HP Scanjet 5400c problems

Old February 13th 07, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dad

Default HP Scanjet 5400c problems

Has anyone been able to get their HP Scanjet 5400c to work? I can get the
thing to scan but an image onto the monitor but then when you outline what
you want to scan in the final scan it will not scan just that image and it
will not save it. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think it is the
scanner (driver) or the software that I am using? (paperport)?

Old February 13th 07, 08:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chas

Dad wrote:
Has anyone been able to get their HP Scanjet 5400c to work? I can get
the thing to scan but an image onto the monitor but then when you
outline what you want to scan in the final scan it will not scan just
that image and it will not save it. Any help would be appreciated. Do
you think it is the scanner (driver) or the software that I am using?
(paperport)?

I have a Scanjet 5400C and its working fine. Mind you I did do and
update from Windows XP. I'm using the HP software, HP Precisionscan Pro
that came with the scanner. I'm on version 3.13 is is probably an update
I downloaded from HP.

Its producing scans OK

Old February 13th 07, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Douglass C Reeves

I have an HP ScanJet 5470c and it works fine with Vista x86 using the HP
XP drivers (3.13).
I have not had to, but have you tried running the scanning software in XP
compatibility mode?

Old February 13th 07, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Wyn Griffith

And if none of the other suggestions works try and see if installing
Deskscan 2.9 software enables you to use it with the TWAIN connection.

This is on a scsi connected HP SJ5P, a real oldie. Are you using the
USB or parallel connection?

Deskscan 2.9 used to be recommended by TeamHP when people had problems
with Precisionscan.

I just tried scanning a smallish memo sheet and it not only did the
Preview scan but set it automatically to the size of the actual sheet
and then I did Final and it asked for a file name and saved it as that.

Old February 18th 07, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RR Johnson Jr.

There is no Vista driver from HP nor any Vista software from HP for this
scanner. The only solution for your scanner in MS Vista is VueScan software.
There is a free demo available you can try but when you print or scan it
will have watermarks until you purchase a license:

http://www.hamrick.com/index.html

regards
Robert

Old July 29th 08, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sadlbum52

I can't get my ScanJet 5400C to work either. I have a brand new PC with
Vista Home Premium.

Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks

--
sadlbum52
Old July 29th 08, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sadlbum52

This is a continuation of my last post. When I plugged the scanner in,
it saif that it automatically loaded the driver. However, I am not able
to even load the software, Precision Pro 3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

--
sadlbum52
Old July 29th 08, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Boskey

"sadlbum52" wrote in message

This is a continuation of my last post. When I plugged the scanner in,
it saif that it automatically loaded the driver. However, I am not able
to even load the software, Precision Pro 3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

--
sadlbum52

"http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01123715&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&prod uct=59064&lang=en"
It appears the Scanjet 5400c is not supported by HP to work with Vista.

Old July 29th 08, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:41:48 -0500, sadlbum52
wrote:

This is a continuation of my last post. When I plugged the scanner in,
it saif that it automatically loaded the driver. However, I am not able
to even load the software, Precision Pro 3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Everything you need to know is right there on the forum you posted
from: your software won't work.

The rest of us out here in the REAL Usenet world don't see those
posts.
Old July 29th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

wrote:

This is a continuation of my last post. When I plugged the scanner in,
it saif that it automatically loaded the driver. However, I am not able
to even load the software, Precision Pro 3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

By the way... did you notice that the people you are trying to get
help from stopped posting FEBRUARY OF 2007?