Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

All of a sudden i cannot send emails but can recieve.

Old February 20th 10, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave[_29_]

Default All of a sudden i cannot send emails but can recieve.

Seems like you are going to have to ask AOL what the situation is.
Perhaps they have migrated the former Netscape users over to AOL email
accounts...?

"netscapeuser" / wrote in message
old netscape user here
same problem here
i can fix by changing acct settings to
but fail when set to @netscape.net

from aol support site
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/...200%2038098181

Keep the Same Netscape Mail Address
Your Netscape e-mail address is yours to keep for life! You may still send
and receive mail with it.

---
frmsrcurl:
http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ut-can-recieve

Old February 20th 10, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
DottieA

I'm not on AOL and am having the same problem. Has anyone found the answer?
I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden. An automatic
update of some sort screwing things up???

ERROR MESSAGE [last of several attempts since Fri [2/19]]

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject '
April S.W.A.T. Project', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '551 not our
customer', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 551, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

"Darren" wrote:

Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley still the same probs as SLL was
unchecked and i have .com on the address.
--
rather be playing golf

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.

Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
or @aim.com.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Darren" wrote in message ...

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
--
rather be playing golf

.

Old February 20th 10, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
DottieA

Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online help
instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
the 'advance' section. ATT has joined up with YAHOO. I sent out emails Fri
AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',

Old February 21st 10, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Daryl

I have had similiar problem, use ATT and went through their steps and still
doesn't work. I also turned off anti-virus and that didn't help. I deleted
account and re-created and same thing.

--
Daryl

"DottieA" wrote:

Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online help
instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
the 'advance' section. ATT has joined up with YAHOO. I sent out emails Fri
AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',

Old February 21st 10, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
pglewis

There seems to be a weird problem going on with AOL's SMTP at the
moment. Quite a few of us having trouble sending from external clients
but no problem receiving.

I've been able to work around the issue for the moment by changing the
account name and email address in my mail client to " instead
of ". This isn't ideal, but at least I can send again, and
incoming mail to my " address still works (so far).

--
pglewis
Old February 21st 10, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Daryl

I just tried going to my server page again, att and I had missed checking one
of the boxes for security. Not sure why it started after it has been working
but I had to change quite a bit also.
Thanks.
--
Daryl

"DottieA" wrote:

Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online help
instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
the 'advance' section. ATT has joined up with YAHOO. I sent out emails Fri
AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',

Old February 21st 10, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

No, it's not a Microsoft problem. This particular problem is unique
to Netscape and AOL/AIM users. Contact AOL for assistance.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Silky" wrote in message ...
I'm having the same problems as of last night. It's worse today. Think maybe
it's a problem with microsoft all of a sudden? Sometimes these things
correct themselves, or at least that's what I've noticed in the recent past.
This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem. I checked my
accounts under tools and my smtp and all is correct.

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',

Old February 21st 10, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

If your problem is not related to AOL, it is best to post in a separate
thread. As always, if you want custom help, post your complete
error message.

--

"DottieA" wrote:

Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online help
instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
the 'advance' section. ATT has joined up with YAHOO. I sent out emails Fri
AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..

Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',