Why files do not show up under documents

Old January 25th 08, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
svirving

Default Why files do not show up under documents

My files that I have saved do not show up when I look for them, when i save
additional files or resave those files they still dont show up. need help.

the files that i have save can't be found any where, even with searching
"everywhere" however these file have been saved in the correct location,
because when i saved more files, the files that i had saved are there, are
shown.

I even try making a new folder to save them into..... I could create the
folders but still NO FILES!

please help
Old January 25th 08, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

Where are you trying to save them?
When you use Windows Explorer to go to the folder you saved them to, do you
see a button on the toolbar named "Compatibility Files"? If so, clicking on
it will take you to where they are.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old January 25th 08, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
deernut_00[_2_]

I have the same frustration with saved files , and trying to find out where
they are being stored. What intuitive reasoning is behind the "Compatibility
Files" and for what intuitive thoughts were in the Vista minds when they made
such a change from the straight-forward file management as in XP or previous
Windows systems??

Somehow, a file "saved as" ends up under
AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temorary Internet Files/ and cannot be found
using the Search function.
Why not a simple system as XP??

Old January 25th 08, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

\AppData is under your C:\Users\(youraccount)
it is normally hidden.

Old January 25th 08, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
deernut_00

Dave
That is what is frustrating...when looking for it and it is
"hidden".....duh...we can't possibly find it. If files are saved in a hidden
file, what hope does one have to then find it?
And even Search does not find it. A file so well hidden is not worth much to
the user. There must be a simpler reason behind Vista being set up this way.
deernut_00

Old January 26th 08, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
svirving

I still can't find them, I can't find this "compatibilty files". these files
I saved from a charting program and the files have the tags: htm and gif.