Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4

Old January 31st 08, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Jorge131

Default Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4

Has anybody found any problem with this package in Windows Vista?

Thanks for your comments
--
JF
Old January 31st 08, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
davey_griffo[_2_]

Yeah. I just installed Elements 6, & it won't run. No explanations/error
messages, nothing happens.

Oddly, when I looked in task manager, it doesn't appear as an application,
but does appear in processes. You can open it as many times as you like, &
each time it has a different size.

I've tried running it as administrator, with the tick in the box, on a
minimal system (disabled allsorts in msconfig), & even enabled the hidden
administrator account, but it still did the same.

The only time anything else happened, was when I ran it in safe mode, & got
this error message:

Licensing for this product has stopped working.
You cannot use it at this time. You must repair by uninstalling &
re-installing, or contacting your IT admin or Adobe customer support.

Still waiting for a reply from Adobe, but from what I've seen in other
forums, they're not much help.

I've also seen reviews on Amazon's web site, from other usrs who've had it
running. Some without problem, others have to re-install a lot. It doesn't
seem terribly stable on Vista...another reason to go back to XP??!?
Old February 1st 08, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
vanilla

I had a problem installing both when I downloaded the trial versions from
the Adobe website. A few months later, I saw the retail package and bought
it. Installed both on a Vista machine and they run fine. Sorry to hear you
are having trouble but I can verify that the retail packages do install and
run on Vista. Good luck ... vanilla

news

Old February 1st 08, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
K111[_2_]

I had PSE 5/PE 3 running on my Vista Ultimate laptop. Downloaded and
installed PSE 6/PE 4 trial it ran also. Then ordered upgrade after
uninstalling previous versions and installed from Disc and runs good also. I
have had no installation problems at all.

"vanilla" wrote in message
I had a problem installing both when I downloaded the trial versions from
the Adobe website. A few months later, I saw the retail package and bought
it. Installed both on a Vista machine and they run fine. Sorry to hear you
are having trouble but I can verify that the retail packages do install
and run on Vista. Good luck ... vanilla

news

Old February 1st 08, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GNiessen

I had serious issues with Premier Elements 3 (it would crash Vista as
soon as I started it). This was acknowledged on many forums and Adobe
said x64 was not supported. Did they come out with a patch I didn't
hear about? Can I upgrade to PE4 and actually use it now? Or are you
using it on the x32 version?

"Jorge131" Jorge131@xxxxxx wrote in message
news2D0DF46-D441-40F0-9339-867BA8457B62@xxxxxx

--
GNiessen
Old February 2nd 08, 10:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
davey_griffo[_2_]

I have an answer.
Judging by the forums I visited, there are a lot of Vista users having
trouble with Elements 6.0, which does say on the box, it runs under Vista. I
suppose you only find out how many people have a problem when you have one
yourself, & go looking for an answer.

It's a long one, but I'll try to condense it as short as possible. It also
seems unlikely, but it worked for me.

Install as per the instructions: I took out as many running programs as I
could, even going into task manager & disabling any unnecessary processes. I
don't know if this mattered in the end, but I tried it anyway.

My advice here would be, if you don't know what it does, look it up or leave
it alone.

Restart your PC. Although when mine installed it didn't ask me to,
apparently a good install is supposed to, so I did it for good measure.

Right click the icon, & in the compatability tab, click "run this program as
administrator". It's a known issue, apparently, that Elements won't run under
Vista unless you are and admin type user, & you set it to run as admin. It
does say this in the readme.

Next, go to adobe's website, & into "downlaods --- update"

As you won't find the file you're looking for there, do a search for:

Adobe Acrobat 8 licensing service update (Windows Vista
only) (it should be 486KB)

Unzip it, it doesn't matter where, but make sure you can find it :-)

Inside you'll find a file "InstAS.exe".

This may or may not work. The only way to know for sure is to run it in a
CMD box. If you get error messages it didn't work, & you'll need to do this:

Copy the "FNP_Act_Installer.dll" file into the parent directory, the one
these files are in, & create a new folder called "Licensing-Service Patch"
(no quotes) in the same folder. Copy the dll into this too.

When you run the "InstAS.exe" again (I'd run it from CMD just to be sure it
did something), it should complete.

I was told to expect it to "say something about anchoring and sit there for
3 to 4 minutes, then it will close", but this never happened to me, it ran &
instantly completed.

Now a reboot (again I'm not sure this was necessary, but I did it anyway) &
Elements should work.

DO NOT REMOVE THE RUN AS ADMIN CHECK. I did, & it didn't work. I put it back
& it was ok.

Hope this works for you Jorge.

If you have any trouble finding the Acrobat patch, mail me, & I'll send you
a copy.

Cheers!!

Old February 2nd 08, 10:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
davey_griffo[_2_]

Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice, but something bombed when I tried 1st
time, & IE told me it'd not been sent, so I re-sent it. Software, eh, who'd
be a geek ?? :-)

Old February 2nd 08, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GNiessen[_2_]

Actually, since you quoted it, you posted it three times.

You said davey_griffo;593860 Wrote:
trouble with Elements 6.0. Did you mean Premier Elements 4 or Photoshop Elements

6?

I am only looking for video editing.

Old February 3rd 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
davey_griffo[_2_]

Actually, I didn't quote it, I replied to my own message, then forgot to
delete the orginal before sending...Pillock!! :-)

Anyway, the help I got, that I sent before, I'm sure said this fix works for
both PSE 6.0 & PE 4.0.

There are known issues, as you said, with 64 bit Windows, & I think I saw it
somewhere that it's not actually supported, so if you got it working, well
done you!!

If not, give my solution a try. Maybe it'll work.

Personally, & run 32 bit Vista, & that causes enough headaches, without
going for 64 bit, which I had been led to believe, was unstable & a nightmare
to get drivers for.