Updated drivers not included in Pre-RC1

Old August 30th 06, 10:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Angel Massa

Default Updated drivers not included in Pre-RC1

When I tested Beta 2 I had a problem with my wifi onboard driver. It was
recognized by Vista but the driver don't work as expected. As I get my
Internet connection from a WiFi network I had to take my desktop PC to a
friend house and connect through the Ethernet LAN.

After getting connection I was glad to see that Windows Update reported an
updated wifi driver for my system. After the update my WiFi worked perfectly
and I can get Internet at home. :-)

Yesterday I installed Pre-RC1 hoping that this will be fixed already. But
after the installation I found the the problem repeated. My wifi failing
again!!! If they had an update why is not included on this release?

I was imagining me taking all my heavy desktop box to my friend house again
to recover Internet connection. But luckily I had an idea... After the
intallation of Pre-RC1 I had a Windows.old folder with all the previous
user, programs and Windows data. So I've opened my device manager and update
my WiFi driver looking at the old Windows folder. It worked!!! :-)

Windows detectec the drivers on the old installation, updated and not it
works.

I'm happy to get it working but I'm not so happy to see that this update is
not included in the new release.

Regards,
Angel.