full address

Old March 12th 08, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tiffany

Default full address

Hi,

in Window XP, i used to be able to select full address to be displayed in
the address bar. But for Window Vista, I could not find the way to do it.

e.g. instead of showing D:\Document, i want to show \\sapsgsmapsnap01\document

I want to send the link to my colleague to access directly to destination
folder.

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Old March 12th 08, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

You'll find it at ToolsFolder OptionsView tab.
--
*Report back, please*

Old March 12th 08, 06:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tiffany

where to locate the tools. i am using Window Vista. Can't see the tools
button. Kindly help.

Old March 12th 08, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

If you right-click in the Breadcrumb bar, you have the option to 'Copy
Address'. You then have the text of the address on the Clipboard. Will
that help?

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

Old March 12th 08, 06:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tiffany

thanks for your help but where is the breadcrumb bar? click on the address
bar and it does have "Copy Address", "Copy Address as Text" and "Edit
Address". I click on "Copy Address" and paste it on Words, the result is just
Computer. Can help?

Thanks.

Old March 12th 08, 10:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

When you open a folder it's the menu bar at the top of the window under the
address bar.
--
*Report back, please*

Old March 12th 08, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Tiffany.

Yes, the Address Bar is affectionately known as the "breadcrumb bar" because
you can look at it and see the "trail of breadcrumbs" that lead you from the
beginning of the pathname (C:\ - for example) to the currently-displayed
location. So if you are looking at:
C:\Users\Tiffany\Documents\LetterstoMom\March12

you could click on the "Tiffany" breadcrumb to go back to that folder
without having to hit the Backspace key 3 times.

And, as Keith said, right-clicking here lets you copy the entire current
address, even if some of it is not visible in the Address Bar at the moment.
Of course, if you are looking at C:\Computer at the time, then that's all
that will be Copied and Pasted.

e.g. instead of showing D:\Document, i want to show
\\sapsgsmapsnap01\document

Why the "\\" double back-slashes? Is that a network location? Since I know
nothing about networks, all I can do is ask the question; someone else
should be able to help with the answer if that is the case.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old March 12th 08, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

If you don't see the Toolbar in Vista, press the Alt key.
But you can also get to the View menu by clicking on Organize - Folder &
Search options - View
[x] Display the full path in the title bar (Classic folders only)

then right-click on the Title bar (breadcrumb path) and select "Copy address
as text"

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old March 12th 08, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

So want the UNC path even on your local computer? I don't know how to
achieve that. I don't think the address bar in XP gave that either.

Old March 12th 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

See if either of these helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/160529