Network is OK, internet is not

Old May 30th 10, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Rouke

Default Network is OK, internet is not

Hi,

I just installed an old XP machine in an existing and working network with a
mix of XP and Vista PCs. From the newly installed XP machine I can access
the files on the other computers, but when trying to log onto the internet,
I get the message that the connection was interrupted. I think I've checked
everything, but must be overlooking something. Does anyone have any
suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,

Old May 30th 10, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
In order to help in such matter you have to post what the nature of your
Internet connection is and how the connection (Mode, Router) is configured.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

Old May 31st 10, 09:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Rouke[_2_]

Thanks Jack,

The newly installed PC (and other XP-PC and Vista-laptop) connect to a
router (by cable), which in turn connects to the broadband modem (also by
cable). The other computers can access the internet correctly. This message
is proof that ;-)

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" schreef in bericht

Old August 7th 12, 07:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
kylnmhanks

Rouke wrote on 05/30/2010 15:22 ET :
Hi,

I just installed an old XP machine in an existing and working network with a
mix of XP and Vista PCs. From the newly installed XP machine I can access
the files on the other computers, but when trying to log onto the internet,
I get the message that the connection was interrupted. I think I've checked
everything, but must be overlooking something. Does anyone have any
suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,

I suggest you that you should installed LAN first and check the internet
connection and proxy should be properly used or not. This type of little
mistakes makes large problems.

http://www.sivanandabahamas.org