Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Access violation? by chins27[_7_]
Hi can anyone tell me what the following message means and what I should do about it................... Access violation at address 0046FFCF in module 'pdtwzd.exe'. Read of address 00000009. Thanks -- chins27
March 7th 10 08:34 AM
by chins27[_7_] Go to last post
0 339
Access violation? by chins27[_7_]
Hi can anyone tell me what the following message means and what I should do about it................... Access violation at address 0046FFCF in module 'pdtwzd.exe'. Read of address 00000009. Thanks -- chins27
March 7th 10 04:00 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
6 486
Access Vista Files from XP Dual-boot by Henry Craven {MVP}
I have a laptop set up with XPpro and Vista Ultimate in dual boot. ( I need XPp for productivity while I get used to Vista and Office 07 ) ....anyhooo. Vista mail ( I think) started throwing a wobbly with Vista popping up messages that one of the files were corrupt and needing to run chkdsk. Well after an hour it was racing through a list of files all in E:\$security all corrupt and requiring...
July 7th 07 10:50 PM
by Henry Craven {MVP} Go to last post
8 121
Access with IE a HTML-File on a Networkdrive(system context) by Matthias Kracht
I want access an html-file with internet explorer 7 on a vista client. This html file is situated on a network share, which was connected at system context. I get an error, that the ie7 couldn't access this location, but i can open this file with notepad. I have read something about integrity levels. My ie7 runs at level high, because uac is deactivated on this client.
May 8th 07 04:45 PM
by Matthias Kracht Go to last post
0 134
Access/Permissions 2nd HDD by Rod[_6_]
Hi I keep all my applications on C Drive and all my documents and music etc on D Drive. I am the sole user of my PC so only have my name and Password as individual and Administrator. Today, somehow, I could not access files or folders on my D Drive. I have to, on each Folder AND then every FILE, right click/properties/security, reassign "User/Rod" as the Owner of the Folder,
April 10th 09 03:52 PM
by BGK Go to last post
2 194
Accessing an Encrypted File by Paul
I had a excel spreadsheet which contained financial information on my computer. I reformatted my computer and moved the spreadsheet to a small partition on my HDD for the reformat. Now with the new installation of Vista, I am locked out of my spreadsheet (oops). I had the cd that has some sort of access codes on it or something, but I think that may be with Bitlocker and not the encryption...
June 21st 07 06:04 PM
by Paul Go to last post
2 110
accessing documents and settings folder by Roger Hamilton
I am trying to access documents and settings folder in Vista but keep getting access denied. Tried to change permissions but Vista will not allow me to do that either. I do I change this?
February 13th 10 09:44 PM
by Roger Hamilton Go to last post
0 379
accessing documents and settings folder by Roger Hamilton
I am trying to access documents and settings folder in Vista but keep getting access denied. Tried to change permissions but Vista will not allow me to do that either. I do I change this?
February 13th 10 11:20 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
2 501
accessing email link by Kandice
Hello, When I click on the email link in my yahoo messenger it does not work. This is only the case in one of my two operating accounts which leads me to believe that it is a setting somewhere on my account. I already know that it is not a messenger issue as those settings are all correct. Where in my computer settings can this be changed to allow me to click on the link and be...
November 1st 07 12:39 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 125
Accessing permissions by Amr Khalifa
Hello everybody You know firefox browser stores my profile settings, plugins, bookmarks ....etc on users -- *username* -- application data now I cannot access these folders at all as an error message appears says that I don't have permission to access these folder, and I must find a way to access it to get a copy from this important folders and files.
August 4th 07 11:35 AM
by Mark Veldhuis Go to last post
1 123
Accessing registory remotely by [email protected]
Hi I have problem in accessing registory remoteley form one vista machine to othe vista machine . Here is code sip of my application // dwResult = WNetAddConnection2(&NetRes, pCredential-m_szPassword.data(),
February 17th 07 04:10 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 120
accessing sites by Sol
Hi I cant access my email account from my universities site. I could access anything but not my email. It just does not do anything. HELP
February 16th 07 06:52 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 126
Accessing user folders on external harddrive by lee
I have a vista harddrive from my laptop that has failed to boot vista yet it is still accessible through a external usb enclosure. I am trying to get at the user\local settings folder from a different computer(XP) to get to my Outlook 2003 datafiles. Those folders are not accessible. I know the usernames and passwords for those user accounts. How can I access these through windows explorer...
November 18th 08 04:47 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
1 274
Accessing websites on internet by Confused
why is it that certain websites appear to be blocked? example: gmail is there a way to fix this?
January 8th 08 08:03 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 130
Accidentally blocked the sidebar from installing gadgets by Nathan
When I tried to install a gadget to the sidebar I clicked the wrong option when the permission dialog box popped up. Now when ever I try to install a new gadget the box doesn't even pop up any more and I can't install any of them. Any way to reverse this change?
December 1st 07 06:15 PM
by Nathan Go to last post
0 155
Accidentally deleted defender by fastcarz
I took defender off the start menu because it was annoying me and I already had Norton and AVG running - yes i realise they do the same thing and defender does something different - i was told it didn't. So now my computer is in limited functionality mode after failing validation. Will Vista fail validation after taking defender off the start menu? What can I do to fix it - other then...
November 18th 07 04:21 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 130
Accidently blocked a program w/ UAC by mantou26e
I accidently blocked a program i wanted to use, and i cant figure out how to unblock it. The program is Aion, which uses another program to launch it. While updating Aion, the UAC popped up, and i clicked block instead of allow. Anyone know how i can fix this?
November 19th 09 01:55 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
2 341
Account locked by Alanj
Running Vista Business on a ThinkPad T43. The laptop is a member of a workgroup named workgroup. I am a consultant so I visit/authenticate to many different corp domains for use of printers, exchange, shares, etc. If I shutdown my laptop and move from one domain to another everything works fine. When I hibernate my laptop and move from one domain to another my account on the new domain...
April 24th 07 10:00 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 169
Account Permissions Problem? by David L
I'm a new Vista user and I'm trying to get used to it. I fear I might have hosed something. I must have installed something bad and was getting BSODs early in the boot process. I had to do a system restore to yesterday and the BSODs appear to be gone. I thought (not 100% sure) that previously when I was running as a standard user, then when I went into regedit, I got a couple of UAC popups...
October 14th 07 11:18 AM
by BillD Go to last post
7 222
account unknown by Loran
account unknown (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1001) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1005) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1007) Can i delete these or do i need to keep them.
April 6th 10 08:42 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post

From The