COA Number Invalid?

Old February 19th 07, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
mykest

Default COA Number Invalid?

Anyone else having trouble getting the Vista upgrade from the DELL site? DELL
says my COA number isn't being accepted due to a fault by Microsoft. It seems
that MS stupidly changed COA numbers of computers already sold and did not
notify DELL. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Old February 19th 07, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
emanon

"mykest" wrote in message
Anyone else having trouble getting the Vista upgrade from the DELL site?
DELL
says my COA number isn't being accepted due to a fault by Microsoft. It
seems
that MS stupidly changed COA numbers of computers already sold and did not
notify DELL. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

You are going to be told 1) You need to buy a full version, not an upgrade
of Vista, then when that won't run all your peripherals you will be told 2)
You need to buy another computer and 3) Your Full Version of Vista makes a
nice set of drink coasters (If you got the) CD version because you will not
be given credit for the money you already laid out.

Old February 19th 07, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conor

In article , emanon says...

Stupid ****.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old February 19th 07, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Rick Rogers

Call Dell. Seriously, you are not going to be able to resolve this here.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old February 19th 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Shane Nokes

Dell is lying if they told you this plain and simple.

Dell is responsible for the COA's they give out and the only way MS can
revoke those COA's is if they are not valid.

So either:

1. Dell was issuing non-valid COA's from the beginning (which is actually
not all that unlikely)

2. The COA processing site is having an issue (also not all that unlikely)

Remember Dell is also the company that is currently taking 3-5 weeks to ship
out Retail versions of Vista while every other single site can ship them
within 24 hours.

They also are the company that will not have most of their printers
compatible with Vista for another several months.

Imagine being a company with a Dell exclusive contract and poof no drivers
for any of your printers for 2-3 months

Old February 19th 07, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Alan

You're mother or daughter wrote the posts that you refer to??

Alan

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , emanon says...

Old February 19th 07, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
mykest

Rick Rogers,

Did that. Dell says contact MS. Dell says the "operating system is not
theirs." I think that Dell only owns the name. Everthing else in their
machines is made by someone else so Dell can always say, "not my problem."

Myke

Old February 19th 07, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
mykest

Shane,

I agree with you that Dell should be responsible but I spent an hour on the
Dell customer service chat site and discussed this issue with a rep and then
a supervisor. The supervisor would not give me the next level at Dell
management. Kind of funny if I hadn't been so ticked off at the time. If Dell
is the best in customer service for computers, it is only because they are
the best of the worst. Dell tells me that this has happened to mucho people
and they have been inundated with calls/contacts in tech support and customer
service. The "update" (as the supervisor referred to it) from Dell was to
tell people like me it is an OS problem and to contact Microsoft since the OS
is from MS. What a load of bull. The only thing that Dell owns by that
explanation is the name Dell.

Old February 19th 07, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Rick Rogers

Hi Myke,

The OEM contract any of the manufacturers have specifically limits and
excludes support by Microsoft. The OEM is solely responsible for the version
ofWindows sold and COA's distributed with their machinery. Microsoft only
supports retail disks. If Dell cannot/will not support their system, return
it.