Vista Snipping tool

Old December 7th 13, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener

Default Vista Snipping tool

I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool is
not there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can I
replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---

Old December 7th 13, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gene E. Bloch[_5_]

On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool is not
there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can I
replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---
protection is active.

Find the snipping tool in C:\Windows\Windows32 and create a new
shortcut.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Old December 7th 13, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Kirk Bubul[_2_]

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 14:30:52 -0800, Gene E. Bloch
wrote:

On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool is not
there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can I
replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---
protection is active.

Find the snipping tool in C:\Windows\Windows32 and create a new
shortcut.

In windows 8.1 it is called SnippingTool.exe
Old December 7th 13, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gene E. Bloch[_5_]

On 12/07/2013, Kirk Bubul posted:
wrote:

On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool is
not there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can I
replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---
protection is active.

Find the snipping tool in C:\Windows\Windows32 and create a new
shortcut.

In windows 8.1 it is called SnippingTool.exe

I figured the OP cold get close enough just knowing he's looking for a
.... wait for it ... Snipping Tool.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Old December 8th 13, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool is
not there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can
I replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---
protection is active.

Find the snipping tool in C:\Windows\Windows32 and create a new shortcut.

Thanks for the reply but there is no windows32 under C: Windows in Home
Premium. There's a System32 but no Snipping tool under that. Turning on
Windows Features/Tablet PC OptionalComponents brought it up as per another
posters advice. I still don't know where the exe for it hides. Agent
Ransack only finds the shortcuts and it's the best search software I've ever
used.

Old December 8th 13, 06:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener

wrote:

On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
I just did a System Recovery on my Vista desktop and the Snipping Tool
is not
there now. I can't seem to find a place to download it from. How can I
replace it as I use it quite a bit. TIA

---
protection is active.

Find the snipping tool in C:\Windows\Windows32 and create a new
shortcut.

In windows 8.1 it is called SnippingTool.exe

See reply to K. Bloch. Under C: Windows in both Vista (32 bit) and W7 Home
Premium (64 bit), it goes from Web to Winsxs - there is no windows32.

---

Old December 8th 13, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gene E. Bloch[_5_]

On 12/07/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
Thanks for the reply but there is no windows32 under C: Windows in Home
Premium. There's a System32 but no Snipping tool under that. Turning on
Windows Features/Tablet PC OptionalComponents brought it up as per another
posters advice. I still don't know where the exe for it hides. Agent
Ransack only finds the shortcuts and it's the best search software I've ever
used.

You are 100% wrong, but I think I know why.

Try this:

Open up Windows Explorer and select Organize on the menu bar.

Click Folder and search options, then the View tab.

Uncheck Hide operating system files. TO be safe, also select Show
hidden files, folders, and drives.

Note a couple of things.

1. I am not "K." Bloch, as in your other post.

2. The directory is not C: Windows, it is C:\Windows, and you are
looking for C:\Windows\windows32.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Old December 19th 13, 08:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener[_2_]

[...]

Thanks. I have it. I just didn't look down far enough.

Old December 19th 13, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gene E. Bloch[_5_]

On 12/19/2013, R.H. Breener posted:
[...]

Here's a handy trick. If you know the name of the file, highlight
anything in the file pane (just to be sure it has the focus) and type
the first letter or two of the name. If you type the first letter and
wait a second or two, type it again to get the next file or folder
starting with that name.

That's especially convenient when the files are sorted in some strange
order (just a joking way to imply non-alphabetic).

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
Old December 22nd 13, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R.H. Breener[_3_]

[...]

Thanks, that's good to know. It works like a charm. :^)