Live OneCare

Old October 11th 06, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kryten

Default Live OneCare

Cool, glad you've made your choice.

I would have stuck with live onecare, then I ran a full scan and it took
FIVE HOURS to check 49Gb of files on my hard drive.

Unfortunately, CA antivirus, while compatible with RC1 build 5600 is NOT
compatible with RC2 build 5744, so I am going to have to look elsewhere.

"pippin" wrote:

Thank you for this feedback it has been very useful to help me make my mind
up. I also read there was a few slow down issues when browsing. I know I
prefer to configure things myself even regarding WU - I have let Vista do the
auto update routine but with any of my XP installs I go to WU myself for
updates.

I appreciate your help plus think OC would only be considered for my beta
install of Vista but at the moment I will leave this as I am not keen on a
total control element. Thank you

"CZ" wrote:

Any feedback on Onecare working with Vista

pippin:

I am not impressed, and I prefer Perfect Disk (defragger) and avast
(anti-virus) as they provide more granular control.

Using it on Vista build 5728:

The "Checklist" items with my comments:
Remove unnecessary files:
Disabled by default, otherwise no settings
Defrag hard disk:
No settings
Scans all vols (on all hard disks) that Vista can see into
Scan for viruses & other unwanted s/w:
Can disable
Has an exclusions setting; can exclude a vol
Check for files needing backup:
Can disable
Check for needed security updates from MS:
no comments