Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

after vacation most subscription type emails no longer come in

Old February 8th 10, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
slk759

Default after vacation most subscription type emails no longer come in

Since you "played around with your settings" check the RR site login for any
SPAM / JUNK settings you may have enabled. If you checked a whole series of
emails and then noted them as "Junk" or "Spam" you may have inadvertently
included mail from your sister-in-law or whomever. You may have to get into
those settings and "unblock" certain senders.

"curiousBARB" wrote in message
I think it is very well possible I changed settings - Id been playing with
changing from windows mail to windows live mail.

Spent a good deal of time with road runner yesterday and as far as they
can
tell everything is working fine on the server. they sent me a test email
and
I got it immediately. My sister in laws emails dont come in and I am not
getting my usual facebook update notifications. I checked on this forum
where
it asks if I want to be notified of replies - and I didnt get that.

What a dummy I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help you can give would be GREATLY appreciated!

"Sam Hobbs" wrote:

It is entirely possible that your email provider is filtering spam;
perhaps
it is entirely coincidental that the filtering began when you went on
vacation. Is it possible that you modified your email settings in your
provider's server in a manner that you did not expect it to have that
affect? If you don't mind speculation, one wild theory is that there was
so
much spam held by your email provider's server for you that they decided
implement spam filtering.

"curiousBARB" wrote in message
ike so many of us - I have usually been overwhelmed with spam,junk and
sometimes email lists I have signed up for. It has not been unheard of
for
me
to get over 100 emails after a one days absence of checking email.
Just returned from a 9 day vacation and was surprised to find only a
handful
of emails. Test emails to myself come through just fine. Had my husband
as
well as a friend send me test emails and they came through ok too.
But since our return I have onlly had one or two ad emails from amazon
and
that sort of thing.
Im not really minding the lack of spam etc - but this is just plain
eerie.
Sorta like a twilight zone.....
any suggestions?
Thanks
I tried connecting directly to my server adn the same thing

.