Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

attachments sending help

Old February 7th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

Default attachments sending help

"Phil" wrote in message

I have never installed an antivirus program on my copy of vista as I do
not
normally use this pc for mail.
I can receive mail (even with attachments) no problem. Sending is fine
until I attach something or if its a reply with pictures. It appears to
send
99% then hangs until server timeout. Tried the
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/941090/en-us
fix but no joy there either. I can however delete the message from my
outbox.
Any ideas/suggestions/fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Many PC makers include trial versions of antivirus software with their
installed versions of Vista. Are you sure you don't have one, even if
you didn't install it?

Windows Mail handles attachments better if you make sure all other
programs that use them are closed before you attach them. Have you
tried this?

There are both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version of the 941090
fix. Have you tried them both? The one that doesn't match your
version of Vista will just refuse to install.

You may not have the setup for your email account under Windows
Mail quite right. You can ask your email provider (who is probably
also your internet provider) for their instructions for setting up to use
their email servers. If they haven't written instructions for Windows
Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook Express should also work
under Windows Mail as long as they don't call for the HTTP
protocol. The instructions are probably somewhere on their web
site. Or, you could tell us who your email provider is and see if
anyone here already knows where to find the instructions.