plateform, I discovered that my username is registering in my register Key at HKCU and somehow someone could exploit this information too easy by collect these registres with all specified detail into this server. \\HKCU\Microsoft\Terminal\ Server Client....
April 16th 07 06:42 PM
by jn2freedom Go to last post

From The