My Computer is stuck in endless shutdown/reboot

Old March 27th 10, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nspeed

Default My Computer is stuck in endless shutdown/reboot

Here 3 days ago i was playing a game on my computer and suddenly it just
shut off.
when i try to start it again the fan is just running for 4 sec then it
shuts down and reboots again. This loop will go on forever and it never
starts. The only way of getting it to stop is cutting the power totally.

I laid my computer to rest for a day and i tried starting again. it
runned perfectly for about 1 hour, then whitout any warning at all it
just shuts off again, Just like if someone cutted the power. I have not
been able to start it since.

I have tried to plug out the harddisk too see if something on that might
have caused the problem, but same thing happens, Keeps rebooting every
4th second.

someone please have an answer for this.

Thank you

--
Nspeed
Old March 27th 10, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Shenan Stanley

Nspeed wrote:
Here 3 days ago i was playing a game on my computer and suddenly it
just shut off.
when i try to start it again the fan is just running for 4 sec then
it shuts down and reboots again. This loop will go on forever and
it never starts. The only way of getting it to stop is cutting the
power totally.

I laid my computer to rest for a day and i tried starting again. it
runned perfectly for about 1 hour, then whitout any warning at all
it just shuts off again, Just like if someone cutted the power. I
have not been able to start it since.

I have tried to plug out the harddisk too see if something on that
might have caused the problem, but same thing happens, Keeps
rebooting every 4th second.

someone please have an answer for this.

Sounds like hardware failure. There is not much in the software world that
would have the symptoms you describe.

Turn off your computer, unplug it from power and everything else, open up
the case, blow out the dust with some canned air made to do such things.
Ensure all the cables/memory/cpu are well seated in place (for the
cables/memory - I would go as far as telling you to unhook said devices and
hook them right back up - called 'reseating' - it will all but guaratee the
proper connections are being made.)

Put the computer back together, hook it all back up and turn it back on. If
it still fails - something is probably overheating due to a more permanent
problem than dust.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Old March 27th 10, 11:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Michael

"Nspeed" wrote in message

Here 3 days ago i was playing a game on my computer and suddenly it just
shut off.
when i try to start it again the fan is just running for 4 sec then it
shuts down and reboots again. This loop will go on forever and it never
starts. The only way of getting it to stop is cutting the power totally.

I laid my computer to rest for a day and i tried starting again. it
runned perfectly for about 1 hour, then whitout any warning at all it
just shuts off again, Just like if someone cutted the power. I have not
been able to start it since.

I have tried to plug out the harddisk too see if something on that might
have caused the problem, but same thing happens, Keeps rebooting every
4th second.

someone please have an answer for this.

Thank you

Sounds like your video card bought the farm.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Old March 28th 10, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Patrick Keenan

"Nspeed" wrote in message

Here 3 days ago i was playing a game on my computer and suddenly it just
shut off.
when i try to start it again the fan is just running for 4 sec then it
shuts down and reboots again. This loop will go on forever and it never
starts. The only way of getting it to stop is cutting the power totally.

I laid my computer to rest for a day and i tried starting again. it
runned perfectly for about 1 hour, then whitout any warning at all it
just shuts off again, Just like if someone cutted the power. I have not
been able to start it since.

I have tried to plug out the harddisk too see if something on that might
have caused the problem, but same thing happens, Keeps rebooting every
4th second.

someone please have an answer for this.

Thank you

If the PC shuts off and restarts by itself, it's likely software. If it
shuts off and stays off, it's hardware failure, often due to heat. It
could potentially be the power supply, but otherwise it's hard - meaning
expensive - to isolate the failed components, and there could well be
multiple failures. You will fix by replacement.

--
Nspeed

Old March 29th 10, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nspeed

I've found out the cause of my problem.

I brought it in to a PC repair guy and he could instantly tell me that
its my motherboard thats been fryed and likely have unstable components.

only thing left for me to do is to get a new Computer and plug my
harddisk in

Thank you for your help

--
Nspeed
Old March 29th 10, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Shenan Stanley

Nspeed wrote:
I've found out the cause of my problem.

I brought it in to a PC repair guy and he could instantly tell me
that its my motherboard thats been fryed and likely have unstable
components.

only thing left for me to do is to get a new Computer and plug my
harddisk in

Thank you for your help

Except that is not quite how things usually work in WIndows systems beyond
Windows 98. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Old March 29th 10, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]

I've seen a bad BIOS on the MB do this also

Russ

--
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC