Windows Mail Rules Sets?

Old January 8th 09, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ross M. Greenberg

Default Windows Mail Rules Sets?

What is the best newsgroup to seek out answers to questions on Windows Mail rule sets under Windows Vista/Ultimate?

Thanks.

Old January 8th 09, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mick Murphy

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
--
Mad Mike

Old January 8th 09, 11:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

See also http://www.mindspring.com/~oe_oh/

The rules between OE and WinMail are much the same except the location of
them is under Tools | Junk email options as well as Tools | Message rules.

steve

Old January 8th 09, 12:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
nannan

I have some messages that it will not let me delete from my deleted messages
file. It keeps saying a error has occured. way is this happening

Old January 8th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gary VanderMolen

If any message can't be moved or deleted, apply this Microsoft fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090

Although that article only mentions Outbox, it works for all mail folders.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Old January 9th 09, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

The rules are stored in the registry. If you can't get the information from
the actual rule itself, you can look in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Rules

Old January 9th 09, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Ross M. Greenberg

Steve, oh I have no problem finding the rules. I have a zillion of them. However I was trying to figure out which one a particular was causing a message to end up in the Deleted folder or the Junk folder. Currently I'm forced to look in the junk folder and then mark individual messages as "not junk"
there should be some means of determining which rule actually stuck it there so I can modify or disable it.