Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login

Old July 8th 08, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
THNKIT

Default Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login

My wife and I have been unable to Login & repeatedly get the above message.

I have looked on all the relevant threads noting the above and can't find a
solution because each solution requires 1) accessing "Start", 2) accessing
msconfig, 3) setting up a second administrator.

I can't fathom how to do any of the above solutions if I can't even logon to
go to them. Please help me get out of this loop and it will be much
appreciated.
Old July 9th 08, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Smithsonian[_5_]

This is getting to be quite a problem with many people now. Your going to
have to find a program you can burn to a disk from another computer(if you
have one). Otherwise, theyre are limited options.
Try googling "reset windows vista password"
There should be a iso somewhere.
when you do get it reset, you may want to enable the administrator account
and write down the password somewhere
OR
create a password reset disc

Old July 9th 08, 04:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
THNKIT

Default Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Log

Thanks for the idea. I can use a thumb drive if I know 1) what program to
download from my toshiba with windows & 2) how to get it onto my locked dell
if I can't get passed the Password prompt. I can't access start,
accessories, command prompt........nothing. Any ideas how/what to do from
here?

Thanks

Old July 9th 08, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mick Murphy

Above is the password program for an ISO file.

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_admini...r_password.htm

Something for future reference about recovering passwords.

And MS's help to fix a corrupted user profile ifo is in link below.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...2001e1033.mspx
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old July 10th 08, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Melle

i just had something like this.
if you have another hard drive with an operating system, plug it in, make
sure to sign in to that harddrive, go to computer, double sclick the hard
drive you can not access, and now you have access to it. not sure how yours
is set up but you can get to user profiles and make a new one just for log in
sake or change the one you are having problems with.

worked for me

Old July 10th 08, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
gvagal[_6_]

GREAT LINKS BELOW, THANK YOU MR. MURPHY FOR SHARING THOSE.
I SAVED EVERY ONE OF THEM IN MY FAVORITES JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

BUT TO MELLE, YOUR INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING THE HARD DRIVES ARE SURELY
NOT FRIENDLY FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T A WHIZ AT COMPUTERS. I HAVE TAUGHT
MYSELF A LOT, BUT I CANNOT FOLLOW GOING TO A HARD DRIVE, SIGNING IN,
THEN GOING TO MY PROBLEM COMPUTER AND DOUBLE CLICKING.... DOUBLE CLICK
WHAT? IF ONE IS LOCKED OUT AND HAS NOTHING BUT A BLACK SCREEN SAYING
\"USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON\", THEN WHAT DO YOU CLICK ONTO?
I DON'T KNOW... PROBABLY A STUPID QUESTION, BUT I JUST CAN'T FOLLOW YOUR
DIRECTIONS. CAN YOU ELABORATE ANY MORE AT ALL? THANK YOU.

FOR ME, THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED, AND I WAS LUCKY THAT I HAD SET UP
OTHER USER ACCOUNTS, WAS TO SIGN INTO ANOTHER ACCOUNT; AND THERE I WENT
TO MY SYSTEM RESTORE AND RESTORED MY SYSTEM TO A DATE PRIOR TO WHEN THE
PROBLEM STARTED. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. SYSTEM RESTORE. IT IS THE
BEST THING WINDOWS EVER DID FOR US! I CAN SEND DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO
USE THIS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

gvagal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52438
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=997965

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 10th 08, 05:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Melle

having a second account proves to have benefits once again.
I assumed you did not have one(wasnt mentioned)so i tried to show another
way to access that harddrive which you where unable to log on to. that is if
you had a second harddrive , u select computer, then hard disk drive(not c),
then you have now bypassed login and access as if you had logged in. then go
about everyhting the same way, to makek a another "user account" to log on
or if possible (depending on the exact problem why you were locked out)mend
the problem, which in your case was restore. so basically i told you how to
do exactly what you soon realized,and did.

Old July 10th 08, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
t-4-2[_98_]

THNKIT;770358 Wrote:
My wife and I have been unable to Login & repeatedly get the above
message.

I have looked on all the relevant threads noting the above and can't
find a
solution because each solution requires 1) accessing "Start", 2)
accessing
msconfig, 3) setting up a second administrator.

I can't fathom how to do any of the above solutions if I can't even
logon to
go to them. Please help me get out of this loop and it will be much
appreciated.

Hello THINKIT,
Try the link below. Use method 2 ( you knew 1 won't work.)
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html

--
t-4-2
Old July 12th 08, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Donald Teague Jr.

-"_Use_System_Restore_to_fix_problems_and_undo_chan ges_to_Windows_".-
The answer is so simple. Why don't people get it? Isn't it obvious
that... If everything was working fine _at_the_time_ you logged off,
then something changed _while_ you were logged off." The only way that
can happen is via Windows "Automatic Updates".

Windows updated something that changed your registry and caused this
problem. One should not have to do anything to correct the problem.
Just go to System Restore, and let Windows restore your system to the
date when you last logged off. System Restore has certain restore
points for you to choose from, and it will show you what updated after
your last log-off.

It happened to me, so I know what I am talking about. Fortunately for
me, I had set-up more than one User Account, so I logged into another
User Account and went to System Restore. Once there, I set it to take
my system back one day, prior to an update that happened the day _after_
I last logged off! Once I did that, I logged out of that User Account,
and tried my main User Account again. System Restore had worked
perfectly. I was able to log-in as usual and everything was back to
normal!

It is amazing to me how much bad advice is being given to correct this
problem. If people take any of this bad advice they are likely to
royally mess up their system.

For those who might not know how to reach System Restore, just go to
your control panel, then System and Maintenance, then Backup Your
Computer, and there you will see a link that says:
-"_Use_System_Restore_to_fix_problems_and_undo_chan ges_to_Windows_".-

I hope this helps some people who are hurting for a fix; and even if it
doesn't, it surely won't waste your system.

-

--
Donald Teague Jr.
Donald Teague Jr.'s Profile:

Old July 12th 08, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mick Murphy

Here is your advice below.
Now hero, tell the good people HOW to get to where YOU say to go when they
CAN NOT log in, and they are a single user account.!!!!!
Don't know, do you??????