dvd writer keeps disappearing Do this.

Old December 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
FunkyMagic

Default dvd writer keeps disappearing Do this.

It might seem a bit off the wall, but if your DVD drive goes missing, try
putting your desktop to sleep and then waking up again.

This works for me.
Old December 20th 06, 07:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Shaunie

Thanks for this, at first I thought you was pulling my leg! Lol but as my DVD
writer keeps disappearing and I have tried everything else on here I gave it
a go and it worked! But there must be a better fix then putting the desktop
to sleep, I can't believe I’m going to say this but I Love Vista its the best
windows out since 95 and until I read your reply I was about to format and go
back to XP which I don’t want to do. So I hope someone can find a better fix
for us to keep enjoying Vista.

Thanks Alot for posting this )

Old December 5th 09, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gene E. Bloch

Default dvd writer keeps disappearing

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 04:46:01 +0530, carlosmdo wrote:

This worked for me, but it wasn't clear to me what exactly was meant by
the instructions above, but before I do I would just like to express how
disgusted I am with the Microsoft Windows experience. This thread is
from 2006 and MS hasn't implemented a solution in one of it's infamous
service packs. I have to search the internet for solutions to problems
with THEIR product.

I mean who doesn't want their dvd rom to stop disappearing. I running
hardware that isn't even a year old. Vista sucks.

I couldn't find anything labeled "filters" but I just deleted the line
that contained "REG_MULTI_SZ" anyway and now my dvd rom doesn't
disappear.

Thanks.........I hope I haven't spoken to soon.

Not too soon, but in a vacuum.

You failed to quote the information you are responding to, and it doesn't
exist on the Microsoft server, so no one here has any idea what you're
talking about.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom