Vista Backup Folder Sizes?

Old March 14th 08, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Steve Mavronis

Default Vista Backup Folder Sizes?

My external 500gb drive is being used for both Vista File Backup and
Complete PC Backup. It says I now have only 70gb free on the drive? I'm
puzzled on the disk usage. My file backups go into a folder under the
PC-Name folder called Backup Set 2007-08-05 230745 but the folder properties
says it has 0 bytes usage in 33 folders. I've been doing a scheduled file
backup once a week since August 5, 2007. Now my Complete PC Backup is under
WindowsImageBackup\PC-Name\Backup 2008-01-03 052342 and the folder
properties says it is using 91gb with 10 files inside. There are no other
Backup folders under WindowsImageBackup, just a Catalog folder taking 24kb
of space. I'm wondering where the remaining used space is at? I tried
changing folder view options to show hidden and system folders but they
don't account for the missing space. I wanted to delete a bunch of the old
File Backups to make room for more Complete Backups. I'm getting an error
when trying to start a Complete PC Backup saying there is not enough space
on the drive? The File Backup still works.
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2gb RAM, 500gb RAID-0 HD,
Nvidia 8800GTX 768mb GPU, 22" Widescreen LCD, Asus/ViXS Combo-210E TV Tuner,
Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Audio, Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse, Logitech
Premium Stereo Headset, external Lacie 500gb USB backup drive

Old March 14th 08, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
John Hanley

Steve -- I wrote you some thoughts on this in reply to the post in the
newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance.