ACER Utilities with Vista

Old September 11th 06, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marc Nutty

Default ACER Utilities with Vista

Hi,

Well, after installing RC1 and it not realising am on a notebook (cannot get
ANY battery options up) - dunno if its because I done a dual boot or missed
an option on the set-up but anyhoo, I wondered if there was an e-power
management or summuts out their for notebooks?

cheers,

(ps. any help on the battery front welcome too!)

Old September 11th 06, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jane C

Right-click desktop Personalize Screensaver Power Management. Click
the Change Power Settings link. There you can change power plan and fiddle
about a bit

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-)

Old September 11th 06, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marc Nutty

lol, yes I know all that, what I think it is, is that my laptop isnt OEM, it
came pre-installed with XP from ACER, therefore prob needing their utilities
to get the battery power schemes.

Old September 11th 06, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"Marc Nutty" wrote in message
lol, yes I know all that, what I think it is, is that my laptop isnt OEM,
it came pre-installed with XP from ACER, therefore prob needing their
utilities to get the battery power schemes.

What you have on your XP has nowt to do with what you have on Vista, they
run entirely seperate.
I have an Acer laptop and didn't like their preinstalled XP so purchased a
normal oem XP. I still have the battery options in Vista.
You can download the utilities from Acer website but to be honest I doubt it
will work. I tried installing one of them the other day and it failed
saying XP only.
http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads.html

Old September 11th 06, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marc Nutty

Yes i tryed the website, got the same problem.

So can I ask if you got battery power options etc... where am I going wrong?
lol

cheers,

Old September 11th 06, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"Marc Nutty" wrote in message
Yes i tryed the website, got the same problem.

So can I ask if you got battery power options etc... where am I going
wrong? lol

Go to search and type Power. Power options should be top of the list. Click
on that and it should take you to the power options for your battery.
If you are connected to mains, try unplugging the battery and plugging it
back in. You should have a little power icon by the clock.

Old September 11th 06, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marc Nutty

Tryed that and still no success When i un-plug from the mains the screen
brighness dimms a little lol, but thats it!

Old September 11th 06, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"Marc Nutty" wrote in message
Tryed that and still no success When i un-plug from the mains the
screen brighness dimms a little lol, but thats it!

What do you see when you go into power options?
If you cannot see power options in the start list, you will find it in
hardware and sound within the control panel.

Old September 12th 06, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marc Nutty

ok,

here's the link: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7350/power1yt2.jpg

PS. On my XP installation I un-installed the ACER power management and the
windows power management took over (good good).

Old September 12th 06, 09:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"Marc Nutty" wrote in message
ok,

here's the link: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7350/power1yt2.jpg

PS. On my XP installation I un-installed the ACER power management and the
windows power management took over (good good).

Well I be damned. I am sorry I got it wrong.