Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

attachments sending help

Old September 10th 07, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve

Default attachments sending help

Go to this page and download the Microsoft update for either the 32 or 64 Bit
mail program that you are running. If unsure, click on either one. If your
system isn't running it, it will tell you so. Then just use the other. It
worked for me and only took 6 months to find!

You would think Microsoft would put it into their Automatic Updates...

http://www.vistax64.com/tricks-n-tip...-problems.html

"Julian" wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi! Guys!

I have the same problem. BUT...I do not have any virus software. Vista
Windows e-mail is the problem. Remember the old days, guys, when we had
Outlook and Windows XP? No issues.

I haven't seen a response yet that solves this issue. Mamybe someone from
Microsoft can answer it or something.

It makes us with Windows E-mail look like we are in the stone ages and
can't
keep up with everyone else. I would love a sloution to this. What the hell
went wrong with MS technology??

Right now as I write this I am sending a song to a friend. It is stuck. It
is saying it can't do it or some error message crap.

If you guys find thee answer let me know. Thanks

If you are serious about wanting help
rather than just having a mindless rant
post your error message crap.

Old September 10th 07, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve

Sorry, Here's a more direct link to the Microsoft download web page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/941090/en-us

Old September 10th 07, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve

Sorry, Here's a more direct link to the Microsoft download web page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.../941090/en-us;

Old November 1st 07, 10:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Kiwi John[_2_]

I don't believe that the issue is an anti-virus problem, but rather some
inherent problem in Windows Mail and Ouylook 2007. I have three systems, one
running XP with Outlook 2003, one running Vista and Outlook 2003 and one
running Vista and Outlook 2007. All ahve AVG antivirus. As a test I have
tried sending the exact same same e-mail and attachments (approx 6MB), using
same ISP and POP account. On the two machines running Outlook 2003 there is
no problem. On the machine running Outlook 2007 there is no way it will send.

I have been communicating with an MS technician for a week now. We are now
at the satge of uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office (which as I have
already tried this am doubtful of success). There are no error messages to
report, e-mails with large attachments just don't send and at this stage it
would appear that Microsoft have no idea what is causing it, and I am being
dealt with as if it is a one of problem with my set-up even though I have
pointed out that there are numerous posts about this issue on their own
Windows Communities discussion groups.

Anyone out there made any progress on the problem that may be able to assist?

Old November 1st 07, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

It would be easy to test your theory. On the machine with Outlook 2007,
temporarily uninstall your antivirus, then try sending again. Even if
there is no change, it could still be a unique oddity. The fact is that
millions of users have no problem sending attachments with Outlook
2007 or Windows Mail. How do you account for that?

To be sure, we have not seen much of a problem with AVG as long as
it was installed without its email scanning module.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Old November 2nd 07, 08:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Kiwi John[_2_]

Good Evening,

I can send attachments. It is that on two of the systems I can send an
e-mail with attachments totalling 6MB. On the Outlook 2007/Vista system
anything over 3.5MB will not send. Otherts appear to have the same problem.

I have tried the following:

Unistalled all Anti Virus
Completely uninstalled(Including manual Registry uninstall) MS Office and
reinstalled
Run Outlook in safe Mode
Run Windows in Safe Mode
Created a new Windows User and new account in Outlook

The result is always the same..any e-mail with attachments greater than
about 3MB will not send, but those under that limit will send

Old November 2nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Kiwi John" wrote in message
Good Evening,

I can send attachments. It is that on two of the systems I can send an
e-mail with attachments totalling 6MB. On the Outlook 2007/Vista system
anything over 3.5MB will not send. Otherts appear to have the same
problem.

I have tried the following:

Unistalled all Anti Virus
Completely uninstalled(Including manual Registry uninstall) MS Office and
reinstalled
Run Outlook in safe Mode
Run Windows in Safe Mode
Created a new Windows User and new account in Outlook

The result is always the same..any e-mail with attachments greater than
about 3MB will not send, but those under that limit will send

Do these two systems use the same ISP?
Most ISPs limit the size of emails.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old November 3rd 07, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Kiwi John[_2_]

All three systems are going through the same router and broadband connection.
It is the same e-mail pop account set-up on each system, with all settings
exactly the same.

Old February 7th 08, 04:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Phil

I have never installed an antivirus program on my copy of vista as I do not
normally use this pc for mail.
I can receive mail (even with attachments) no problem. Sending is fine
until I attach something or if its a reply with pictures. It appears to send
99% then hangs until server timeout. Tried the
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/941090/en-us
fix but no joy there either. I can however delete the message from my outbox.
Any ideas/suggestions/fixes would be greatly appreciated.